Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I'm throwing an Office party!
1 to 22 of 22
Oct 4th 2006

Since I'm going to be a year older, I'm throwing a party. And because no party is complete without Dwight Schrute the fascist nerd, it's going to be NBC's The Office style. I already know I want everyone to dress business casual, come prepared to play Flonkkerton and watch a few episodes; we'll put a pot of coffee on and pretend to count down the clock until 5PM. I found these amazing salesman trophies that I'm going to buy and have engraved in a mock-Dundies ceremony:

http://www.affordableawards.com/figures/salesm.jpg

Does anyone else have ideas for other Office-related activities / games I could prepare? I mean, besides Who Would You Do and Desert Island ;-)

Dani

Oct 4th 2006

Gee, I really wish I could live up to my name right now. You can have some sort of game where you have to eat your way through jello to get something, but that might get too messy. More on that idea.. put little prizes into hollow easter eggs inside jello. Mix the prizes up so they are either bad or good.

Oct 4th 2006

Save some yogurt caps and paper clips for your flonkerton awards.

Someone posted pics of their season premeire Office party on one of the threads. I don't remember who it was or where to find it. If anyone has the link, please post it for themidlakemuse

Oct 4th 2006 edited

Great idea, Plaid: it was our friend Jinx, p.24 of the Haiku thread, third from the bottom for photos.

Oct 4th 2006

if you're a guy (sorry, the name's ambiguous) you could invite a receptionist, then flirt with her endlessly, but don't make a move until long after it's too late, then transfer to another party, then have the two parties merge

Oct 4th 2006

Streamers are good, although preferably not green. And make sure you don't have two food items in the same category, like cookies and brownies.
Oh, definately play Hateball.

Oct 4th 2006

Here's the link to the party that, appropriately, Cat Party had a few months ago. It was a virtual party, but if I remember correctly, it was a smashing success. Lots of great menu and game ideas here.

Oct 4th 2006

the name's ambiguous

sounds so very british.

make sure that who would you do is not present company excluded.

Oct 4th 2006

Other games you could play include "How many M&M's can you fit in your mouth" and "Running around the table with a full cup of hot coffee." The Office Olympics will give you more ideas.

(Maybe your guests should sign disclaimers...) :o)

Oct 4th 2006

I think we've done this before ...

Oct 4th 2006

That's what she said!

I'm so very sorry.

Oct 5th 2006

LOL @ Brian's comment...I'm a girl, but it doesn't mean I couldn't BE the receptionist...

Jul 24th 2008

Hey, themidlakemuse, I forgot to ask! How was the party?

Jul 24th 2008

Where has TO101 been? She's been inactive for a month. Did I miss the memo on why she's not here?

Jul 24th 2008

LOL @ Brian's comment...

Why don't we do this anymore?

Plus:

That's what she said!

I'm so very sorry.

Wow. NA was a little more genteel in the olden days.

Jul 24th 2008

Toaster leaves for awhile but usually comes back at some point to check in.

LOL @ Madge's comment.

Jul 24th 2008

Hey, themidlakemuse, I forgot to ask! How was the party?

Yay! Single Tear is bringing them back to life! They are not dead as long as we still talk about them.

I don't mean to sound braggy, but I think I was the first one to drop a TWSS in these fine forums. I remember that I kept looking at it before posting it, and I was so afraid that I was going over the line or something.

Jul 24th 2008

I don't mean to sound braggy, but I think I was the first one to drop a TWSS in these fine forums. I remember that I kept looking at it before posting it, and I was so afraid that I was going over the line or something.

And now you've come full circle with your fine BBQ scene with Jim and the NAdies. Impressive NA accomplishments.

Jul 24th 2008

And I was worried with that one that I didn't go far enough. Full circle indeed.

Jul 25th 2008

Yay! Single Tear is bringing them back to life! They are not dead as long as we still talk about them.

I knew I was copying off of someone but I couldn't remember who. It was you, Jinx, who taught me that by raising them from the dead, we are honoring them.

Jul 25th 2008

More on that idea.. put little prizes into hollow easter eggs inside jello.

PartyPlanning Biatch, I'm going to have to try that.

It was you, Jinx, who taught me that by raising them from the dead, we are honoring them.

The funniest is when you just respond to someone from two years ago like it was yesterday. That will never not be funny.

Feb 10th 2011

Can we block all the threads?

1 to 22 of 22
Top of PageBack to discussions