Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.04 Grief Counseling
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 327
Oct 11th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 4
  • First aired on October 12, 2006
  • Written by Jennifer Celotta
  • Directed by Roger Nygard
  • Northern Attack Recap

His capa is detated from his head!

Oct 11th 2006

Guess this solves the whole question about Ed Truck's pension. He got fat after the White Shadow. It's probably what killed hm.

Oct 11th 2006

The thing that stood out to me about Ed Truck in his short time on screen was his strong reaction to the cameras. When he met Michael by the dumpster he did a double take when he noticed a camera was on him, then he nervously followed it with his eyes as the camera swung around him to focus on Michael. The only instance I can remember of a "true" reaction to the cameras by an outsider.

Oct 11th 2006

I wonder if the news about Cory Lidle will affect the response to this episode.

Oct 11th 2006

Yeah, is that a weird story or what?

Oct 11th 2006

cant win. amish. whatever.

Oct 11th 2006

the preview clips on yahoo were great. Especially the first.

Oct 11th 2006

I wonder if the news about Cory Lidle will affect the response to this episode.

It won't; at least it shouldn't. It was made clear in the Yahoo preview clips that the death in question was of quite a different nature. Regardless, I don't see it affecting the episodes.

Just a couple hours before I read the following in USA Today's negative review of Twenty Good Years:

Perhaps we need some TV equivalent of a pilot's license — something to prove you know how to handle high-powered actors before you're allowed to take them for a spin.

More poignant than intended.

Oct 12th 2006

hmm, It does look like a good episode though, hey an absolutely random thought here: I just remembered (that time at the market-sorry) anyway, I just remembered a long time ago once as a kid I got cereal for breakfast and then poured myself some soda and my parents yelled at me for having soda with breakfast. But they were drinking coffee as they said it. How is that any different?

Oct 12th 2006 edited

Just watched the previews and it's safe to say that Creed is definitely on top of his game this season. One line per episode, and it's ususally the best one. The writers are doing a great job with his character.

Oct 12th 2006

Originally the press releases were saying something about some major RAM interaction tonight, we'll see if that comes to pass.

I'll be sick if it happens!

Oct 12th 2006

Oh no! We need JAM interaction, not RAM!!

Oct 12th 2006

so, your saying we need to DODGE a RAM. okay that was sooooo corny, hiding under a rock now

Oct 12th 2006

This summer I had an idea about the office being forced to deal with a death, so this is pretty neat (although my prediction was Marjorie, not Michael's old boss). I can't wait to see Michael try milk his "sorrow" for as much as he can.

As a side note, there is a spoiler thread for bringing up things that are/might be in the episode that hasn't aired yet.

Oct 12th 2006

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot....lot of inappropriate Michael-isms on the subject of death.

And the threat of RAM coming together...well, that's just something we're going to have to deal with, like the British during the Battle of Britain, or America during the Revolutionary War, or the world during the career of Pauly Shore. Never have so many owed so much to so few....

I need to get out more.

Oct 12th 2006

Best moments:

1. Mufasa
  2. Ryan's fish funeral (awww)
  3. Pam singing
  4. Toby killed the bird!
Oct 12th 2006 edited

Loved the episode! Roy/Pam and Karen/Jim banter made me happy.

When Pam started saying her joke about the female boxer, I immediately started to laugh, but when Ryan followed that up with Lion King, that was comic genius.

and dwight stuffing the bird in a coke can! and then stomping on the bird. Oh man. Great stuff.

Oct 12th 2006

By far, best episode this season.

Oct 12th 2006

I would have loved to see more movie references in the conference room, but Kevin had to go and ruin it for everyone...

Nice balance of what we come to expect: humor and heart. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 (which means nothing, but sounds nice) ;-p

Oct 12th 2006

This may be obvious, but it really seemed like Michael was upset simply because Ed's situation (single, Regional Manager at DM) was so proximal to his own. Michael sees a little of himself in Ed, so Ed's death forced Michael to face his own mortality. And when the event didn't have the psychological effect on the rest of the office as it did on Michael, he became even more upset.

Anyways, on a more superficial level, I really enjoyed this episode. It really felt like just a good classic office episode. Having said that, and despite the fact that I am enjoying watching how Jim functions in the Stamford branch, I think I am becoming more anxious for his return to Stamford. The Convention is still my season-favorite for that dynamic alone. Oh well, I suppose that it is the waiting game from here.

Oct 12th 2006

IMO Jim is turning to Karen because he misses that dynamic he had with Pam and is trying to create it with this new girl. I really can't wait for some JAM interaction once more.....

Also, is it just me or does it seem that Pam has come out more lately? She is more bold than she used to be and does things with out the gentle nudge that Jim used to give her (Singing, telling the boxing story, getting Michael to get her a cup of coffee).

Oct 12th 2006

"There is such a thing as good grief. Ask Charlie Brown." I was falling out of my chair laughing when Michael said that.

Oct 12th 2006

I loved Andy's line: Did you look...in your butt?" I like andy's element as a really immature character, kind of like an evil kevin/dwight

Oct 12th 2006

Loved this one. Glad to see the Office in classic form after last week's debacle.

Oct 12th 2006

LOVED IT! This episode felt a lot more like last season to me. Everyone was at their best. Andy, Pam, Dwight, Stanley (you just spit on me), even Roy was great. The only thing I didn't like (but still did like b/c it was so sweet) was Jim giving chips to Karen. He gives chips to Pam! (The Fight, I think it was.) Maybe that's his thing. :) Can't wait to see the deleted scenes.

Oct 12th 2006

Last week's debacle?? It was a good episode last week...I kind of feel that this episode was a debacle. I mean, it was okay and the scene with pam, ryan, and kevin's death stories was hilarious...but I just felt like it was too sad or lacking something. It just didn't feel like an office episode to me. But it was still good...The convention, in my opinion, is still the best episode of the third season thus far. I need Jim back in Scranton with Dwight!

Oct 12th 2006

"Debacle" is pretty strong...but pretty accurate in describing last week's episode. I liked this one a lot - best one of the season so far. I loved the conference room scene. I have a soft spot for Weekend at Bernie's ;-)

I need Jim back in Scranton with Dwight!

I agree. I will admit that the show has lost its "must see TV" spark with me. The heart is definitely missing.

Oct 12th 2006

How soon do you think the writers will bring jim back to scranton?

Oct 12th 2006

Were there any "talking heads" in this episode? I think I need to go back and watch because for some reason I can't remember a single one.

Oct 12th 2006

Yeah there was one with Pam talking about the bird funeral and ryans fish funeral

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 327
Top of PageBack to discussions