Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.04 Grief Counseling
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. >
301 to 327 of 327
Jul 1st 2008

Is this the one that's on tonight? Last week, I stayed up to watch The Convention. I love Grief Counseling. It's funny and sweet at the same time.

Jul 1st 2008

Yes, it was on tonight. I had a hard time with the Jim/Karen stuff, because that's kind of when it all began, but yeah, I loved the episode otherwise. So many funny things going on. And this is the episode in which GB was born, right?

Jul 1st 2008

And this is the episode in which GB was born, right?

Yes, that's gb's birth moment.

Jul 2nd 2008

Yep. I emerged from "The Office's" vaginal canal after this episode. It was a great episode, and it was shortly after that one that I signed on here, I believe. So, obviously, this must be everyone on here's favorite episode for that reason alone.

Jul 2nd 2008

They do such a good job of showing Pam 'evolving' in these early S3 episodes, but then they sort of lose the theme after The Merger.

"His cappa is detated from his head!"

Jul 2nd 2008 edited

They do such a good job of showing Pam 'evolving' in these early S3 episodes, but then they sort of lose the theme after The Merger.

Oh, I don't know.

She did get knocked on her ass pretty badly when Jim came back with Karen in tow, but why wouldn't she? It always takes a little time to recover from that kind of surprise and disappointment.

But she gets herself pulled together and starts making progress again in episodes like Benihana Christmas and Ben Franklin. And, of course, she really starts the "evolutionary process" in an intentional way after Business School.

Even the Roy-Thing, which some NAers (with 20/20 hindsight) have called a mistake, was actually an essential step in her growth. She needed to see if things with Roy could work out she wasn't a doormat. As soon as it became obvious that the answer was "No" she walked away. Good for her.

Jul 2nd 2008

(with 20/20 hindsight)

That was 20/20 foresight and 20/20 simultaneoussight, actually , and to call it essential is indefensible. She had 10 years to figure that out, and did in fact figure it out when she broke off their engagement.

Woah, deja vu.

Jul 2nd 2008

She had 10 years to figure that out, and did in fact figure it out when she broke off their engagement.

Incorrect.

She had 10 years to figure out that a relationship with Roy wouldn't work under one set of rules (the sick, dysfunctional rules we saw exhibited in The Pilot). She had no evidence to suggest it couldn't work out better under a very different set of rules - for example, with her honestly expressing her needs and her expectations, and standing up for herself.

Jul 2nd 2008 edited

I had hope for the new incarnation of Roy and Pam, but I think that was baseless optimisim. I doubt it had a lot to do with Pam's "growth," but more with the season's episode commitment, sort of like Karen staying with Jim after he admitted still having feelings for Pam. It's annoying to watch now.
eta: So I'll cop to the hindisght charge, but that doesn't make the belief incorrect.

Also, would she really think Roy would change because now she won't drink regular beer when she asked for light beer? 10 years is 10 years, after all.

Jul 2nd 2008

Correct, and I apologize for disagreeing.

Fixed that for you.

She had no evidence to suggest it couldn't work out better under a very different set of rules - for example, with her honestly expressing her needs and her expectations, and standing up for herself.

She would have to literally be retarded to know him as well as she did under any set of rules or circumstances and think that asserting herself would change him. And while some women make that mistake, those stories belong on Lifetime and should not be passed off as quality television.

Jul 2nd 2008

Nice to know there are certain bedrock realities one can always count on - like longitude, latitude and the S3 Debate. :-)

Jul 2nd 2008 edited

But she gets herself pulled together and starts making progress again in episodes like Benihana Christmas and Ben Franklin. And, of course, she really starts the "evolutionary process" in an intentional way after Business School.

She was a bit more assertive in ABC and BF, but it justs seems like they dialed her way back when Jim returned to Scranton to prevent fans from wondering why she didn't just ask him what was up with their relationship.

As for the Roy/Pam reunion....a tired idea poorly executed. Or as Bri said:

She had 10 years to figure that out, and did in fact figure it out when she broke off their engagement.

Jul 2nd 2008 edited

She would have to literally be retarded

Now that would be an interesting plot turn, even though we'd all get mad that they were recycling the Holly-hazing of "Goodbye, Toby."

Jul 2nd 2008

Correct, and I apologize for disagreeing.

Fixed that for you.

I'm just going to go ahead and Tear myself on that one, because I thought that was pretty damn funny.

Jul 2nd 2008

I'm just going to go ahead and Tear myself on that one

You mean I could have just been awarding myself Daily Dundies all this time? Because sometimes I really crack myself up.

Jul 2nd 2008

Why do you think I needed to build a shed to store all my DD's?

Jul 2nd 2008

Why do you think I needed to build a shed to store all my DD's?

That sounds really expensive, B. A bra should do the trick just fine.

Jul 2nd 2008

I knew I shouldn't have abbreviated.

Apr 12th 2010
Apr 12th 2010

Hey guys! Remember episode threads?

I can barely remember episodes.

Apr 12th 2010

Because of old.

Apr 12th 2010

Eff.

Nov 11th 2010

Right now, I'm the only one at NA, and it feels like someone is punching me in the grief bone, and I'm crying and nobody can hear me, because I'm terribly terribly, terribly alone.

Nov 11th 2010

Yeah ya are.

Nov 11th 2010

At least your cappa wasn't detated.

Nov 12th 2010

I just found the bird resuscitation article from April. Awesome.

Nov 12th 2010

Yeah, that was mine. I was probably having a day like I was yesterday, when no one was around and I was posting crap just to try to drum up conversation. I'm glad it worked, seven months later.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11