Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Guaranteed merger??
1 to 19 of 19
Oct 14th 2006

Even outside of the spoiler topics, people keep saying that there's obviously going to be a merger down the road. It makes a lot of sense, and that would be great, but... it won't be a surprise. Shouldn't it have been a surprise? Are there any other possible things that can happen?

Oct 14th 2006

Have......have you heard of the British version of the show?

Let me spoil it....A merger happens there too.

Oct 15th 2006

But... so?

Oct 15th 2006

I don't think they're bent on keeping the same plot developments as the British version, especially as the US version progresses and finds its own voice. They've really come to their own in this show and are doing things their own way, which I applaud (Dawn and Tim being just one example). I wouldn't count anything as a definite just because it happened that way in the British show.

Oct 15th 2006

The show clearly has its own voice, and it's not that they mimick the UK version. That said, it is based on the UK version: the bumbling boss, the sycophant second in command and a love interest between a salesman and the receptionist. There's parallels on finer points too: Michael's dance scene in the booze cruise, for example, as well as his foray into Internet dating. None of this is to say that I think they copy so much as they take bits and pieces and use them as jumping off points to go in their own direction. So there'll be a merger, and that's straight from the UK storyline. But they'll make it their own. The term voice is great, because it's the real difference and it doesn't pertain to the main story constructs but rather the nuances that make it what it is.

Oct 19th 2006

We'll see. I was of the impression that since the pilot they've been doing original material.

Aug 25th 2008

people keep saying that there's obviously going to be a merger down the road.

I highly doubt this is going to happen, Froggy 101.

Apr 19th 2010

people keep saying that there's obviously going to be a merger down the road.

I highly doubt this is going to happen, Froggy 101.

You were wrong, NANN. So wrong!

Why am I taunting someone who hasn't been here almost 2 years? That seems mean.

Apr 19th 2010

Well, s/he did wait two years to argue the point. So eff him/her.

Apr 19th 2010

Yeah, eff that person.

Apr 20th 2010

Is... sorry, WAS their name supposed to be an insult to us?

Apr 21st 2010

Is... sorry, WAS their name supposed to be an insult to us?

Well, I'm insulted. So eff them.

Apr 21st 2010

How did this thread never get shut down?

Apr 21st 2010

It was started in '06, active for 5 days, forgotten, bumped with 1 post 22 months later, ignored, then bumped again 17 months later.

I guess it's just because it's spent so much of its life ignored and nobody even cared enough to put it out of its misery. Poor little thread.

Apr 21st 2010

Wait, you've been at this bumping business for a year and a half?

Apr 21st 2010

No! Maybe.

It was that NANA or whatever person that bumped it in '06.

Apr 21st 2010 edited

No, it was NANA who bumped it in '08 . . . which makes me suspect that NANA is YOU!

Apr 21st 2010

'08

Oh, yeah. I put the wrong date. I meant '08.

It's not me. My fake account is Boobs, which is left over from the NAsquerade. Was NANA in the NAsquerade?

Apr 21st 2010

I guess it's just because it's spent so much of its life ignored and nobody even cared enough to put it out of its misery. Poor little thread.

It deserved its ignominy. How could anyone, in October of 2006, doubt there was going to be a merger?

1 to 19 of 19
Top of PageBack to discussions