Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.05 Initiation
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 268
Oct 18th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 5
  • First aired on October 19, 2006
  • Written by B.J. Novak
  • Directed by Randall Einhorn
  • Northern Attack Recap

When you are ready to see the sales office, the sales office will present itself to you.

Oct 18th 2006

Is this the episode where Jim and Pam reunite, acknowledge their undying love and start making babies? I heard that the promo seemed to suggest that.

Oct 18th 2006

Either that, or it's the episode where Jim and Pam decide never to talk again, that they're better off separated, and that they hate their whole audience. And their puppy.

It really could go either way.

Oct 18th 2006

After seeing the promo last night, I am excited to see this episode. No, VERY excited. No, EXTREMELY excited.

Oct 18th 2006

UR, watch your mouth around here. People sure love their JAM.

I wouldnt mind seeing that. That'd get some people I know so worked up. :-)

Oct 18th 2006

Knowing NBC, that was probably two completely different phone conversations in the promo, and not to each other (YouTube the promo if you haven't seen it; I don't want to articulate any specifics).

Oct 18th 2006

NBC has definitely been misleading in some of their promos and episode descriptions, but that would be outright lying. I think it will be what it says it is, but it will be a very minor part of the episode, no more than 30 seconds worth.

Oct 18th 2006

And their puppy.

hehe, sheesh

Oct 18th 2006

Knowing NBC, that was probably two completely different phone conversations in the promo, and not to each other (YouTube the promo if you haven't seen it; I don't want to articulate any specifics).

See, got my hopes up and now your went and made me realize that so curse you! On another note, I usually pick three new shows a season to watch, this season it was Studio 60, The Nine and Heroes (eh, im a sucker for serials, i know) anyway, Studio 60 has been great from the start, im still undecided on the nine but the big story for me is Heroes, I was one eppy away from kicking it off my regular watch list and it went and got interesting this week, plus the previews yee haw.

Oct 18th 2006

Heroes, I was one eppy away from kicking it off my regular watch list and it went and got interesting this week

I am totally with you on Heroes...halfway thru I said I was done and then it got good. I am very excited for this episode of The Office!! But I agree with other posts that Jim and Pam's mouths didn't seem to match up to what we heard them saying. This episdoe will have to hold us for two weeks, since the next one is a rerun so it better be great! :)

Oct 19th 2006

cool Office article from my local paper

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06291/730750-237.stm

Oct 19th 2006

OK...so this quote from that article means...

But the cast plans to come to Scranton to film an episode about the huge St. Patrick's Day parade. And the mayor wants to fly the cast in through corporate sponsors for "The Office" day, a big lovefest of the show.

We are all renting vans to go there for the filming, right? Should we rent from Hertz or Alamo? :-)

Oct 19th 2006

When I viewed the promo on YouTube, the dialogue does not seem to match their mouths. When I saw the promo on tv it matched, really. I was looking closely to see. Anyone agree or notice this? I think the picture quality has something to do with the clarity of that scene on You Tube. I still agree witht the majority that it is a misleading promo.

Oct 19th 2006

Did you read Kate's blog today? She seems excited about the stuff we've been so skeptical about so -- maybe there's actual STUFF going on!!! (I'm so vague. I'll post in the spoilers section.)

Oct 19th 2006

I saw the promo Sunday night and Tuesday night and both nights used the DVR to watch it multiple times. I never noticed the words not matching their mouths.

Oct 19th 2006

Youtube has syncing problems.

If they are filming a St. Patrick's Day episode, they have to film it beforehand, right? SO they have to throw a fake parade in real Scranton?

Oct 19th 2006

I've seen the Promo on TV several times and i do not think the words match the mouths at all I guess we will know tonite

Oct 19th 2006

Bit of a dilemma, as the seventh game between the Mets and Cards comes on tonight, as well as the new "Office"...

It might be blasphemous (considering Jenna's hometown and all)...but I'm kinda pulling for the Mets tonight. They managed to keep the Redbirds from sealing the deal last night, and in impressive fashion to boot. Either way, I think whoever wins tonight will have to make a deal with Satan to get past the Tigers. But the Mets, to me at least, have shown more heart and desire to win than the Cardinals. Plus, I really don't buy into the notion that Tony La Russa is the "best baseball manager ever"

So...eight to eight-thirty NLCS, eight-thirty to nine "Office" (with cuts back during commercial breaks), and then back to NLCS at nine until whenever it ends. Sounds like a plan to me!

Oct 19th 2006

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything big, but even a very brief "reconnect" will set the stage for lots of interesting things later in the season...

Oct 19th 2006 edited

redacting the first part, didn't like my tone

Plus, I really don't buy into the notion that Tony La Russa is the "best baseball manager ever"

Neither does anyone in St. Louis, except possibly Tony La Russa.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Alas, as a diehard Redbird fan I do not have the same luxury. I might have been able to swing something like that for a divisional-round game, but it's out of the question for Game 7.

Speaking of which: I don't have iTunes, and I'm up at school with just one available TV. So...sorry, Office, but the Cards' roots run deeper. Bros before hos...or oiseaux before shows, or something.

The extension of this is that I can't stop by here till I've seen the ep. So unless I come across a bootlegged YouTube version (a possibility), it's sayonara to Northern Attack until I visit home next weekend and can catch up. In the event of a Cardinals loss, I'll make a beeline for the haiku thread to post my congratulatory haiku to Brian, then I'm out.

So long, everybody, and enjoy the episode.

Oct 19th 2006

Oh Oh OH!!! I totally even forgot where I was during that JAM scene! Oh my gosh! It was great and sad and wonderful. The whole episode was fantastic. When Jim starting singing I starting laughing and then Andy finishing the song! I lost it. Angela's blowout, Stanley's pretzel obsession and Ryan coming into his own...this was the episode I have been waiting all season for! YAY!

Oct 19th 2006

Good one, even if they did make us wait for soooooo damn long for Jam action!

I don't know if I buy Ryan and Dwight as "allies", but for this episode it worked. You wonder if Jim was ever subjected to similar treatment....

Oct 19th 2006

Yeah! that was way more of a "reconnection" than I really expected. Loved it!

Oct 19th 2006

Best episode of the season, but thats cuz I'm a sap. I liked michael and stanley's high five. Also, Dwight Planting his seed is great

Oct 19th 2006 edited

I really, really need to see this episode again.

It wasn't that funny, or something. I'm not sure. As I said, I'll wait until iTunes lets me watch it again.

(I feel like the JAM fans of the past month :p)

Oct 19th 2006 edited

Ok, I was pretty much thinking that this was the worst episode of the season so far because so much of the beet farm stuff just seemed over-the-top to me, but then, oh, oh, oh, the last few minutes. . .<sigh>

My, oh, my, how I've missed JAM!

I actually just read yes, monkey's post, and yeah, I have to agree that there were some classic moments--I mean, singing The Cardigans? Come on, that was genius.

Oct 19th 2006

I don't buy every episode from ITunes--in fact, I've only bought two, but that unexpected end makes me want to rewatch this NOW!

I was really trying to get over the lack of JAM, and I thought I had pretty much made peace with it for now. I agree with all of you who say that JAM is not, and shouldn't be, the center of the show. I also watch it because everyone and everything else non-JAM related is so good. I had even started to not hate Karen. Tonight, however, it all came rushing back. They just have unbelievable chemistry. I miss their interaction terribly!

Oh, I think I need some help.

Oct 19th 2006

Best Cosby Impression. . . . . . . ever.

Oct 19th 2006

Did anyone see Josh inconspicously kind of flip off the camera when he was in the background?

Oct 19th 2006

Wow, I had no idea how much I missed Jam until this episode... I've watched that scene half a dozen times already. Simply Love it. Forget anything I said about liking Jim and Karen flirting. Long live Jam. My heart is all a-flutter. (Oh yeah, and the rest of the episode was good too!)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 268
Top of PageBack to discussions