Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Mavis Beacon Doesn't Even Type 90...
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 88 of 88
May 10th 2009

I don't know, 17 wpm is pretty horable.

Boom. Typo/misspelling roasted!

May 10th 2009

OH SNAP! No joke, I got 69 WPM with 98% accuracy. I'm pretty proud of that.

May 10th 2009

Oh no i know it is bad but I also know I type much better than that when I am not looking at the screen. I am pretty good at copying paper work from paper to computer but looking at the screen and copying that made it more difficult for some reasons.

May 10th 2009

I don't know, 17 wpm is pretty horable.

This made me laugh audibly and loudly.

Jan 18th 2010

I actually had to reference this thread again, because I'm applying for a job (in the Dept. of Education of all places) and they want to know my WPM. I think I'll fudge the numbers a bit.

Jan 18th 2010

Good luck, Dao. I just know you'll be a great secretary.

Jan 18th 2010

Receptionist.

Jan 19th 2010

Good luck with the job interview, D. Tell them you type 99 2/15 WPM. They wouldn't suspect you're fudging a number that high.

Jan 20th 2010

I don't technically have an interview, yet. I just sent in the application. If they like what they see, then I get the interview. But thanks, Madge!

Jan 20th 2010

If they like what they see

You should send them a picture of Christina Hendricks at the Golden Globes.

Jan 20th 2010

You should send them a picture of Christina Hendricks at the Golden Globes.

Dude. Those ruffles were a travesty, but, like Mr. A said, you have to have something to balance out those Golden Globes.

Jan 20th 2010

Yeah, I don't care about the ruffles.

Jan 20th 2010

Ruffles? What ruffles?

Feb 3rd 2010

I am typing a paper and I needed to put something in italics so I typed a * . Hmmm, markdown is in my brain and I don't even comment here that much.

Feb 3rd 2010

We've been meaning to talk to you about that. Posting more, not Markdown.

Feb 3rd 2010

I lurk constantly, I'm just too lazy to post most of the time.

Feb 3rd 2010

Double post, just for fun.

Feb 3rd 2010

Go crazy.

Feb 3rd 2010

And don't let the elevator break you down.

Oct 12th 2018

Typing Speed: 63 WPM
Errors: 3 Adjusted: 59 WPM

I'm not bored. You're bored.

Oct 13th 2018

Cool, bro.

Oct 15th 2018

I applied for a part-time job, transcribing phone conversations for the hearing impaired. I practiced my typing skills prior to that, and was up to 70 wpm, with 3 errors. During the application process, I was told that I would possibly have to transcribe financial and sexual conversations. So there was that...

Oct 15th 2018

So win-win-win

Oct 16th 2018

My wife does voice texting all the time, and that seems to work most of the time. Why wouldn't they use this, instead of having a person type out the phone conversation? And are you even fast enough to keep the conversation flowing? You're not fast like wham bam thank you ma'am. Although I hope you say thank you.

I don't want to be negative about your new possible job...maybe I'm not understanding what it is you'll be doing? Are you really transcribing real time phone conversations?

Oct 16th 2018

And can you share them with us?

Oct 16th 2018

I never suspected that VG would end up as a phone sex operator. Good for her.

Oct 16th 2018

I have no idea, Jinx, to be honest. You raise a compelling argument. I was offered the job, but didn't take it, because I would have had to take two weeks off of my day job for training, which wasn't going to work.

During the testing for the position, I kept up just fine, and there was a foot pedal you stepped on to pause the dictation. Also, we didn't have to capitalize or punctuate, so that made it faster, supposedly. It didn't for me during the test, because it's just natural to do that.

The only thing I can think of as a deterrent to voice texting, is that it isn't always accurate, in my experience. But, who knows?

Nov 11th 2018 edited

During the application process, I was told that I would possibly have to transcribe financial and sexual conversations. So there was that...

I wish you the best of luck. Not everyone is cut out for a career in politics.

The only thing I can think of as a deterrent to voice texting, is that it isn't always accurate, in my experience. But, who knows?

In my current role I need to ensure that videos we share are properly captioned for ADA compliance. I can tell You facebook and YouTube are only 50-80% accurate and not beyond inserting occasional profanities and racial slurs. You need human eyes on that shit.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 88 of 88
Top of PageBack to discussions