Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >
31 to 60 of 26214
Oct 27th 2006

For the first time in my life, the St. Louis Cardinals are World Series champions.

Oct 28th 2006

Well Nathan, now we know that you are younger than 38!

Oct 28th 2006

Boy, I called the Series all wrong...

I will go out on a limb and predict the Series for next year: two teams will meet, one from the National League, one from the American League. And in a best-of-seven series one of these two teams will beat the other.

So I'm going to say...it's going to be that team, over there. Yeah, right over there, in that urban setting there. They're going to win their respective league, and then defeat their opponent in the World Series.

You can bank money on it! ;-p

Oct 28th 2006

Here's a nice thing: all the comentators and others who dismissed the National League as inferior and predicted a rout by whichever team won the AL Pennant have been proved wrong.

The team that dominated the AL all year and rolled through the playoffs was embarrassed by a St. Louis team that some people didn't even consider the best in its league (they were wrong, obviously).

Oct 28th 2006

I can't say I'm disappointed. Sorta ambivalent. I mean, we all know what can happen to the Cards in the World Series cough 04 cough so I guess this makes up for it. Thanks Cards, for sucking when I needed you not to (again, 04) and doing good against a team that hadn't swung a bat in at least a week. I wanted the Tigers to win because they kicked so much ass against much better teams (I'm a Yankee fan. I guess I just wanted the team that beat us to go all the way. This way, we were beaten by the best.), and it seemed anticlimactic to see them go out like this.

I had a "nice thing" on thursday when this thread was made, but I thought it was too personal to talk about. I was typing the words, then I got really disappointed in myself, and deleted it.

Oct 28th 2006

Hearty congratulations, Nathan. I thought of you during the games & celebration. It was an exciting series, and I was thrilled with the MVP choice. Enjoy savoring the win-they-said-wouldn't-be.

Oct 28th 2006

I just got home from a Halloween party (I was a vampiress) and when the cat saw me he freaked. I guess it was the jet black hair and ghostly skin. He finally came round and sniffed till he decided I didn't smell as bad as I looked. hehe

Oct 29th 2006

I just got done working all weekend, and I'm caught up with all my readings et al, for at least the next two days at school. And CSPAN has a debate in the British Parliment from mid-week on and I'm too tired to turn it.

And I love the fact that we've got an extra hour in the day now (hate it when we have to lose one in the spring)

Oct 29th 2006

I just got back from Rutgers Football game and it was great! We were a little rusty but we still beat UConn and remained undefeated 8-0. WOOHOOO!!! Time for the Rutgers chant! Are you guys ready? "R U Rah Rah! R U Rah Rah! Hoorah! Hoorah! Rutgers Rah! Red Team Upstream, Upstream Red Team, Rah! Rah! Rutgers Rah!"

Can you guys feel the school spirit!?

Oct 30th 2006

And I love the fact that we've got an extra hour in the day now (hate it when we have to lose one in the spring)

Dammit... I just lost an hour. Stupid hemisphere...

Maybe this shoud've gone in the tirade thread.

Oct 30th 2006 edited

Me, too! Really, it has very little to do with the extra hour gained, but I love Standard Time. I think when it's night, it should be dark, and it's a great excuse to be inside and read and do cozy things :-)

Other gratitudes: I spent yesterday and today totally cleaning out our bedroom. I mean really cleaning. Dusted the ceiling fan, cleaned off the dust on the top of the armoire (I really didn't know dust could accumulate to be that thick), cleaned out all the junk from under the bed and vacuumed under there, took bags of stuff to the dumpster and Goodwill. It feels like a new room. I know some people do spring cleaning, but fall cleaning makes a lot of sense to me (and, for some reason, is when I really feel like doing my deep cleaning). And I had the Stanley Steemer people here this morning, so the rugs are really clean, too (good timing, since one of the dogs has a urinary tract infection - is that TMI?).

I'm a geek. I love a clean house.

Oct 30th 2006

What's with the cleaning? I cleaned like heck last night, too! My place looks amazing. It's taken a few weeks to clean this deep, but wow. I feel so proud of myself. There's something cathartic about cleaning, I think.

I'm also currently painting crappy but fun paintings and putting them up on my fridge. Yeah, I'm in my 20s and I'm posting paintings on my fridge. So what? It makes me giggle a little. Soon I'll be giving myself gold stars for awesomeness.

Oct 30th 2006 edited

painting crappy but fun paintings and putting them up on my fridge

Pan: that is splendid. I'll give you a gold star right now. And btw: thanks for the haiku tributes to my lifeless computer; they were excellent.

Now I've really got to get off of here and get to my week-of-backlogged-work. sigh.

Oct 30th 2006

I'm also currently painting crappy but fun paintings and putting them up on my fridge.

In my housecleaning frenzy, I recently ridded my own fridge of some fun but crappy paintings. If you're ever in the market for an "owl" that looks like a pig, or a picture of "Dora" that really looks like a bunch of vertical blue scribbles, shoot me a message and I'll send them your way.

The feng shui (sp?) in my house is improving every day.

Oct 30th 2006

There are many things I am grateful for -- this forum is just one of them. You all are always so clever and interesting.

I am extremely grateful that my husband is all better after a long illness. He went back to work this month, 26 days shy of a year out of work.

I am also grateful for my new iPod on which I can watch episodes of The Office. But I can also listen to Dean Koontz books. I have discovered Mr. Koontz this year and am devouring his stories as fast as I can get my hands on them. Do any of you enjoy his books? My favorites so far have been the 2 about Christopher Snow - Fear Nothing and Seize the Night. These 2 really have a lot of funny lines in them. So did Tick Tock. Right now I am listening to Mr. Murder in the car and By the Light of the Moon ("Shep is afraid") on my iPod.

Another good thing - the Chicago Bears are having a kick ass season so far. Da Bears!

Happy Halloween!

Oct 30th 2006

Back to work after a long illness? That beats fridge paintings hands down. I'm happy for your family, Thirsty Babies.

Oct 30th 2006

First off Thirsty, great news about your husband. Second, great taste in books. I love Dean Koontz. I'm bad with the titles, but Odd Thomas was a great one I read this year, and Dark Rivers of the Heart might have been my first by him. I've probably read a dozen of his books. They're like candy. And I usually hate horror, but he's more like suspense. The scary aspects are almost incidental. He often strategically works in a dog as a semi-key character, which is cool in my book. (no pun intended)

I do have to apologize for what my Giants are going to do to your Bears in two weeks, though. That's assuming they can get half their team out of the hospital in time for the game.

Oct 30th 2006

Thank you, Pan, for your kind words. You too, Brian. I have read the 2 Odd Thomas books and enjoyed them very much. The third one in the series is to be released in November. I have not heard of Dark Rivers of the Heart but I will get to it, I'm sure. A dog was very much a part of the Christopher Snow books, a very interesting part! And -- no, no, I think I will be the one with a need to apologize in two weeks. The Monsters of the Midway will make mincement of the Manhattan Monstrosities (that's alliteration for New York Giants).

Oct 30th 2006

If you like Dean Koontz books with dogs, read Watchers. As soon as possible. His best book in my opinion, even better than Odd Thomas.

Oct 30th 2006

All this Dean Koontz talk reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Brian runs over a person with a truck, he stops and says, "Oh, my God! Are you Stephen King?" The man replies, "No, I'm Dean Koontz." Then Brian gets back in the truck and backs over him again.

Oct 30th 2006

Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad have new episodes this Sunday after their baseball-induced hiatus. That's a nice thing going on, at least for me. I wish I could participate in football trash talk, but I'm still in a state of depression after watching Peyton over-exposed Manning go through my Broncos like a hot knife through butter yesterday.

Oct 30th 2006 edited

I just returned from my weekend in LA. And I got to go see where The Office shoots!!! Doesn't get much better than that, IMO!! I will pst pics on the pics thread asap, but it was totally awesome. Mindy, BJ, Brian and Kate all walked right by me as I sat in my car. I have pics of the backs of their heads because I was being as discreet as possible. It was great. I just sat in my parked car in their parking lot and watched the actors, set people, wardrobe, etc come and go. After about 45 min I got nervous that they had caught on to me as I snapped a photo of Brian. I tuned chicken and drove off. Totally could have stayed in hindsight. Absolutely worth sitting in LA traffic for 1.5 hrs to get there.

edited to add: thanks plaid!!!

Oct 30th 2006 edited

Stalker!

(Oh, and where did you say that was?)

Oct 30th 2006

If you like Dean Koontz books with dogs, read Watchers.

Really good call.

Oct 30th 2006

My company is having a pumpkin carving contest. Apparently there's booze and pumpkins outside.

That's pretty nice, really.

Oct 30th 2006

I am such a stalker. I felt like a much nicer version of paparrazzi.

Oct 30th 2006

Hey JLJ, that Broncos game was so upsetting!!!! I think I'm going to go make a voodoo doll of Peyton Manning. Though I can't wait til next week when the Broncs massacre the Steelers. It's gonna be awesome. (They lost to the Raiders! That's so bad!)

Oct 30th 2006

TB, I used to read Dean Koontz all the time. My favs are The Funhouse and Whisper ( Whispers?) These are very old but good enough to spawn movies(bad ones starring Jeff Goldblum). The books were much better. I'll check on those titles again for you.

Back to the thread topic: My daughter crawled into bed with me at 5am. I started to get annoyed because she kept tossing and turning and kicking etc. Then she cuddled up close and started to rub my arm and fell asleep. So sweet and the annoyance was washed away instantly. Also, I got 2 whole hours to myself today. I did a little shopping and actually got to browse without chasing a 2 year old around the store. So double bonus day!

Oct 30th 2006 edited

What's getting me through the day:
3 more weeks of school,
1 week of Thanksgiving break,
3 more weeks of school,
2 weeks of Christmas break!
YAY!
(I'm a teacher - and haven't had a day off since Labor Day...).
Plus, I'm going to visit my family/friends in Chicago over Christmas break, so I am pretty dang excited about that.
Come on, Christmas!!!

(edited because I forget how to use markdown sometimes)

Oct 31st 2006

I was at the Blockbuster last night renting "Big Love", and noticed that all copies of "Slither" had been rented. That is nice for Jenna and her husband!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >