Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >
91 to 120 of 26207
Nov 2nd 2006

What are you guys writing about? Any previews? Are you just making up a story off the top of your head or do you have a rough outline?

Nov 2nd 2006

a little fun at some games of chance

Luck be with you, Thirsty Babies. I envy you. Blackjack's my game...I play it all night long if the $$ holds out. It's definitely a good thing that Las Vegas is several hours away.

teapot: sounds like a great start. Impressive. I'll have to go check out your Lost recap for this week, unless you've subbed it out to some lowly non-novel-writer.

And I second Jinx's request for previews. C'mon, throw us a bone. Am dying to know what y'all are writing.

Nov 2nd 2006

I know my story may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm writing a modern-day adaption of Snow White. It's going to have a good deal of humor, but it's also going to be pretty dark.
And in keeping with the theme of the thread, one good thing is that I have all day to work on my story. The bad news is that I have all this time because I'm sick. Ugh.

Nov 2nd 2006

I have no idea what mine's about yet! Well, a vague concept, but very vague. I know what the first 1,600 so words are about but I'm looking forward to just finding out what happens.

Nov 2nd 2006 edited

That doesn't even qualify as a half-bone, Pan.

twss
(it's a disease)

Nov 2nd 2006

I am writing about...boxes. And cats. And crack. And small children who eat foreign objects (not crack). Put that all together in whatever way makes sense to you. It's like a vague mad lib for you to play with. I'd be more specific, but right now it's a jumble of mis-matched paragraphs and thoughts that wouldn't even make sense if someone read it.

Nov 2nd 2006

I mean are you guys writing fiction? Or true stories? Or just ramblings? Do you have an outline, or are you just as surprised as anyone to see how your story ends?

Nov 2nd 2006

Yup. All of that.

That's not true. I have no outline. Apparently I'm taking a page from the "Lost" playbook and am just seeing where it takes me.

Nov 2nd 2006

Cats and crack, teapot? I'm intrigued. I also have a feeling a cat on crack is going to show up in mine through osmosis now.

I'd say mine's a mix of rambling fiction, jinx. I'm just hoping for the streaks of brilliance amid the stream of crap, like the Web site says.

It's weird. It feels like I'm reading instead of writing. I have very little clue where it's going. I started sketching out characters. Then I guess the Dean Koontz discussion that came up on these boards started influencing the direction. There's even a weird National Treasure aspect to it. It's kind of serious so far. I think I'm going to inject some funny before it gets too far along.

I hope I'm funny.

Nov 2nd 2006

Brian is very funny.

Nov 2nd 2006

I have 2,173 words so far.

Wow, LT I'm impressed! I don't want to admit to how many words I have. Needless to say, I will be writing a lot tonight. And since I'm feeling under the weather, who knows what will come out of my head!

But since this is a happy thread, I will say that I am very happy to have joined NaNoWriMo. I am signed up as FrenchOnion there, too.

Oh, and tomorrow's Friday!

Nov 2nd 2006

Gosh...

• I had a Hawaii vacation...
  • Our book club book was excellent and we had a really good meeting last night, with lasagna and ice cream bonbons at a cute apartment...
  • Twice the baby ran into my arms for a hug, plus he eats tomatoes and cucumbers now...
  • I got to eat the good Halloween candy...
  • I finally watched the Initiation episode so I could a) enjoy it and b) post here again...
  • And people on this board mentioned me in my absence!

I do wish I had a soft pretzel, though. Nothing fancy, just lots of salt.

Nov 2nd 2006

KarenM is back!! YAY! More gross stories, please...

Nov 2nd 2006

brian, your suggestibilty intrigues me.... said the rhinocerous in the yellow parka.

Nov 2nd 2006

A friend of mine saw Steve Carell at a 7-11 (he lives in LA). He was telling me this story, that he was behind him in line and Steve put a bunch of nutrition bars and Diet Coke on the counter, which made my friend happy because that's all he eats, and he was trying to get up the nerve to say hi when his girlfriend came over and said "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO PEE SOOOO BAD" and started doing the pee-pee dance. My friend started making the darty "look at who's in front of us" eyes at Steve and his girlfriend stopped mid-complaint to stand there in embarassed shock. She got the bathroom key...

Anyway, Steve was there with one of his kids and was strapping the tyke into a safety seat when my friend went over to him and said "I just wanted to tell you you're the funniest man alive. Is that creepy?"

Steve said no and was incredibly gracious.

(And now I'm incredibly jealous. Lucky duck.)

Nov 2nd 2006

Pan,

You must re-post this in the "Kevin Bacon" thread...Gotta keep it Office-related!

Nov 2nd 2006

I just realized that! Re-posting!

Nov 2nd 2006

I was just pleased to hear that Steve was so nice.

I feel like I'm rooting for my hometown sports team when it comes to this show -- people who are actually decent and modest and not crazy. It makes me happy to find out my gut feeling is right.

Nov 2nd 2006

I finally listened to Brian and Angela on Loveline. I can get pretty off-color, but that show makes me squeamish at times. The "pretzel day" aspect for me was that, while they had fun with some of the more, shall I say extreme calls, neither of them was like, "Oh yeah, fisting, been there done that."

That would have made it hard to watch the show the same way.

Nov 2nd 2006

Our Office cast: Nice to people at convenience stores, unfamiliar (or at least decorous) with fisting.

I feel an NBC promo coming on.

Nov 2nd 2006

brian, your suggestibilty intrigues me.... said the rhinocerous in the yellow parka.

That almost sounds like a dare to me, said the yellow parka-clad rhinocerous who went by the name ferd.

By the way Pan, great story. I wonder if Steve wen home and told his wife, "Hey Nancy. I met a nice fan today. He was very complimentary. His girlfriend was doing the peepee dance, though."

Nov 2nd 2006

Today, Joseph said, "Hey, Mom, there's the letter P. Peepee starts with P, too."

The peepee dance reminded me of that. We don't even say peepee, so I don't know where it came from. But, just so you know, it starts with the letter P.

Nov 3rd 2006

We do say peepee in our house, but we don't have kids, so catch-22 I guess.

Nov 3rd 2006

Well, Brian, you're a plate-licking man who says peepee and hates Halloween. You're more set for fatherhood than you probably ever thought.

I didn't make a conscious decision to not say peepee. It just sounds silly, and we just started calling things what they really are. Saves confusion later. And it's all well and good until we're walking through Target and Kate points to a woman and says, loudly, "Mom, that lady has a vagina." So, again, Catch-22.

Nov 3rd 2006

But also accurate.

Nov 4th 2006

Well, I have the opportunity to Pam it up. Earlier in the week I made the painful-if-long-overdue decision to end a two-year relationship that was just spinning its wheels; I am quite relieved to have it over with. Then, just last night, my roommate told me that he's withdrawing from college; he packed up and left this morning. So all of a sudden I have my own place, I have some more personal independence...I have lunch for the next five weeks...I don't anticipate putting on any fashion shows, but I'm kind of excited to see what happens next now.

Nov 4th 2006

Nathan,

It speaks well of you that you put this in the "Nice Things" thread; you made a tough, brave choice and you sound really optimistic about your future.

And, suddenly having living space to yourself? Well, that's just gravy!

Nov 4th 2006

Wow, look at fancy new Nathan! Good for you to keep that kind of attitude.

Nov 4th 2006

Nathan, been there and done that and it feels pretty good! Yes, I know, TWSS. Good for you.

I am going to change the subject and add my "pretzel day". Today we were listening to Snow Patrol while driving around and we heard our 2 year old chime in on Chasing Cars. So very cute and unexpected.

Nov 5th 2006

I love those flavored holiday coffee creamers from Coffeemate. I'm not usually a non-dairy creamer kind of gal, but these are very festive. I am downing the Gingerbread one right now, and later I'm going on a quest for the Pumpkin Spice, since my favorite grocery store doesn't have it.

Nathan - I'm sorry about your tough decision, and I admire you for following through on your choice. With your roommate moving out, too, this must be an exhilarating (but frightening) time. Wow. I'm both envious of you and also understand if it's a little scary for you, too.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >