Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >
121 to 150 of 26207
Nov 5th 2006

Good for you Nathan! Talking about relationships, over this weekend my boyfriend and I worked out our problems because we had a huge fight a few weeks ago. We've been having some serious issues this past few months that I was afraid was going to rock our 4 years relationship. I think we've really got down to the core of what we're thinking and understand where each other are coming from. Even though my boyfriend is my best friend like Jim/Pam dynamic, relationship still takes work. As long as we're willing to work on things and identify problems, it'll work out.

Anyway, that's it for the preachy stuff, I'm just happy that my relationship is back on its tracks! :)

Nov 5th 2006

Here's a nice thing I just read: Comic Relief is returning this year! ha ha! Guess Michael can give them his money after all.

Nov 5th 2006

I just looked at the calendar and realized my girls have this Friday off of school, the next week my youngest has a field trip to "the nation's oldest city," and Thanksgiving week they have a T-giving feast on Monday (I am cooking a turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce for it) and then they have Weds, Thurs, and Friday off. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having my girls at home with me. Nothing makes me happier!!

Nov 7th 2006

I just picked up the new Josh Groban cd from K-mart. It's stunning. I'll be listening for any good JAM songs.

Nov 7th 2006

On the 18th of this month (about a week away!) a get to see Straylight Run, one of my favoritest bands ever.

But on top of that, this December, will be seeing the man himself, Mr. Damien Rice (been seriously waiting at least two years to see him in concert, but the guy never comes to America!) when he's in LA. And possibly for free in a record store performance this Saturday. So estatic is a mild term right now.

It almost overshadows my complete lack of money and my complete lack of management of the money I do have.

Plus a girl hit on me in Starbucks today, which is always a good pick-me-up.

Nov 7th 2006

Plus a girl hit on me in Starbucks today, which is always a good pick-me-up.

i wish i had said that

Nov 7th 2006

Me too. uh...you know what I mean.

3 hours till polls close here on West Coast... I'm on my way to change the world.

Nov 7th 2006

Although Ross had absolutely no baby boy pajamas in the size I need, I did find a great pair of maternity jeans. They fit now, they will probably fit later, the pockets are bling and flower-free, and they were less than $15--and they were some brand I never heard of! I should be so lucky with all my jeans. I can't wait to wear them. I was really, really pushing it with my regular pair.

Nov 7th 2006

My improv group booked its first show for Friday night. I'm nervous -- we're untested and there's a lot that can go wrong when you're making things up in the moment, but it's a big step for us, too. I'm lucky to be working with the most talented young people I've ever met.

Nov 7th 2006

But on top of that, this December, will be seeing the man himself, Mr. Damien Rice (been seriously waiting at least two years to see him in concert, but the guy never comes to America!) when he's in LA. And possibly for free in a record store performance this Saturday. So estatic is a mild term right now.

You're a lucky guy. His first CD is gorgeous, and I've all but given up rock music and modern music in general, but him and Sigur Ros have made their way to me and I love them both. I'm not to keen on "9" though, I love the first three tracks, but after that it goes into a territory I don't really like. What's odd is that the first three tracks follow the same kind of format as "O," just the way the songs are structured and ordered. (Side note: I'm embarrased, but I'm working on a "Jam" video set to the second track "Animals Were Gone." It's gonna be super awesome.)

Sorry for the diversion. So...a nice thing that went on. I was running late and got to my history class late, and my professor is a nice enough guy but whenever he hands out papers or tests he throws them in a kind of passive aggressive way, and generally seems like he hates me whenever I ask him anything, but when I handed my test in, my bluebook's spine had lost it's staples and I asked him if he wanted me to to staple it or fold it or something and he was really nice and said "oh it's no problem." Then when I was leaving he said "acutally you should write it again," and laughed. Sounds very small, and it was, but it comforting in a weird way since I literally talk to no one in any of my classes and I was pretty sure he hated me.

Nov 7th 2006

I don't know if anyone watches Food Network or has heard of Tyler Florence, but he's coming to my town on Friday for some food show and I bought tickets to see him cook live for an audience... Is that lame? I'm really excited and this is the appropriate thread, so too bad if that's lame- I'm happy anyway.

Nov 7th 2006

i am very happy with the election projections for my state :)

Nov 7th 2006

I am very happy that for once someone told me I'm not "showing" that much! (Usually people like to point out how fat I'm getting. Ok, maybe they don't say those exact words, but still...)

Also, my husband & I found out the gender of our baby yesterday but everyone thinks we don't know. giggle I love having a secret! (But seriously, I'm dying to tell someone so somebody here needs to ask me the gender please!) :o)

Nov 7th 2006

Awright, FrenchOnion,

Gender, please? (I'm never gonna have kids, so I live vicariously through folks like you...)

Nov 7th 2006

FrenchOnion What is the gender of your baby?!? (I have a newborn so I'm not just asking cuz' you wanted someone to ask! I'm excited for you!)

Nov 7th 2006

Hehe! Thanks, SingleTear and whatevs.

We have two daughters (age 4 & 2) and we just found out that this is a boy! Agh!

And for the record, we were not hoping for a boy. In fact, we're kind of scared. :o)

Nov 7th 2006

FrenchOnion I have two boys and although we're not even close to being ready for a third, I'm now nervous about having a girl, so I understand the feeling. What are you afraid of??? Mine are SO sweet and fun...

Nov 7th 2006

I don't have any brothers and my nephews live too far away, so I don't know anything about boys. I know you have to be careful of escaping peepee when you change their diaper, and that's about it. :o)

I'm sure it'll be great though, I'm just being neurotic and paranoid. I have two great girls (dramatic and emotional, but great) so I would have been happy with a third girl. I hope this isn't sounding like I don't WANT a boy, because I do. I'm just nervous.

Plus, I can't find any boys names that I like. :o)

Nov 7th 2006

How 'bout Jim? :)

Nov 7th 2006

Changing a boy's diaper is easy--just use a cloth diaper for a blast shield and you're set. I like the "birds eye" thin ones myself, not the thick, padded cloth diapers. They also work great for cleaning CDs. I'm expecting a girl and I'm worried about all the rules that go along with girl diapers, like urinary tract infections.

Nov 7th 2006

Thanks for the diaper tip, KarenM. And changing girls' diapers are easy... since you're a girl you know all the things to watch out for. :)

You know... since 2002 at least 25% of my conversations have been about diapers. If anyone is getting grossed out, I apologize for bringing the subject into this happy thread!

How 'bout Jim? :)

Haha! Well, CZ-J, my husband's name is James...

Nov 7th 2006

just use a cloth diaper for a blast shield.

You are way, way stronger women than I...

Nov 7th 2006

Let's just say pee is nothing. A few baths ago I had to go get a cup to retrieve an unexpected floater from the water. And then I was too grossed out to use the same water, so I wasted a whole tubful. The pretzel day part of this anecdote is that I thought to get a plastic cup, so I could just throw it out instead of stressing about washing it (like I stressed when I found some of the good spoons in the guest bathroom toilet bowl--way far removed from where they were supposed to be).

Nov 7th 2006

A few baths ago I had to go get a cup to retrieve an unexpected floater from the water.

I rest my case.

Nov 7th 2006

Haha! Thanks for making me laugh, KarenM. And good thinking to get a plastic cup.

Nov 7th 2006

unexpected floater...guest spoons in the toilet

ha! I'm still laughing. Also, congrats on the jeans. Maternity clothes are expensive so win win.

French Onion congrats!

Nov 7th 2006

I've had a few "holy crap we're having a baby what the hell are we nuts yikes yikes yikes" moments as the blessed day approaches, and I've felt kind of bad about them even though I know they're normal and don't reflect anything that I truly feel. Well tonight my wife had one of those moments, and I talked her through it. The pretzel with the works for me was knowing I'm not the only one.

Trust me FrenchOnion, there are very few good boys names. We could have named sextuplet girls with names to spare, so of course we're having the "no splatter shield included" variety.

(And just for the record, that "floater" comment frightens me. A lot.)

Nov 7th 2006

The pretzel with the works for me was knowing I'm not the only one.

Nicely done...

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy about the lack of boy names. I have mountains of baby name books, including one that has sibling name suggestions, but alas, nothing is striking a cord.

And what are my daughters' recommended brother names, you ask?

Jules, Theodore, Alden, Casper & Benedict

No.

(My apologies to anyone who has or loves those names, but, well... I can't use them for my son.)

Perhaps this should go in the tirade thread. Actually, I love naming babies, so catch-22.

Nov 7th 2006

Isaac is our baby's name, but Lance was the close third (the second was Sebastian and it's fortunately the middle name). We also like Ian. I personally prefer the traditional names that everyone already knows how to spell. Girls names are where we are stuck. I liked Iris but it has been vetoed. and Robin are the current contenders, I guess, but unlike the first baby we haven't really been paying attention to what's going to happen come February. I'm sure we'll think of something.

Nov 7th 2006

Not to change the current topic, or to get political here on a fan forum, but there is change in the air and I hope good things come of it. Happy Nov.7, everybody.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 874
  12. >