Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 874
  13. >
151 to 180 of 26214
Nov 8th 2006

yeah, gt! i am finally going to force myself to go to bed, but tonight was very exciting and inspiring :) (i hope nobody is offended)

Nov 8th 2006

One man's Pretzel Day is another's Tirade Tuesday. Good luck, blues.

Nov 8th 2006

One man's Pretzel Day is another's Tirade Tuesday

True, Nathan. Sorta like the race to the Ring.

Nov 8th 2006

To be entirely non-specific about politics, a friend of mine was working on a campaign in some state for a candidate who is a decent and honest man. My friend has felt so lucky to be working for someone in politics for the right reasons -- and his candidate won.

So know that as cynical as people tend to get about politicians, in at least one race a very good person won.

Nov 8th 2006

Pan, it is good to hear that someone who is decent and honest won his election. I'm glad the voters in his district/region chose an upstanding person for their leader.

Nov 8th 2006

Someone said that to understand politics you have to understand the roots of the word:

poly, meaning many;
ticks, meaning blood-sucking parasites.

Good to hear of an exception, Pan.

Another nonpartisan bit of good news: no more campaign ads for a while!

Nov 8th 2006 edited

poly, meaning many;
ticks, meaning blood-sucking parasites.

Love that

and

no more campaign ads for a while!

Amen.

Nov 8th 2006

Or phone calls! I never thought I'd get sick of Clint Eastwood calling my house but I did.

Nov 8th 2006 edited

Rumsfeld stepping down?! Anyone hear about this? CNN.com, here I come.

edit: it's true

Nov 8th 2006

Between KFed and Rumsfeld both getting the boot, we've had a busy couple of days in this country.

Nov 8th 2006

The scary part is wondering which one will get the larger section in the history books (a.k.a Wikipedia).

Nov 8th 2006

The scary part is wondering which one will get the larger section in the history books (a.k.a Wikipedia).

Exactly. I shudder to think how many more 14-year-olds know who Kevin Federline is than know who Donald Rumsfeld is.

Nov 8th 2006

Pan, I was wrestling with the thought of mentioning Brit ditching K-Fed. Even considered haikuing it. I did cheer when it was announced on my local 5 o'clock news (embarassed and hides face). For the record, I do not generally cheer when divorce is mentioned but in this case... She was one wife beater away from Deliverance with that guy! She can do better and (pauses) why do I care?

Nov 8th 2006

Didn't know about the breakup. That's too bad. Not because she left a jerk, but because she had 2 kids with him within one year.

She can do better and (pauses) why do I care?

I care and I don't know why. I love celebrity gossip. I subscribe to People magazine. My husband says, "Who cares? What difference does it make in your life?" He doesn't like me spending money on things that he has no interest in.

Nov 8th 2006

I have a friend with an inside connection at the Hollywood Reporter. The second-hand dish is absolutely insane.

If you think LA is a crazy town, there is sooooo much more to know.

I think that loving celebrity gossip is a weird mix of envy and schadenfreude. They're all too pretty to be happy all the time!

But I'm always more than a little gladdened to find out that someone is actually awesome.

Nov 8th 2006

I also subscribe to People. I'm sure that will make the next cover. They always cover her.

Nov 9th 2006

I don't get to do this very often, but today I am "working from home", which is actually a euphemism for doing laundry, cleaning the house, running a couple errands, and checking my email every once in a while in order to appear vigilant. I'm thinking an S3 marathon is in order shortly.

Nov 9th 2006

To be entirely non-specific about politics, a friend of mine was working on a campaign in some state for a candidate who is a decent and honest man.

Pan, I was reading this and wanted to insert "I don't believe you. Continue."

Another nonpartisan bit of good news: no more campaign ads for a while!

I was rewatching Heroes on my DVR and started getting mad at the campaign commercials. I'm like, the damn election's over! Then I realized it was from a week ago.

Exactly. I shudder to think how many more 14-year-olds know who Kevin Federline is than know who Donald Rumsfeld is.

A better question is, if they passed on the street, would either recognize the other? OK, not a better question, but weirder.

Nov 9th 2006 edited

Re: a conversation Brian and I were having in another post:

I get almost the whole day off today (I teach a class later, but will be back in time for the show), and I'm using it to have my own personal "Office Day". Geeking out on the fan sites, re-watching episodes, and eating crappy food. It's awesome!

Edit: So, JLJ, my day is much like yours, only I'm not doing anything remotely constructive. (I did my laundry last night...)

Nov 9th 2006

I just got back not too long ago from Rutgers (15) vs. Louisville (3) game and I'm posting because I just adore this forum! This was one of those amazing comebacks and rollercoaster game where we were tied until the last 17seconds of the game. As a Rutgers student, this is probably the most proud and electrifying moment in Rutgers history, beating a nationally ranked #3 college football team. Now we're the only team in the Big East to be undefeated 9-0!!!!!!!!!! By the way, the Empire State Building was lit scarlet red in anticipation of our game!! Did anyone else see that MASSIVE RUSH TO THE FIELD?! I was part of that first wave! Granted we had a false start because we were at the far end of the field goal and couldn't really see the score board and were just too excited. That was a little scary, but we scrambled back really fast. 44,000 fans showed up!! I'm glad I camped out to get the tickets and skipped a class for the game because it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!! Anyway I could go on and on. I will end with our Rutgers chant! (Repeat it 10 more times)

R U Rah Rah! R U Rah Rah! Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Rutgers Rah! Red Team Upstream, Upstream Red Team Rah! Rah! Rutgers Rah!

Nov 9th 2006

Twelve years ago I spent a summer in Italy with a bunch of people from Rutgers, even though I went to college at UCSD. It was culturally explicit in many ways: I came home from the fabled continent with a NJ accent. Good times.

Rah rah Rutgers indeed!

Nov 10th 2006

Yay! I just handed off the last of the week's work and it's only 2:15 PM my time! I don't have to stay up to the wee hours tonight. Good thing the baby is so good-natured... he's allowed me to delay his lunch so I could (almost) make the end-of-business day for the Eastern time zone. I did know in advance I'd have some play around time... my contact gave me the info that she'd be traveling and hinted that even Saturday morning would be OK. But I didn't exploit it and procrastinate further!

Have fun without me during late night.

Nov 10th 2006

Aw, KarenM! What fun is it without you?

Nov 10th 2006

I just received my Office Christmas Ornament!! Very nice. Anyone else order one or am I the only geek?

Nov 11th 2006

I haven't ordered mine yet PurseGirl. I guess I"m waiting on the snow globe to come out so I can order both at once and maybe save some shipping cost.

Denise

Nov 11th 2006

Most people I know, except my boyfriend, don't watch the Office, regardless of how much I push them and tell them that it's the best show on tv. Today I just found out a coworker of mine, a girl, started watching it 2 weeks ago and found it hysterical. This just MADE MY DAY, because now I can burn season 1 from my computer for her and lend her my season 2 DVD and get her totally hooked on it. It's great because not only do I have another person to talk to about the show in addition to my bf (no offense fellow northernattackers, I love posting with you guys too, but it's great to be able to talk about it face to face), I can also gush to her about the hotness that is J. Kras. I know I sound like a high school teeny bopper, but oh well, who cares. :)

Nov 11th 2006

Wow, Dwayne Fart Poop, (I was gonna abbreviate the name, but how often do I get to type the words "fart" and "poop"?) I can totally relate! I never used to have anyone "real" with whom to discuss the show until this past summer. (My husband likes the show, but he's not NA fan calibur) Anyway, my sister was in from out of state and stayed with us for a week. I told her I intended to get her hooked on The Office before she left and she just rolled her eyes and said she didn't have time for TV. 6 days go by and she still hadn't watched any episodes. The night before her plane took off, I forced her to watch a few episodes. Long story short (too late!) she asked me to burn her a copy of S2 and S1 and that was it- she was hooked (I KNEW she would be!) I felt so proud. Now I have someone to actually talk to every Thursday at 8:15 and 9:00. And now I'm really looking forward to when she visits for the holidays cuz' we're gonna sit around and drink wine and have an Office marathon. TMI? Anyway, I agree. It's really nice to have someone to talk to other than the (great) NA fans.

Nov 11th 2006 edited

The theme from The Office is my ringtone. I was in a fairly informal project meeting on Friday and my phone was in the room. When I got a call, I quickly got the muffled phone out of my briefcase and exited to comments of "love that song..." and "is it from Cheers?" I answered "The Office" and there was a chorus of "I Love That Show!" I had just met most of the people in the room and I've gotta say I already estimate them.

Oh, and I got a call from Da-wight today. heh heh. You gotta do it.

Nov 11th 2006

(no offense fellow northernattackers, I love posting with you guys too, but it's great to be able to talk about it face to face)

No offense taken. Here's why...

My sister was telling me today how much her two children, ages 2 and 4, are looking forward to Christmas already. She said that the 2-year-old even says, "Santa's coming. Ho Ho Ho." So I replied, "Ho Ho Ho Pimp." She didn't laugh. At all.

Conclusion: it'd be nice to have someone to share these things with in real life.

Nov 11th 2006 edited

Those Dwight calls are the best. I sent them to my mom, and she was very excited. She got a recorded call from Hillary Clinton the same day, so it was quite the day for her. I laughed so hard when Rainn Wilson said Hillary was hot on Bill Maher :) Such an odd coincidence!

Brian- oddly enough, I have been telling the story of Future Dwight to non-office viewers and they go into hysterics- this is the first time an office joke has worked for me in a nonoffice community. hopefully it will create some new viewers!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 874