Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 874
  14. >
181 to 210 of 26207
Nov 11th 2006

"Ho Ho Ho Pimp." She didn't laugh. At all.

We're so not-understood by those not our kind.

Nov 11th 2006 edited

Amen, my NA brothers and sisters.

I've mentioned my one real-life friend that gets the Office as much as I do. When she comes into my office every Monday to discuss the previous ep, it makes me so happy!

So, I went online and ordered two t-shirts a while back; a "Shrute Farms" shirt for myself and a "Booze Cruise" shirt for her. It's been in my desk drawer for weeks, because I keep forgetting to give it to her (Sigh...TWSS).

So last week I finally remembered, and she was so touched! Seriously; she almost cried. It was awesome!

Nov 11th 2006 edited

So I replied, "Ho Ho Ho Pimp." She didn't laugh. At all.

Again, one of those things that's going to come back and bite you in the ass once your son is born. I'm keeping a list for you.

Nov 11th 2006 edited

I think I speak for everyone here at NA that when someone's just about to get into the show, we're excited for them, in anticipation that they will go back and watch all the episodes they haven't seen yet. "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!" When my coworker told me that she watched The Office and she particularly liked the "future dwight" prank and Carol's rejecting Michael's proposal after 9 dates, all I can think about was how she will be in hysterics when she watches Season 1 and 2: All the scenes of Michael on the phone with Jan, the countless pranks Jim and Pam played on Dwight, she's going to be in for such a real treat. The funniest thing was this conversation we had:

Her: "you know that guy? In that other office, not in Scranton? The one that sits in the middle?" Me: "The tall guy with the moppy hair?" Her: "Yeah!" Me: "That's Jim" Her: "He's freaking HOT!"

That cracked me UP! Here is my married boss/coworker talking about Jim's hotness. She knows that he's not in Scranton because of Pam, but I told her that she MUST watch how the storyline got this way. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm excited for her when she watches the old episodes. I'm taking this whole tv show thing a little too seriously, only my fellow NAers will understand ;)

Nov 11th 2006

I have only managed to convert one friend this season. Now she Tivo's and keeps every episode. It is nice to actually talk to someone about my obsession. But no one understands like NA! My husband likes and watches the show with me but he does not crave "more than that". When I got my package from NBC (the ornament) I was so excited. Before I even opened it he said, "Let me guess, an Office related item". I have already instructed my toddler not to touch mommy's very special (and breakable) ornament. I don't have a tree up yet, obviously, but it is stored safely away until then.

Nov 13th 2006
  • Yesterday, my sister had a healthy baby girl, her first.
  • The other day, my son said to me, out of the blue and as if he'd been thinking about it for a while, "Mom, some days I like you, and some days I don't like you." He was so matter-of-fact about it I was taken aback. Then, later, he added an amendment: "Mom, I really like you. I know I said before I didn't like you, but I forgot, I really do like you." I couldn't stop laughing.
Nov 13th 2006

Congratulations to Auntie Teapot. I'm sure your niece won't forget she likes you for a second.

Nov 13th 2006

Saturday night, I'm going to a live concert by Death Cab for Cutie on campus. I bought the tickets in late September, I've worked every weekend from late August to this past one (and done irreperable damage to my back in the process, no doubt), so I'd better get to use any vacation hours I may have to see the concert and have the day off afterwards...

Or there will be hell to pay..........

But at any rate, I'm going to the Death Cab concert Saturday, gives me something to get through the week for (other than the reunion of JAM, of course) ;-p

Nov 13th 2006

Yesterday, my sister had a healthy baby girl, her first

Congrats Loaded Teapot. I'll be coming to this thread to say the same thing in a week or so.

Nov 13th 2006

Ohhhh Death Cab is soooo good in concert. They rank #1 as my most-watched-live band. No, wait, they tie with Sleater-Kinney.

Anyway.

I just got a raise. It was kind of expected, kind of not. I thought I was heading into a meeting and got greeted with "Congratulations!" So much for grabbing my notebook and pen!

Nov 13th 2006

Congrats Loaded Teapot!! Best wishes to your sister and your niece!

Two-Hole Punch Jim, you have to come back with a full report of the show. They came to New Brunswick, NJ by Rutgers a few weeks ago but I couldn't go because it was right in between 2 exams I had that week.

Finally, my continuous Rutgers Football Coverage this week is happy to report that Rutgers is now ranked #7 in the country by AP Poll and #6 in the BCS rankings! This is the first time the school cracked the top 10 ever since rankings began and we started this year not even on the Top 25. My school spirit is rising by the week!

Nov 13th 2006

I never thanked you all for your kind words a week or so ago. Life is different, to say the least, but I know that I'm better off now than I was, say, a month ago. Thanks for your support.

I have a new crush, too. Well, an old one revisited. The girl I liked in high school comes to my school now, and I see her every once in a while, just enough to stir up old feelings. I have absolutely no expectation of anything ever happening, but that's kind of freeing, in a way; there's nothing to lose. The one thing I am worried about is that it's only been a couple weeks--perhaps too soon to be feeling this way again? I don't know.

Congrats, Dwayne Fart Poop. I'm rooting hard for Rutgers to somehow make the championship game.

Nov 13th 2006

I don't think I'll be getting any vacation time for my weekend off to see Death Cab, seeing as I'm technically "part-time" (though this didn't prevent the powers that be from scheduling me forty hours a week during my time away from school this time last year...greedy bastards). But I'm willing to work during my school's Thanksgiving break to make up for it, so that should balance things out.

I only have their last album (Plans, which I adore), so I fear I might be a bit lost when they play something older. But that's the joy of seeing a real rock band perform, hearing songs that you don't already know.

Nov 13th 2006

Two-Hole Punch Jim, ditto! I just started listening not too long ago and I only have "Plans" as well. They're really growing on me though and I hear they're killer live. Have fun!

Nov 13th 2006

The Red Sox landed Daisuke Matzusaka, which is a nice thing as far as I'm concerned. So, yeah. Rock.

Nov 13th 2006

The website Mcsweeneys recently put out a book compiling some of the lists they often feature on the site, and if you turn to page 163...you might just see a familiar name (my real one, not the alias I use here and whenever I'm filling out my tax returns). I got my free "contributor's copy" last week, and yes I've read my own list a few times now. It's a takeoff of the old Jeff Foxworthy "You Might Be a Redneck" routine, which was good enough to make the lists book.

Nov 13th 2006

THPJ, I'm extremely impressed, I love the McSweeney's site. If they considered you good enough for their book, my hat's off to you.

Nov 13th 2006

. . . and it's snowing now.

Nov 14th 2006

Ooh! McSweeneys! That's awesome!

People, if you like Death Cab, buy Transatlanticism. It's their most perfect album...I was sorely disappointed with Plans after Transatlansticism, which is truly a joy of an album. (I'm a fan of old....I saw them play in a gymnasium in Richmond, Virginia with about 30 other people in attendance. Me and DCFC go way back.)

Nov 14th 2006

I have Plans and just the single of "Transatlanticism", which is probably my favorite song by the band. Always puts me into a serene mood.

Nov 15th 2006

I found some more of my holiday-inspired flavored coffee creamers at a different grocery store. I am psyched. Now I have eggnog, chocolate mint truffle, and pumpkin spice (tastes just like the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, but without the $4.50 price and 1/2 hour drive). I am going to collect the whole family of holiday creamers, I think. I am really into this now.

Yum.

Nov 15th 2006

Half hour drive to Starbucks? We've got them across the street here, on either side of a freeway ramp, so you can enter the parking lot with a right-hand turn no matter how you are approaching the 125. And that's just in my neighborhood! There was one next door to the Rubio's yesterday, in fact--Baby wanted to go in there instead (more grab-ables at his level that he could see through the glass door).

But I don't drink their coffee. My husband is a fan but it upsets my stomach, especially in the morning. I do, however, love their caramel apple cider. Has anyone ever had that? It's sweet enough to last the whole year but it's good.

Nov 15th 2006

As I was driving home from work today, one of the grocery stores I drove by had a sign that said yams were on sale. I couldn't help but laugh and think of The Office! I think it said they were 33 cents/lb. Is that a good buy?

Denise

Nov 15th 2006

KarenM, I had Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider about two hours ago, I love it! I don't drink coffee, so that's about all I get at Starbucks, besides chai.

Nov 15th 2006

There's a Starbucks and a competing cafe called Panera in the town where I work.

The Starbucks is cramped, overpriced and staffed by people I should legally be allowed to punch. The Internet access requires a $30 a month T-Mobile account, and the coffee tastes like, well, Starbucks, which is to say, squirrel urine.

At Panera, the coffee is good and cheap, and the refills are free as is the wifi. And there's about a thousand tables. I spend a lot of time there.

Nov 15th 2006

Brian, Panera is my all time favorite sandwich place, but they don't have them here in Phoenix, which makes me sad. All would be lost except for Chipotle, which they do have here, even if it is a 20 minute drive.

Nov 15th 2006 edited

Brian, Panera is my all time favorite sandwich place, but they don't have them here in Phoenix, which makes me sad.

Brian and CZJ,

You're so cute! I don't mind Panera, but when I bring in my NYC peeps, they HATE it! The service is slow (hi, I'm in the Midwest), and, um, the service is slow.

CZJ, ever been to the Coffee Plantation on Mill Street? I worked there post-grad school, and it is, to this day, the coolest day-job I ever had.

BTW, we had to go to coffee school, where they tought us the myriad ways in which Starbucks sucks. It was an education...

Nov 15th 2006

Yes I have whatevs! It's a good place for study groups. I don't go there a whole lot, due to the ya know, dislike of coffee, but it's still a nice place. (Is it weird that everytime something coincidental happens, It's a Small World starts playing in my head?)

Nov 15th 2006

CZJ, just to make you jealous, tomorrow I may go to one of the 15 Chipotle's within 6 miles of my house. I lived in Tempe about 10 years and remember a great burrito place called Filiberto's. Are they still around?

Nov 15th 2006

my five year old nephew's favorite place to eat is chipotle, but I've never been. Sounds like my kind of place.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...