Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...
  13. 874
  14. >
211 to 240 of 26207
Nov 15th 2006

my five year old nephew's favorite place to eat is chipotle, but I've never been. Sounds like my kind of place.

No fish tacos, though.

Nov 15th 2006

now i really want some french onion soup from panera bread. and one of those ic caramel coffees. well, my parents will be here friday, maybe we'll go to panera :)

(i do like starbucks, though. i only like coffee if it has tons of flavoring and sugar in it.)

Nov 15th 2006

JLJ, they do indeed still have Filiberto's, there's one about two blocks away, as a matter of fact. My love for Chipotle is about an 8 on a scale of 1 to The Office. I tell everyone I know about it, and I've been complaining for three years now that they don't have one on campus. There's room for a new Villa Pizza but no Chipotle? C'mon! Of course, I read an article in my school paper recently that they will indeed be opening a Chipotle very close to campus...next year. God hates me.

Nov 15th 2006

In my neck of the woods, Panera goes by "St. Louis Bread Company".

This actually means next-to-nothing to me, since I never really go there, but people around here wrinkle their noses at the name Panera, so I felt obligated to represent.

Nov 15th 2006

I was so excited when Brandon Webb from my AZ Diamondbacks won the NL Cy Young award yesterday. Before the D-backs franchise came to AZ in '98 I actually hated baseball, but I jumped on in time for the 2001 World Series championship and some lean years since, but the last of that championship team has moved on (Gonzo) and the youth movement is here. Congratulations, Brandon! Oh, and I love my Suns a lot too.

Nov 15th 2006

Congrats to Webb. I was disappointed but not altogether surprised that Carp didn't win...I'm just glad it didn't go to Hoffman (which would have been a travesty).

Nov 15th 2006

Mmmm.... chipotle....

There are about a million variations of the "berto's" taco shop, most of which are open 24 hours around here. Roberto's, Alberto's, Umberto's, Aliberto's, Royberto's... the list goes on and on. It's the perfect thing on your way home from the bars. I am not too sad that there aren't seats--you really don't want to hang around on those corners for very long. Walk up, order, leave, enjoy in the car. I've eaten many a carne asada burrito before getting home.

We have Panera near where I used to work but it was always jam-packed and not worth the hassle of parking. Loved the description of the Starbucks employees above, though!

Nov 15th 2006 edited

To all the Panera lovers! I love the Panera they opened in my town about 2 years ago. Favorite bagel: Cinnamen Crunch, Favorite coffee: IC Caramel (for the summer), hot vanilla chai tea (for winter), Favorite sandwich: Tuna sandwich with everything on it, Favorite bread: Multigrain, Yum...... Great place to study with free wifi. Does it sound like I go there a lot? It's because I study too much...right...

Nov 15th 2006

Okay, since we're still on the Panera-loving theme, I must put in that the Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice is amazing, especially if you have a sourdough roll to dip. And I'm not sure if they still have it, but they used to have a salad during the summer that had strawberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, blueberries, and a sweet poppyseed dressing - it was Deee-lish. But alas, in sad news, I haven't even been to Panera in two years, since I moved from the midwest to sunny Cali. I think the closest one is an hour away.
I do however, have a favorite little lunch spot in town with great salads, and a gourmet grilled cheese that has pepper jack, cheddar, gorgonzola, and avocado. Everytime I get one of those, it pretty much makes my day. If anyone is ever in Ventura, let me know, I'll take you there.

Nov 15th 2006

Stella, it's like we have one mind. I was reading your first sentence, thinking, I should add something about my favorite strawberry salad, when bam, there you go. I love the Sierra Turkey sandwich with chipotle mayo (usually not a fan of mayo, but this is good), red onion, turkey, and lettuce on Asiago cheese bread. Yummy. And of course, strawberry poppyseed salad is my favoritest too. Ok, now I'm hungry.

Nov 16th 2006 edited

My love for Chipotle is about an 8 on a scale of 1 to The Office.

I love that this measuring system is catching on. I'm not saying I"m the first to come up with it, but it was one of the slicker lines I used on my wife when she'd ask me if I thought another woman was attractive. "On a scale of one to you? She barely registers."

Oh, we live in NY and discovered Panera in Virginia. When we got home we found out the closest one was in Jersey, an hour away. We once made it a day trip to go and get french toast bagels. We're quite the jet-setters.

edit: Webb's a worthy Cy winner, but I'm still ticked off that when I went to Philly to see a game over the summer, he was only mediocre and took the loss. I was counting on him to kick some butt, make my night and send 40,000 Philly fans home crying.

Nov 16th 2006

I'm not a big fan of Chipotle. I used to eat there all the time with an ex because she liked it. I didn't, but I still went. Now that she's an ex I don't eat there anymore.

But, today is awesome because Thursdays are my favorite day of the week because I don't work on Fri-Sun...only 8 more hours until freedom! (also some good tv on tonight)

Nov 16th 2006 edited

Mung Beans said,

But, today is awesome because Thursdays are my favorite day of the week because I don't work on Fri-Sun...only 8 more hours until freedom! (also some good tv on tonight)

Today isn't Thursday, it's Friday. But I won't say anything to Mung Beans. MB will be so disappointed to find out he/she missed the most awesome supersized episode ever last night! He'll/she'll find out anyway when he/she gets to work and learns that he/she came in on his/her day off.

Nov 16th 2006

hahahaha OMG Plaid. Seriously for like a fraction of a second, I was like, "wait, what!?" until the comprehending jokes part of my brain caught up with the vision part of my brain. I haven't had a regular schedule of days in a long time, so I really never know what day of the week it is until I put some thought into it, and even though I know it is Thursday, some part of me must not have trusted that. Good one!

Nov 16th 2006

In furthering my hot beverage fascination, today in the fridge I discovered that we have apple cider, whipped cream, and caramel syurp. So you can see where this is going. Yup, I made my own hot cider and sprayed the top with whipped cream and drizzled the top with caramel. It was scrumptious. Especially once I finished the cider and just started eating caramel drizzled onto a teaspoon.

Yum. Again.

Nov 16th 2006

he, shamefully, had to check his clock just to make sure

Nov 16th 2006

There was a promo for the supersized episodes tonight on the radio this morning. Then after that there was a promo for the NBC news station here saying they're doing an investigative report on how true to life The Office really is. I'm staying up late to watch that one! I'll even probably record it and put it up on YouTube.

Denise

Nov 16th 2006

DDKer, I saw you wearing an effin red hat on James' page on myspace.

Nov 16th 2006

ddker, I saw that too. I was like, "hey, that's denise!"

Nov 16th 2006

Especially once I finished the cider and just started eating caramel drizzled onto a teaspoon.

Yum. Again.

I just have to say that this made me LOL. That's my favorite part of a hot drink too- the drizzled caramel in a spoon part.

Nov 16th 2006

Yeah, that was me in Jame's red hat blog. I'm kinda confused by the caption underneath. It says Denise is awes. I think he forgot the ome at the end :)

Denise

Nov 16th 2006

I bet it's a California thing, brought to you by the land that created "hella" and "obvi."

Nov 16th 2006

And "rad."

Nov 16th 2006

("Totes.")

Nov 17th 2006

First off, I must concur that Panera rocks. The strawberry / blueberry etc. salad was also my favorite and I was sorely disappointed to see that it's no longer on the menu. Seasonal smeasonal. I'm in CA! We can get strawberries whenever we please!!!

One another, much more exciting note... yesterday we learned that my husband passed his CHP oral interview!!! That means he has a conditional offer of employment!!! Of course, it's pending background checks, etc., but he's the "cleanest" person I've ever known or heard of, so that shouldn't be a problem. crosses fingers And after that it's a 6 month, live-in, military style academy, but heck... he's one step closer to his dream and I'm one step closer to being a stay-at-home mom again!

Nov 17th 2006

Tonight was Date Night for Mr and Mrs FromtheFuture, and we finally got into this sushi place that has been so crowded every week for the last several months that we couldn't get in. But we lucked out tonight. We ate with my cousin and her boyfriend. The food was fine, we had a couple of beers, and a good time was had by all. Mrs FromtheFuture now sleeps the sleep of a woman who got up at 5 o'clock this morning for work. It's supposed to snow tonight. Tomorrow promises clear skies, crisp weather, and a long, energizing walk. We've hardly seen anything of each other over the last couple of weeks, so it was an excellent night. It was that rare good ending to an irritable day.

Nov 18th 2006

SO Many good things going on right now! I just got back from Stranger Than Fiction, which is a GREAT movie. I also just got back from the IHOP, where the hot chocolate was good. I think going anywhere to eat after midnight automatically makes it more fun. I'm going to go watch BYU play tomorrow, and that is good. I applied for a job that I'm excited about, and that might even work out. Either way, I feel good about applying. Anything else? Oh! My town is getting a Chili's! Only a couple more weeks now. I'm going to be the first one to order an "awesome blossom, extra awesome". They probably won't let me come back, but it'll be worth it. Finally, Thanksgiving is nearly here, and it's time for yams. Family, football, parades and fun, but especially the yams.

Sorry, I'm very excited. WOO!

Also, hooray to everyone so far for their great news. High five!

Nov 18th 2006

I FINALLY got paid for work I did in August. Now I don't have to plunder the baby's savings account!

Nov 18th 2006

Just got back from an amazing show tonight, Death Cab for Cutie and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists at Littlejohn Colisseum(sic) on Clemson Uni. Highlight of my semester, I have to say (if not the non-Office-related highlight of my year).

Ted Leo, I was vaguely aware of (my old Film teacher played some of his stuff when I paid her a visit a few weeks back), they have to be the loudest band in America, and they were great.

DCFC...wow, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the two hours (including an encore, when they finally played Your Heart Is an Empty Room, my favorite on Plans). Just an awesome, incredible experience. They lived up to my expectations and surpassed them.

Now I have to somehow get some sleep tonight...I feel like I could stay up all night just enthusing about it (I have to write about it for a class, so I won't go on further but suffice it to say...a great way to spend a Saturday night)

Nov 19th 2006

It's great to hear that the concert was so incredible ,THPJ! It's cool that you have to write about it for class. It reminds me of my Pop Culture Expository Writing class in freshman year where my first paper was about Seinfeld, second was on punk music, and third was oriental fads in western world. That was pretty much the extent of english class that I had to take in college and I'm very happy about that, because I am NOT a good writer. Needless to say that I have not joined the writing fun that a lot NAers are in.

Anyway, I think my favorite song from Plans was "What Sarah Said". DCFC just has a way of painting a picture with their lyrics.

On a sad note, Rutgers LOST to Cincinnati in what I considered to be a pathetic outing for Rutgers. I guess this belongs in Tirade Tuesday, but man they sucked last night. This ends the 9-0 winning streak and attempt at BCS. Oh well, they had a great run this season and it's such a turn-around for our football program considering they were the laughingstock of Big East for so long. It also puts our school on the map of college football and we'll always remember the Louiseville game :)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...