Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 862
  5. 863
  6. 864
  7. 865
  8. 866
  9. 867
  10. 868
  11. 869
  12. ...
  13. 874
  14. >
25951 to 25980 of 26214
May 31st 2013

re-seated it

What does this mean and how do you do it? For future reference.

May 31st 2013 edited

It's not a sex thing, D.

You've already lost interest, haven't you?

May 31st 2013

What does this mean and how do you do it? For future reference.

I took it out and hooked it up to a SATA to USB adapter to see if it was truly dead, (like the Toshiba people told me it was), and it showed signs of life, so I just put it back into the laptop case, (re-seating it), and all of a sudden, my computer came back to life. I have no idea why, but it was pretty freaking cool. :-D!!! It was pretty much luck.

May 31st 2013

I was actually just interested in it as a tech thing. I assume I'll need this info in the not too distant future when mine dies.

I'm a person of multiple interests, Toosie. I object to your treating me as though I were so one-dimensional.

May 31st 2013

You had me going there.

May 31st 2013

multiple interests

No, man, "boobs" just counts as 1.

May 31st 2013

I'm going to shoot you for real.

May 31st 2013

Ok, we're up to 2 now.

• boobs
  • guns

Are you sure you aren't an American?

May 31st 2013

Ah ha ha ha.

Jun 1st 2013

I used to read Teen People.

You should come back to the magazine, Toos. Lots of good articles and photo montages.

Jun 1st 2013

Actually, I think they quit making it. I read some article about it going under or something and realized then that I read it for most of it's time in print. Like, it started when I was a teenager and I was their target market and totally bought into it all.

Jun 14th 2013

Today my daughter is marching a a Flag Day parade at school and her Brownie Troop has been asked to wear their uniforms. The problem is we couldn't find her Brownie vest, with all the patches and pins she earned this year, ever since her last activity at Build a Bear. We also can't find the Build a Bear box, which is making me think that on the way home the vest went into the box, and somehow the box got thrown out. My daughter gets very upset at things like this, and my wife and I turned the house upside down last night searching for it. I was literally sick to my stomach thinking I had accidentally thrown it out.

This is in the pretzel thread because I found the box and the vest late last night. We had moved a bunch of stuff upstairs last weekend during her First Communion celebration, and the box was thrown in with some other boxes. I was so relieved. Losing her Brownie vest would have been a big deal. We can't replace all those patches and pins. I may have run away from home rather than tell my daughter I had lost it. I'm not even joking about that.

Jun 14th 2013

Yikes. I was also a hard working, sentimental Brownie Scout. You are incredibly lucky to have found it. :-)

Jun 14th 2013

Yup, the patches and pins are the thing. Good thing you found it, dad. You'd have been in deep Brownie doodoo.

Jun 14th 2013

Bah. You can't let your kid run you like that. You shoulda been like "Yeah, I lost it; tough turds, kiddo. Life is full of disappointments."

It's called good parenting.

Jun 14th 2013

You'd have been in deep Brownie doodoo.

This sounds both disgusting and delicious.

Jun 14th 2013

Mostly delicious.

Jun 14th 2013

At least it was just a girl. Imagine if that had been a son's cherished belongings.

Jun 14th 2013

Imagine if that had been a son's

If it had been a son's brownie vest, there would be still lots of deep Brownie doodoo in his future.

Jun 14th 2013

jinx, you could have just asked the nsa where you put it.

Jun 14th 2013

Wait, now we're getting ferd sightings? Nice.

Jun 16th 2013

Last week we had to turn the water off at my grandparents' house (I live with them) because of a leak somewhere in the water line. After spending a couple of days at my sister's so that I could bathe before going to work, I came home yesterday and helped my cousin dig up the yard to locate said leak, which he did. He fixed the line and we now have water turned back on at the casa. Plus, I got to feel manly, all digging up stuff and sweating in the hot sun. My farmer's tan is a little more defined between the part where my shirt ends and my neck begins :-)

Jun 16th 2013

My farmer's tan is a little more defined between the part where my shirt ends and my neck begins

So, you're a redneck?

Jun 16th 2013

So, you're a redneck

I could see where you would think that...so yes, I am (literally if not figuratively. I happen to like black people just fine) ;-p

Jun 16th 2013

They'll be stoked to hear it.

Jun 16th 2013

Does anyone happen to know if they like pizza?

Jun 20th 2013

I have a job interview tomorrow at 4, it's an adminstrative assistant position with Clemson's English dept, I'm anxious about it because (as always when applying for a job) I worry that I might not be qualified or any good at it. But I need something else employment-wise, nothing ever changes at my current place of business except that I realize it's a bit like running in place (you never really get anywhere). At the very least, I have two other applications for jobs with the university in the system, so hopefully I'll get a chance to interview for them as well if this one doesn't pan out.

Jun 20th 2013

The very best of luck to you!

Jun 20th 2013

Well, it appears that you can read and write English, so that's probably a good start.

Jun 20th 2013

Good luck, THPJ.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 862
  5. 863
  6. 864
  7. 865
  8. 866
  9. 867
  10. 868