Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 865
  5. 866
  6. 867
  7. 868
  8. 869
  9. 870
  10. 871
  11. 872
  12. ...
  13. 874
  14. >
26041 to 26070 of 26214
Jul 20th 2013

Yay for new kitties!

Jul 20th 2013

I can't wait for whatevs to post photos of her pussy.

Jul 20th 2013

And now, Jinx ruined it.

Jul 20th 2013 edited

You're just mad 'cause he thought of it first.

Jul 20th 2013

Ummmm, no?

Jul 20th 2013

It was a purrfectly innocent comment.

Aug 10th 2013

A couple months back, or more like a month and a half ago, I had a job interview with the Clemson University English department, where I went in and dazzled them with my witty repartee but ultimately was not hired. During the course of the interview, I discussed with one of the professors there (the main guy in charge of the whole department, actually) Lester Bangs, rock critic and R.E.M. name-checked person in "It's the End of the World As We Know It." The professor had donated his copy of Psychotic Reactions and Carburator Dung to the uni library, so I said I'd look for it after I got out of my interview. The library had no record of such a book, so I emailed the prof about it as well as thanking him and the department for interviewing me. Cue to montage of time passing.

Fade in to this week, when I got an email from the prof saying that he had found a paperback copy of Bangs' book and wanted to give it to me. I met up with him in his office Thursday afternoon, where he not only gave me the book for free but also a brochure about graduate school with the English department. Now, at this time I'm not financially able to really think about it, but perhaps in time for next year's enrollment I could win the lottery or save a Kardashian from drowning and earn a handsome reward or finder's fee. At any rate, it was nice to hear him say that I belonged in grad school (I thought I had just been a rambling mess during the interview, truth be told). So I have a free Lester Bangs book and maybe a lifeline to a better future than that of a low-level employee at a shitty job. :-)

Aug 10th 2013

Maybe there's some other job you could take with the university, whereby you might receive free tuition as a benefit. It's a pretty standard benefit, and I bet there are openings doing something you could tolerate while pursuing something you could actually love. I worked in my grad school's PR/publications office for free in exchange for full tuition. Thanks to that opportunity I've been able to spend the last five years doing what I can barely tolerate, a hearbeat from being laid off entirely. Ok, so bad example. Still, the prof sought you out. Maybe you should try to find a way to make it happen.

Aug 28th 2013

ESPN College Gameday is setting up to broadcast the Georgia/Clemson game (being played in Clemson), and I saw some of their production trucks setting up in the big field at the front of the university this afternoon while I was taking trash across the street. So over the next couple of days, keep your eyes peeled for a dashingly handsome man with glasses who may wander into the frame while one or more of the experts says something that will probably be false come game time (they're usually wrong about everything).

Aug 29th 2013

Clemson

Never heard of it.

Aug 29th 2013

It's about time.

Aug 29th 2013

Clemson

Go Gamecocks!

Aug 29th 2013

Don't say Gamecocks.

Aug 29th 2013 edited

Shouldn't that have a space in the mid dle?

Speaking of Pretzels, I put my older son on a plane to NYC yesterday to seek his fortune (and go to grad school). His first email back was of the view from his room. He lucked out and got a corner room on the 12th floor, and there's a whole "L" of windows. I'm jealous.

Aug 29th 2013

Go Gamecocks!

Boo! Hiss! I hope Clowney gets injured in the one place it'll really hurt him...his mouth.

Sep 11th 2013

I made a pretty good joke at work today, someone was talking about the new Two Chainz song and I said "I liked him better when he was still One Chainz". Hey, it made me laugh ;-)

Sep 26th 2013

I am one hundred dollars shy of paying off my car loan (which I will take care of promptly tomorrow after work, when I go to deposit my paycheck and take a hundred out for the loan payment). I am so very glad to be out from under this financial burden (though I fully expect one or more may come along to take its place, I'll be happy nonetheless when this thing is took care of).

Sep 26th 2013

Do not wreck it.

I'm glad it's (almost) paid off. :-)

Sep 26th 2013

That's wonderful, T-HPJ. I remember when I made my last car payment--it was a great feeling. I just had to put about $1000.00 into it, but it's 10 years old, and this is the first real money I've put into it, so I'm okay with that.

Sep 26th 2013

That's a great feeling, T-HPJ. Congratulations! I've very much enjoyed not making car payments for the last year. I couldn't tell you where that money has gone since then, but at least it's not going to Chrysler!

Sep 27th 2013

but at least it's not going to Chrysler!

Why do you hate America?

Sep 27th 2013

I'm not sure that's America. I realized yesterday I spend about $140 a week on gas. Now who hates America?

Sep 27th 2013

I couldn't tell you where that money has gone since then

I wish that I didn't like MISS so much, because I could have a lot of good comments right here.

Sep 27th 2013

I'm betting on "The Avett Brothers."

Sep 27th 2013

Now who hates America?

I'm betting on "The Avett Brothers."

Exactly.

Sep 27th 2013

I hope that's just for concert tickets.

Sep 27th 2013

If she's gotten other services... Well, I'd be jealous.

Sep 27th 2013

I hate America the band, though "Horse with No Name" is catchy...dammit!

Oct 4th 2013

Today is the day I paid off my car loan, turns out I still owed about 100 dollars. Celebrate good times, come on! :-)

Oct 10th 2013

Yesterday was my birthday (34), my how time flies. Had a good day, even if I had to spend it at work...which leads to my next pretzel: after putting in four hours Saturday and about an hour and a half over Tuesday, I worked almost fifty hours this week. Yes, the gov't will take a lot out in taxes, but it should still be a decent check. Plus, I don't have to automatically hand any of it over for my car loan.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 865
  5. 866
  6. 867
  7. 868
  8. 869
  9. 870
  10. 871
  11. 872
  12. ...