Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872
  11. 873
  12. 874
  13. >
26071 to 26100 of 26214
Oct 10th 2013

Isn't it great having no car payment? Best birthday present ever, amirite? Happy Birthday, T-HPJ.

Oct 10th 2013 edited

In six months we'll drop a car payment and the last of my wife 's student loans. Of course that'll save us in a month about what we pay for daycare in a week. Win-lose. Not ideal.

Oct 11th 2013

Yes, the gov't will take a lot out in taxes

Sounds like they are not shut down enough!

I just refinanced the mortgage and consolidated some loans, but I think all the money I saved from that will soon go to buy my wife a new(er) car.

Oct 11th 2013

Women. Gas ain't free!

Oct 12th 2013

Got my car title in the mail yesterday, along with a check for what I overspent on my last car loan payment ( a whopping $1.97). I'm thinking about having both framed :-)

Oct 19th 2013

I volunteered to work today, for a little bit. Downtown was crazy because of the ESPN College Gameday crew, but at lunch I looked up and noticed on the TV monitor that Bill Murray was sitting down talking to the guys on that show. Yes, Bill Freaking Murray was in Clemson, South Carolina. God, I wish I could've gotten close enough to get an autograph, but still, that's Bill Freaking Murray in my neck of the woods. Bill Freaking Murray...

Nov 1st 2013

Had a very nice Halloween. We drove to our village, parked at the American Legion, and then walked around. Houses in the village of Palmyra were really getting into it, some people had their garages decked out as haunted houses, with fog pouring out and people jumping out at you. One house with a big porch had a guy strapped to a gurney and a giant (cardboard) axe swinging over him and cutting into his flesh. It was awesome. We ran into some friends of our daughter, and walked with them. The guy at the funeral home was handing out giant size candy bars. Then we got back to the American Legion, where they were having a party in the basement with doughnuts and cider. It was like a little slice of Americana, or a Norman Rockwell painting. These are the kinds of days that are like little decorations in your life that you will remember years later.

Nov 1st 2013

These are the kinds of days that are like little decorations in your life that you will remember years later.

Oh, that makes me so happy. I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween!

Nov 1st 2013

I Googled Palmyra out of curiosity. How's the civil war going?

Nov 1st 2013

I live in Macedon but have a Palmyra mailing address. Nearby are the towns of Egypt and Greece and Chili. Yes...the pioneers around here had a difficult time coming up with original names.

Nov 1st 2013

I live in a town that's named for the town next door, only with the word "East" in front of it. That's a stupid way to name a place. But thanks to the Postal Service, which named the predominant ZIP code for the hamlet where the post office exists, Hopewell Junction, most everybody uses that name, even though it was taken from the name of a railroad depot that has been out of use for decades. I propose dropping the Junction and renaming the town Hopewell. It's pretty and concise and doesn't take after a neighboring town. Do you think six months is too soon to tell people what their town should be called?

Nov 1st 2013

We have a Hopewell in the next county, which is where my mother grew up. So we already have that name. No copying.

Nov 1st 2013

I haven't heard of a Hopewell before. It's unbearably charming.

Nov 1st 2013

We also have a Middlesex, which is not so charming.

Nov 1st 2013

You're right, that sounds boring.

Nov 1st 2013

We've got Climax. I'm just sayin'.

Nov 2nd 2013

Middlesex sounds indecisive. Climax sounds like the municipal mattress.

Nov 2nd 2013

Does anyone know where I can find Intercourse? Oh, Pennsylvania...is that in the Dutch Country?

Nov 5th 2013

Had a very nice Halloween.

We did too. Since a lot of my friends here live out in the country, I decided to throw a Halloween party this year. My house is on one of the more popular blocks in town for trick-or-treating, so I get around 300 kids.

About 15 people showed up, ranging in age from 15 months (my best friend's kiddo) to folks in their 70's (my parents, my best friend's parents, etc.)

I went as Grumpy Cat. I ordered a felt Grumpy Cat mask from Etsy, and got a foam board from the grocery store. I cut out the middle to create a frame, and used the "Found Nemo...Delicious" caption because I think that's the funniest one.

The hardest part was frowning all night, and the felt mask made my nose itch. Other than that, good times!

Nov 8th 2013

These are the kinds of days that are like little decorations in your life that you will remember years later.

Yes, they are. Well put. Glad you had a great day.

Jan 2nd 2014

I got a Christmas bonus check at the start of my nine (nine!) days off from the working place last week, which came in handy with spending on myself after Christmas (nothing more than a few meals and some secondhand books here and there, plus a couple of used CDs). Well, today when I came into work, there was another check waiting for me which was pretty nice amount-wise. Makes me feel better both about the spending I did over the nine-day (nine days!) break and also because I just sent off my student-loan payment for the month yesterday.

Not a bad start to the year...:-)

Jan 7th 2014

Time for the online Jeopardy tests again! I'm registered to take it tonight at seven, already anxious about how I'll do and hoping I get another chance to try out for the show this year (not to mention get on the show). Fingers crossed, but I gotta do good on the online test first

Jan 7th 2014

I hope it goes well!! I guess you're in the middle of it right now?

Jan 7th 2014

How'd it go, T-HPJ?

Jan 7th 2014

I'm up Thursday. Hope it went well. Send me the answers.

Jan 8th 2014

You guys are going to be on a TV show? Who will watch your TV while you're gone?

Jan 8th 2014

Since I can't seem to get my kids to move out, I have a feeling my TV will be well watched.

Jan 8th 2014

I think I did pretty good, there were a few I blanked on and a couple I guessed at but overall I'm pleased. If I get invited to the tryout, that would be awesome, but the first time around was so unexpected I don't even want to take it for granted that I might get to go back.

Jan 16th 2014

Registered for a GRE test yesterday, the test date is the 29th and after I take that it's off to applying for grad school for the fall of this year.

Jan 16th 2014

Good luck!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872