Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872
  11. 873
  12. 874
  13. >
26161 to 26190 of 26207
Apr 1st 2014

It is a VERY nice day here in upstate NY, it is sunny and will reach 60 degrees F. There is still a lot of snow on the ground from Sunday, but this should all be melting soon.

It was practically Spring here today. Almost.

There would be stupid amounts of Heads Up Seven Up going on, I'm telling you.

Ah...(weird nostalgia backslap) I don't think I ever really liked that game.

Apr 1st 2014

Do other places actually do this? That's insane

In our state there is a mandate about the number of school days that have to occur.

Apr 2nd 2014

Here too, but the local districts have gotten much better about padding the calendar and swapping around conference days. One downside is that school starts in August next year and the current year goes to June 26. I can't stand to think about winter anymore. It just got intolerable after a while.

Apr 4th 2014

You know what sucks? When you're snowed in--can't even get out of your driveway, and can't go to work...then some dude you work with who has a 4 wheel drive truck decides to be a hero and comes by your house to pick you up. So you get to work, and only 4 other people have made it in. That sucks. At the same time, it was kind of cool.

Apr 4th 2014

some dude you work with who has a 4 wheel drive truck decides to be a hero and comes by your house to pick you up

Sexy.

Apr 4th 2014

I don't know. I think you should punch that guy for meddling.

Apr 4th 2014

Downstairs?

Apr 5th 2014

I don't know. I think you should punch that guy for meddling.

Downstairs?

Yes and yes.

Apr 5th 2014

In the boxal region.

Apr 5th 2014 edited

Yes.

(I laughed out loud at "boxal".)

Apr 6th 2014

I hoped it would translate.

Jul 1st 2014

Happy Canada Day, Daoust!

Jul 1st 2014

Canada? Is that even a real country? ;-)

Jul 2nd 2014

It is a region of Upper New York, I believe, but not a governmental entity.

Jul 2nd 2014

How come no one ever wants to build a wall along our border with Canada? Is it because they're just too polite to be mad at?

Aug 25th 2014

My craft show on Sunday was awesome. I woke up and they were calling for a 40% chance of rain, so I really, really hoped it would be cancelled. But it wasn't. So I went, and I saw SO many people that I knew, and I met SO many new people that I got to chat with. AND I made money. $61. $56, after you take out the money it cost to reserve the space. I was so pumped. It really gave me the shot in the arm I needed, not to mention a little cash. I got a card reader and a tent and Kate and I had a great day. I am so glad I went.

Aug 26th 2014

That's so great, LT! It's just going to get better and better from here.

Aug 26th 2014

That's really cool. What kind of items do you sell the most of?

Aug 26th 2014

Also, what is the link to your etsy store?

Aug 26th 2014

Thanks! Here is my Etsy store. I've been selling mostly headbands, hairbows, and tissue holders so far, with a couple pieces of embroidery. In my online store I've sold several tic-tac-toe boards (because they can be personalized, make good gifts for kids, etc.). The best part of Sunday was that it gave me a confidence boost and a taste of success, which is really good right now. Summer is done, the kids are back in school, and reality has set in that I need to get this ball rolling.

Aug 26th 2014

Grad school is going well so far (only into the second week, so). I've got classes Monday through Wednesday, all in the later afternoon (which means I'm on campus til about eight those nights), my assistanship is helping set up the college's literary festival (I am excited and nervous about that). I haven't worked out what my hours will be as far as working on that (the professor I'm working with on it said I probably wouldn't be working more than ten hours a week, and I got my student loan refund check so I'm okay with the small amount of hours). It's all very exciting and terrifying and everything all at the same time.

Aug 26th 2014

That's awesome. I went back to grad school and stumbled into an assistantship that got me involved with lots of cool stuff on campus (along with some horrid stuff that made the worst of jobs that followed seem like a picnic).

Aug 26th 2014

That's the upside of going through horrid stuff: it makes things that come afterward that might otherwise be classified as "horrid" fall into the "not so bad because I know it could be worse" category. Of course, that's all in retrospect, so going through the horrid stuff is no less horrid, but it usually leads to better things.

Aug 26th 2014

so going through the horrid stuff

Like taking your mom out on a first date?

but it usually leads to better things

Like plowing your mom.

Aug 26th 2014

Exactly what Jinx said. I think.

Aug 28th 2014

LT, I got a "sponsored link" to Not My Tree on Facebook the other day. Are you paying to promote Facebook posts? My wife does this. Apparently, a post will only go to so many people, unless you pay to "promote" it.

Aug 28th 2014

I tried it yesterday for the fist time. I set a $5 budget for the day and this morning it let me know that my ad reached about 450 people. I didn't see any direct sales from it, but I did see an increase in views in my shop, so it may translate into sales later. I'm looking into various forms of marketing, and I do believe that's an effective one.

Aug 28th 2014

I run a company account with 24,000 followers. I built it up from 6,500 two years ago. If I'm lucky, a given post will reach a third to half of them. We all may need to get together and rethink this Facebook thing.

Aug 29th 2014

We have close to 20K followers, so Bri wins. It sucks that you have to pay to reach more people, but I guess that's how FB makes money. It does work...when we promote a post, we see a jump in traffic.

That's why we have a blog. Usually she will post quick tips or articles on FB, and more extensive articles and posts on the blog, where there is no limit to how many people can see it. LT, I know you resurrected your blog...but I can see you doing crafty type blogs on there. People like to see projects from start to finish. You get two kinds of people...those that want to do it themselves, and those that want to buy what you make. Then you figure out how to sell to the crafters, and sell to them online as well as selling finished goods. Are there sewing kits? Special thread?

We also purchase Google Adwords. These are the ads that show up alongside Google search results. If you Google "chalk paint", you will likely see us. There are 4 others that pay for ads too, and they actually show up higher in the list. That's how we know what they are spending (more than us), and we also figure that they must be selling enough to make the ads worthwhile.

Aug 29th 2014

I have several start-to-finish tutorials on my blog. They are time-consuming to do, between the pictures and the writing and, of course, the project itself, but I do like doing them. I think they remind me of the good parts of teaching and instructing someone how to complete a project. I have a few more projects that I haven't written up yet but plan to put on there (a skirt, recovering and painting chairs). They definitely drive traffic to my blog and I get many nice and sincere comments when I post them, so I know they're being read.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872
  11. 873
  12. 874