Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Well I like Pretzel Day: nice things going on
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872
  11. 873
  12. 874
  13. >
26191 to 26207 of 26207
Sep 17th 2014

I have to say, of the classes I'm taking right now, the one that I dreaded but the one that I enjoy the most is my fiction-writing class. I was nervous as hell when I submitted my story, and I was pleasantly surprised first off that my peers in the class liked it (there are some issues with the story, which I hope to revisit when I re-write it), but it got me feeling the fiction-writing vibe again. Right now, I'm thinking that, for my thesis my graduating year, I might just do a collection of short stories. I reserve the right to change my mind, of course, but right now that's in the lead.

Sep 30th 2016

Nothing nice has happened to anyone since 2014!

Sep 30th 2016 edited

Thank you so much for digging up this thread!

Nice things that I have:

1) I am still married to a lovely man, despite all the tough stuff we've been through for the past five years.

2) I have two healthy intelligent funny beautiful boys, one of whom just became a teenager(!!!) this year.

3) I am still alive.

Okay, your turn. Three nice things about right now for you:

Sep 30th 2016

I am still alive.

I don't drink as much as I used to.

I have an agent who keeps telling me that one of these days my novel is going to come out, though I was already writing it long before this forum went dormant, so who knows.

Sep 30th 2016 edited

1) I finally found Mr. Bubble!

2) Bubble Boy is 20 and I never hurt him, killed him or went to jail!

3) I quit my Soulsucking Department Store job and now I'm a nanny to two toddlers, which means that I get to work independently, in charge of a small group of people who act like children because they are actual children, I wear leggings every day and no bra, and get to take two naps.

Sep 30th 2016

I have an agent who keeps telling me that one of these days my novel is going to come out, though I was already writing it long before this forum went dormant, so who knows.

You are the boss of bravery and patience and stubborn persistence. I will buy a copy just because I admire you for all of those things so much.

Sep 30th 2016

3) I quit my Soulsucking Department Store job and now I'm a nanny to two toddlers, which means that I get to work independently, in charge of a small group of people who act like children because they are actual children, I wear leggings every day and no bra, and get to take two naps.

Also YAY!

Feb 25th 2017

1) I started my first D&D game with my sisters and in-laws last night and it was a blast. I thought I might vaguely enjoy myself because I'm into board games and I'm also into playing other people, but it was really a good time.

2) Mr. A has been working a very challenging, very difficult, low-paying, no-insurance-providing job for a couple of years now. In particular, his boss is an asshole on top of all of the work, but he's had to stay put while I finish my degree - which is taking me a year and a half longer than I thought because I had another flare-up of my Crohn's Disease in the meantime. Anyway, he's been pretty low about having to plod out this job day in and day out. Good news: A job posting that seems written FOR him was sent to us by a friend with an in and they haven't even posted it yet, so we might be able to get a package together and be the first folks to submit! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!

3) My children are older now, and while I miss there little beautiful faces, I love the big, grown-up ones that are showing up now. We have played so many board games, just the three of us, this week. I truly enjoy hanging out with them. Life is good.

Feb 25th 2017

I'm glad to hear about the job thing. There are few things that can grind you down and screw up your whole life as much as a really shitty job, especially if your boss is a dick. Which I guess was the main insight of the show that brought us all together.

Anyway. Next week my agent is taking my novel to the London Book Fair, in search of a publisher. That's so awesome I don't even know how to process it.

I have two ideas for other books that I want to write. They're both good but I can't pick.

What else? I'm going to spring training in a few weeks. That's gonna be great, especially after a long, dark winter here in Portland.

Feb 25th 2017 edited

This

That's so awesome I don't even know how to process it.

makes me feel like this:

.!

for you.

Seriously joyful. What a fantastic, amazing thing to be proud of.

et figure out how to post pictures in markup again...dangit

Feb 25th 2017

I can never remember that.

Feb 25th 2017

I'm going to spring training in a few weeks.

What does this mean? Like getting prepared to play baseball or something? I assume it's probably about running because you awesomely do that kind of thing, too.

P.S. Did you see lemoƱade and hubby's recent 10K pictures? I admire all of you so.

Feb 25th 2017

It's major league baseball practice, basically. It's in Arizona, where it's sunny and warm.

Feb 25th 2017 edited

Woah! Awesome. So you can go do spring training even if you aren't on a major league team?

edited because I had a conundrum: I wanted to type "a ML team", but that seemed wrong when you pronounce it "a em el team", but then if I changed it to an ML team, if you read it "an major league team" it also sounded wrong.

Feb 25th 2017

They play exhibition games with cheap tickets in suburbs around Phoenix. So I'm gonna watch a bunch of those.

Feb 25th 2017

Ah! Watching. I'm sorry I'm so obtuse. That should be fun. Baseball is one of the few sports I truly enjoy watching.

Feb 25th 2017

Mostly spring training games are an excuse to sit in the sun and drink beer while yelling things at your favorite players. At least that's how I've always thought of them.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 866
  5. 867
  6. 868
  7. 869
  8. 870
  9. 871
  10. 872
  11. 873
  12. 874