Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.06 Diwali
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 201 of 201
Nov 7th 2006

p.s. I should also mention that I loved Ryan's Xbox line b/c it was so telling of his character. That little comment explained so much about how he's still relatively young and inexperienced and not as mature as he wants to seem. No wonder Kelly scares him to death.

Nov 7th 2006

fabreeeeze...heh. I think it was Jim's first ride to work. Next time he'll wear biking attire, not like that stud Josh, but something comfy he can change out of. If he still has a bike, that is.

And I agree with the line of thinking that Ryan was playing the folks here... he looked far to delighted about mentioning the Xbox. I don't think he was anticipating shooting aliens but getting help killing the relationship.

Nov 8th 2006

I don't think he was anticipating shooting aliens but getting help killing the relationship.

Yeah I thought the same. He's no idiot; he knew that would upset the parents.

Nov 8th 2006 edited

And I agree with the line of thinking that Ryan was playing the folks here... he looked far to delighted about mentioning the Xbox. I don't think he was anticipating shooting aliens but getting help killing the relationship.

My thoughts exactly.

My son did the same thing with the parents of the first girl he ever dated (they went to the Prom.) They lived about a 2 hours drive away. We invited them to dinner. Right at the dinner table, her father asks my son, "so what are you planning to do when you get out of high school?" My son replied, "Stay home, play Nintendo."

I couldn't believe he did something like that. If he didn't like her, he should have just told us not to invite them over.

My other son did something similar. When asked by a church leader what his goals/interests were for the future, my son replied, "Drugs, sex, rock and roll."

I didn't raise them that way. Really, I didn't. But, they knew what it takes to get someone off your back. I'm sure Ryan had the same intentions.

Nov 8th 2006

Great new deleted scene with Kelly explaining Diwali to Michael who then tries to explain it to Jan...good stuff!! Jan really changes her tune when she knows Kelly is listening to the conversation!

Nov 9th 2006

This episode had the greatest Michael Scott-makes-me-cringe moment of the series so far.

Carole: Are you okay? Michael: I'm going to be.

Then the proposal. At that exact moment when he started to go up and grab the mic I was cussing like a sailor and shouting, "Don't do it, Michael!"

In the words of Hank Venture, "My butt won't stop making a fist."

I'm going to refrain from the JAM analysis. I'm sure many of you will thank me for that. But I had a bit of a panic situation. Most people thought it was funny when Jim fell off his bike. I laughed at first, but then was filled with a crippling fear that maybe he broke his cell phone and will never get Pam's text message. I'm trying to not be a crazy JAM-ophile. I'm failing.

Nov 10th 2006

Does anyone know the music that was used in this episode?? I really like it and I would have no idea where to start to look for it. Thanks to anyone who knows!

Nov 10th 2006

According to John the prop guy's myspace:

Jim's phone did not fall into the bushes in Diwali. He missed Pam's call because he fell asleep.

Sep 5th 2007

So far in watching the DVD, this eppy has the best overall deleted scenes. Dwangela-rific.

Sep 5th 2007

Wow, we really haven't talked about "Diwali" since last November? Trippy.

Sep 5th 2007

My favorite Dwangela deleted scene was the whole The stores are closed. Can I come to your house to get some Pepto?

Sep 5th 2007

You going to have sex on Diwali? that ranks second only to: "It's you Diwali...(waves hands)...religious thing." Classic!

Also hilarious...

Carol knowing all about Ryan...Jan turning things around on Michael over the phone...Dwight playing Star Wars and Angela talking about if the party was at the depths of hell

Nov 25th 2008

Well, I find myself with about twenty minutes to kill before my company arrives. I should be doing something other than posting on NA, so I will post only this link, from a current favorite blog of mine.

Nov 25th 2008 edited

I think Dwight looked really cool in his Indian garb. The first time we saw that
episode, my friend Chelsea said, "Oh my God! Dwight is hot!" Does anyone
know what you'd call his outfit? Was that a dhoti?

Nov 25th 2008

Very hot! I loved that Dwight was completely self confident and not at all self conscious about wearing full Indian garb to the party.

Nov 25th 2008

And how would you describe the colors of Dwight's garland, beet red
and mustard yellow?

Nov 25th 2008

beet red and mustard yellow?

Well, of course. Are there any others?

Nov 25th 2008 edited

mustard yellow?

Dijon or spicy brown?

He missed Pam's call because he fell asleep.

That is not how text messages work. And why was Pam so disappointed he didn't text her right back? Sometimes people actually put their phones down and don't answer them for an extended period of time. Stupid S3 contrivances.

Nov 26th 2008

Perhaps it was actually forehead dot red and curry yellow.

Oct 7th 2009

i was dying when Carol goes to the Diwali thing with Michael as a slutty cheerleader and when Kelly's sisters are talking about Ryan in Indian and all he heard was something about Zach Braff, that was funny too but BJ looks nothing like Zach Braff lol

Oct 7th 2009

LOL again. Hmm.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 201 of 201