Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Threat Level Midnight: Northern Attackers write novels
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. >
331 to 342 of 342
Jul 1st 2013

Hey! Alright! That's great!

Jul 1st 2013

It's funny. I've always had this idea that all my characters lived in the same universe, and that I intended to build a fictional city based on the town where I'm living for the summer. For years, that seemed like a faroff and faintly unreal possibility. Now, with the publication of this story, there will be four stories in circulation in which this town exists, two that take place here explicitly. It's like I have dreams and then they come true years later.

Jul 1st 2013

So, should we call you FaulknerfromtheFuture? And congratulations.

Jul 1st 2013

Congrats, DftF!

It's like I have dreams and then they come true years later.

Careful...sounds like a romantic comedy.

Jul 1st 2013

So, should we call you FaulknerfromtheFuture? And congratulations.

Are you comparing him to Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents?

Jul 2nd 2013

That is such exciting news, DftF! Heartfelt congratulations!!

Jul 3rd 2013 edited

Yay, DftF! You are bad-@$$!

Jul 8th 2013 edited

So, I'm currently writing a story with the following elements:

1. Takes place in 1987-88.
  2. Is about early computer hackers.
  3. Is based in part on the Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion Incident I was talking about earlier.
  4. Main character is bullied by older kids of a different ethnic group than himself (he's Jewish American, they're Vietnamese American).
  5. Main character's older brother begins to exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia.

These all feel thematically related, but I have no way of tying them together in the plot. I'm hoping I'll figure it out.

Jul 9th 2013

Ahh, you just answered a question I posted in another thread.

Make the computer say "The only way to win...is not to play." Then we'll all learn a lesson about world peace and how to not nuke each other.

Jul 10th 2013

So the schizophrenic brother is also a computer genius and decides to hack the kids who are bullying his brother, only to find out that their parents are actually war criminals from the VIetnam war. He exposes them and since they are also connected to the mob, the schizophrenic brother has to move to the aforementioned town to live in the witness protection program.

He's paranoid, but they really are out to get him. A nightmare subject for the witness protection folks.

Jul 10th 2013

Then we'll all learn a lesson about world peace and how to not nuke each other.

And how stupid tic-tac-toe is.

Jul 10th 2013

Battleship would've provided the better lesson. Or Happy Days: The Board Game.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12