Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.07 Branch Closing
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >
1 to 30 of 375
Nov 8th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 7
  • First aired on November 9, 2006
  • Written by Michael Schur
  • Directed by Tucker Gates

Show me that farm. With Phyllises and Kevins sprouting up all over the place. Ripe for the plucking. Show me that farm.

Nov 8th 2006

Jenna says this is the BEST EPISODE they've ever done...

Nov 8th 2006 edited

Has anybody seen the preview for this episode on TVGuide.com. It looks hysterical!

Nov 8th 2006

Doesn't it, though? I can't wait!!!!

Nov 8th 2006

The preview from TVGuide.com is awesome. Oh, Stanley...

Does this mean we will lose the old Scranton branch set?

Nov 8th 2006

I can't wait till tomorrow! I stay away from the video clips. It's hard but I like to see the episode all at one time. I'm glad you all like what you've seen so far. Good news!

Nov 8th 2006

I saw the clip, and LOVE Jim's "Future Dwight" faxing! What a great idea!

Too bad it's just a prank - wouldn't it be cool to really be able to send faxes to your past self?

But if you did, and your past self took your advice, would your current self cease to exist?

Whoa - brain meltdown!! Get me some coffee, quick!

Nov 8th 2006 edited

stoogeswoman, there's been a discussion around here recently about the preview clips...some of us prefer not to have the jokes given away. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you edited out the specifics of the clip you saw. No big deal.

This brings up another question: what's fair game within the episode thread before it airs? Do the same rules apply, or should non-spoilerers keep out and let others discuss previews and such?

Nov 8th 2006

This brings up another question: what's fair game within the episode thread before it airs? Do the same rules apply, or should non-spoilerers keep out and let others discuss previews and such?

Nathan,

Based on the reactions by some folk of even mild spoilers, I'd have to say the rules still apply. I, for one, DO visit the spoiler thread, but I totally respect those who want to be suprised.

And, Stoogeswoman, don't feel bad. I've been posting for a while now, and almost wrote a spoiler-ish Haiku in the Haiku thread, and was this close to posting when I realized what I'd done. It's a fine line, sometimes...

Nov 8th 2006

Personally, I say future episde = talk about that future episode is allowed inside that thread. After all, if you don't want to know about Branch Closing yet, then don't go to the thread. I know some people may feel differently, but that's just one post-it thief's opinion. It is a very fine line, one which I have crossed more than I should have! On a more episode related note, I might have to miss the actual episode, so I am so grateful for the extended cut. Thank you NBC!

Nov 8th 2006

Yeah, I'm thinking that this is a sensible policy myself. The no-clip pre-episode buzz can go to Speculation. Very well. I'll stay out till tomorrow.

Nov 8th 2006

I'm very excited about the extended cut, too. I felt like Diwali was exceedingly cramped. Something as important as this, though -- I'm so glad to have breathing room.

Nov 8th 2006

As someone who hates spoilers, I have to agree with Post It Thief. I have already learned the details of this ep, so that's the only reason I came here. Never been to the thread before watching the ep because I just assumed spoilers would be posted here.
I'm still not watching any clips, though!!

Nov 8th 2006

Question: any of you planning to skip the initial airing itself to watch the extended cut? Yes I know watching it on TV isn't the same as on the internet, but the way I see it, why watch the bowlderized version in the first place when you have the full version available hours later?

Nov 8th 2006

Oh, is that what it is? I wasn't sure what a producers cut was and nobody that I asked seem to know either. Are you sure that it is an extended version? I'm wondering, will it stay on the website if I can't get to it until 10:00 pm or so? Anybody know?

Nov 8th 2006

I have another question. Does anybody know how to burn the producers cut onto a DVD so I can watch it on my big TV?

Nov 8th 2006

I'm guessing it's like a director's cut -- essentially it's what they wish they could show everyone if it didn't have to be a marketable length with commercials easily inserted. I'm sure it'll be longer than usual. They never complain about not having enough good footage to make up the show!

I don't know how long it'll be -- anyone know?

Nov 8th 2006

Over on OT they're saying that its supposed to be up on the internet for a week so no problem if you can't get to it right away. I'll probably skip the regular broadcast version and just wait for the extended one, unless I get too impatient. Its hard enough just to stay away from the yahoo previews!

Nov 9th 2006

It would be extra-awesome if iTunes posted the producer's cut instead of the broadcasted cut for us Season Passers...

But it seems unfathomable to skip the initial airing for the webcast of it. You Heathens! ;)

Nov 9th 2006

I'm worried that the producer's cut will be in a tiny box, like the deleted scenes thay put up. Deleted scenes are one thing, but I don't want to watch a whole episiode that way. Is it too much to hope that it will be a decent resolution?

Nov 9th 2006

I don't think I could skip the initial broadcast. I'm too impatient and spent too much money on my TV not to appreciate the Office in all of it's 50" HDTV glory. Plus, when I watch the extended version I'll have a few more surprises; it's an episode that comes bonus gifts. Some of you are acting like you don't watch every episode 10 times anyway (or is that just me?).

Nov 9th 2006 edited

I have another question. Does anybody know how to burn the producers cut onto a DVD so I can watch it on my big TV?

Bumping my question again. Does anyone know how to do it? (TWSS)
If the extended version comes to ITunes, I'll be able to watch it on the large screen, but I doubt that will happen.

I have Windows Media Center on my computer. There should be a way, unless it's copyright protected.

Nov 9th 2006

chase that feeling and this gal- I'm with you. At 8:30 tonight, I could not purposely be doing anything other than watching the episode. I don't know how West coasters stand it knowing we're watching the episode 3 hours before they can... glad I'm on the East coast.

Nov 9th 2006 edited

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anyone's enjoyment of the episode! This Gal asked if others had seen the preview clip so I assumed others would have viewed it and been aware of the joke. I will just fade out now and leave you to enjoy the episode.

(And by the way, This Gal, you are definitely not the only one who watches every episode at least 10 times! In fact, I still go back and rewatch episodes from Seasons One and Two!) :-)

Nov 9th 2006

This gal I am sooo with you. When my husband first wanted HDTV and a big tv I didn't really see the importance of it. Boy was I wrong---it's freakin' awesome.
It's so big and lifelike (had to say that so I could say: TWSS!!!)

Nov 9th 2006

Right on flonkkerton. My husband got it for football, which I must admit looks pretty incredible. But it's amazing how much more you can see (i.e. Michael Scott's certificate of being a "proud owner of a quality Seyko timepiece").

Nov 9th 2006

ThisGal and Flonkkerton,

I'm jealous. I basically have Michael's TV (a 13" flat screen, and, no, it's not in my bedroom).

I used to watch the show while sitting on my couch, like a normal person. But, ever since I started reading these posts, re-watching shows, and realizing how much stuff was going on in the background, I now watch the show while sitting on the floor, cross-legged, three feet away from the TV.

So, basically, I watch the show the same way a 3-year-old watches cartoons. It's pathetic.

Nov 9th 2006

So, basically, I watch the show the same way a 3-year-old watches cartoons. It's pathetic.

I'm reading your post thinking to myself, "just like a little kid watches Saturday morning TV," and then I read that last line. My legs fall asleep when I sit Indian-style.

Nov 9th 2006

Brian,

What a coincidence! I am sitting cross-legged at my computer reading your post, when I realize...my foot is asleep. I just have a thing for sitting that way; I even sit that way in restaurants. Not great etiquette, but comfy! (This should probably go in the "Quirks" post...)

Nov 9th 2006

I'm sitting on my foot right now. It's like we're cosmically attached. Or just two people with free time in the afternoon and bad posture. One or the other.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >