Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.07 Branch Closing
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. >
361 to 375 of 375
Oct 4th 2010

I stupidly let my passport expire a few years ago and now I am paralyzed with fear that I'll need to flee the country without it.

Did you ever get your passport renewed, Karen? Did you ever find out what the hold up was, gb?

Oct 4th 2010

Funny this pops up now.

No, I never did get the passport renewed. And now I was just going to look up passport information for the whole family, because we are going to visit my brother for Thanksgiving in Washington State, and we might find ourselves wanting to take a ferry ride to some island, which requires passports now. My mother found out all about that in line at some Las Vegas buffet last week, when she got to talking about someone who didn't have her passport and so she and her friends couldn't take the ferry ride to that island because of Canada.

Oct 4th 2010

That seems weird. Are there American islands very close to Canadian islands? Why aren't they all just American islands?

Oct 4th 2010

Did you ever find out what the hold up was, gb?

No, but I got a new passport. Thank you for asking. No one ever asks.

Oct 4th 2010

Why aren't they all just American islands?

I know, right? It's not even like it would be that difficult to invade them.

Oct 4th 2010

my mom's mom was born in Tipperary, even though she left 86 years ago. I hear it's a long way to there.

Good one, Bri. Seriously, very funny.

Oct 4th 2010

That seems weird. Are there American islands very close to Canadian islands? Why aren't they all just American islands?

The San Juan Islands are between Washington state and Vancouver Island. You can take a ferry from the U.S. to the San Juans and then continue on to Victoria. Brief historical fact: We almost went to war with the British over the San Juans because of a pig. George Pickett of Pickett's Charge fame commanded some of the American troops posted there. This history lesson was brought to you by the letter F and U.

Dec 1st 2011

Jim: I don't have a ton of contact with the Scranton branch, but, before I left, I took a box of Dwight's stationery, so, from time to time, I send Dwight faxes. From himself. From the future. [reading fax] "Dwight, at 8 A.M. today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, Future Dwight."

Dec 1st 2011

Eh. You were doing better with the Season 2 stuff.

Dec 1st 2011

Agreed. I started into S3 and then I kinda got tired of doing it, and wanted to go back to S2, but stopped for fear that people would crap on me for threadbombing.

Dec 1st 2011

I wanted you to keep it up. Now I'm faced with the prospect of continuing it myself. Except it's depressing to be reminded how good things were.

Dec 1st 2011 edited

Nostalgia.

But you should do it. You have more clout than me, and people like you better because you're one of them. You know, American.

Dec 1st 2011

You have more clout than me, and people like you better because you're one of them.

You mean a New Yorker?

Dec 1st 2011

No one likes them.

Dec 1st 2011 edited

See Daoust? If you were an American, we'd just be making fun of whatever state you were from. It's the American way.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13