Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.08 The Merger
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >
1 to 30 of 465
Nov 14th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 16, 2006
  • Written by Brent Forrester
  • Directed by Ken Whittingham
  • Northern Attack Recap

Sometimes what brings the kids together is hating the lunch lady. Although that’ll change. Because, by the end of the fourth grade, the lunch lady was actually the person I hung out with the most.

Nov 15th 2006

No spoiler here. I was just wondering what time is the extended episode going to start. My Cable guide says 8:36 - 9:20, but I thought someone else said it was 7:30ish. I just don't want my TIVO to screw up and miss it. What time did you guys get from from your guides?

Nov 15th 2006

Mine says 8:30 - 9:30..

Nov 15th 2006

Mine says 8:30 - 9:30..

See! We're not getting accurate information. GRRRR. It's definately not an hour long. I wonder how we can find out for sure so the episode isn't cut off or something when it's TIVO'd.

Nov 15th 2006

it should be 8:40-9:20.

Anyways, I read spoilers on officetally. Well, some of them... once it started quoting (that should be illegal!) Andy in the episode, I stopped. Can't wait.

Nov 16th 2006

I just want to say that the show is 13 hours away and I'm practically giddy. Yes, like a schoolgirl. For the first time in 36 episodes that this show has been on the air, my wife said to me that she's really looking forward to seeing this episode because the commercial looked so good. My dream of not having to watch alone in another room might just come true.

Nov 16th 2006

NO SPOILERS HERE!

I have a feeling that this episode will be a great one to convert more Office fans. I think that if the uninitiated see this episode they will have an insatiable desire to add the other seasons to their Netflicks cue or borrow the DVD's from us Northern Attackers.

Talk up this episode, people. Spread the gospel.

"Have you heard the Good News about our Lord and Savior, Greg Daniels?"

Nov 16th 2006

So i just watched the yahoo clips of tonight. I am counting the seconds till tonights episode!!!! I never realized how much like Michael, Andy really is. And Andy and Dwight is gonna be great.

I think the season finale is going to end with something similar to last season finale. Maybe Karen and Jim start dating by then and Pam expresses her feelings, or a showdown between Pam and Karen.

So many thoughts! I can't wait 10 more hours!!!

Nov 16th 2006

I am GIDDY, too. GIDDY!!! It was my first thought this morning. It's like Christmas! Except better. BETTER!!!

Nov 16th 2006

Yes, this is better than Christmas! I'm not sure if that is a dig at Christmas or not. Anyway, since the Office is on almost every week, it's like a major holiday every 7 days! Forget this once a year nonsense.

Nov 16th 2006

I think I'm going to enjoy this episode the most because it's the only episode of season three that I didn't spoil by seeing and reading all the spoilers before hand. I should be able to look at it with completely fresh eyes. Almost virginal.

So what am I doing on this thread, you ask? Just checking the time it starts. 9:40 Atlantic Time. I'm good to go.

Nov 16th 2006

Another reason "The Office" is better than major holidays: no reason to stress about travel, no presents to buy, and I highly doubt that anyone's in-laws will make a major faux-pas and send anyone out of the room crying.

Forty-four minutes! Ecstatic.

Nov 16th 2006

I just read these 12 posts after avoiding this thread all day and I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of spoilers. I'm glad my little journey past "(SPOILERS)" didn't ruin my time tonight.

Nov 16th 2006

Every Thursday there's a new episode SHOULD be a federal holiday. I can't concentrate at work or during class, anyway.

Maybe if all NAers band together to form a religion we can get Thursdays off!

Happy Dunder-Mifflin Day, everyone!

Nov 16th 2006

Maybe if all NAers band together to form a religion we can get Thursdays off!

I've heard petitions work pretty well!
I've also tried to avoid most spoilers. I've picked up a few things, but I haven't watched a single video! I'm so proud of myself.

Nov 16th 2006

Every Thursday there's a new episode SHOULD be a federal holiday. I can't concentrate at work or during class, anyway.

I also find it incredibly hard to concentrate. I find myself having conversations with myself about what might happen on the office while i'm taking a shower, trying to sleep, watching OTHER programs on TV, and worse - while eating dinner.

This can't be healthy! Who knew a show could have such an impact on me. And i thought i hated Television.

Nov 16th 2006

We have a friend that tests staples products. He recieved this email the other day and sent it to us, knowing we are big office fans. Thought it was kinda interesting, and not wanting to start a new topic, I thought it would go best here. Also mild spoilers so be warned.

---------- Email Below -----------

Hello everyone,

Watch our mailmate shredder on TV.

A BV passed tested product.

You can buy this mailmate later on (special promotion to go on holiday season) at 2 for $100, or 1 for $69.99 now. Makes a great holiday gift. Please tell your friends and family, we need to hit our ridulous unattainable forecasted sales!

----------- And another -------------------

Lights! Camera! Celebrate!

Don't miss Staples MailMate's debut on NBC's hit comedy show The Office. Thursday, November 16 at 8:36/7:36c. This supersized episode will start at 8:36 and run until 9:20/8:20c.

Yup, the tabloids were right this time. Staples® MailMate™ will indeed debut on NBC's The Office. Although the script is top secret, we can reveal that some serious shredding will take place. Everything else, well, you'll just have to watch for yourself. It promises to be a ripping good time.

Mark your calendars to meet the newest star of The Office, the MailMate shredder. § Join us in the Auditorium tomorrow – Friday, November 17 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. for a post show celebration. § Then keep the party going with a dynamic shredder demo in the cafeteria, 12:15–2, where you'll see how cool this product really is, how many things it can shred and, yes, win even more prizes!

See you there.

Want to have some fun with our MailMate integration with The Office? Here are a few trivia questions about Thursday's episode. Stay tuned for the answers Friday at the event!

1. Which character on The Office loves to shred? a. Kevin b. Jim c. Pam d. Dwight

2. What do they show being shredded during the episode? a. Paper b. CD c. Kevin's personal credit card d. All of the above

3. What does one of the characters make with the shredder at the end of the episode? a. Paper Airplanes b. Salad c. A scrapbook d. Picture frames

Nov 16th 2006

I also find it incredibly hard to concentrate. I find myself having conversations with myself about what might happen on the office while i'm taking a shower, trying to sleep, watching OTHER programs on TV, and worse - while eating dinner.

Welcome to the site OfficeJello. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. I was on the verge of going to sleep last night and I rolled over and said to my husband, "Man, I can't wait to see Andy in Scranton."

Nov 16th 2006 edited

I've also tried to avoid most spoilers. I've picked up a few things, but I haven't watched a single video! I'm so proud of myself.

Me too! Isn't that funny how we are all over here in the spoiler thread talking about how good we've been at avoiding it.

About the video's. The YAHOO sneek previews haven't even come up for The Office yet this week. I should know, I just checked for them so I guess I can't take that much credit for not watching. I told myself that I'm just going to look and see how many there are. I'm not going to watch or anything like that. Then when they come up, I will usually reason that just one won't hurt, and then another...

Since we are all in the spoiler thread, trying to avoid the spoilers, someone with some spoilerish info might be afraid to post. Also everyone that doesn't venture in here is probably looking at the spoiler thread and thinking, WOW! 19 posts over at Spoilers. There must be a lot of spoilers for tonight's episode.

edited to correct the number of posts on this board. When I first wrote this, there were only 16, but then I type so slow that my post came in at 19, so I kept editing it.

Nov 16th 2006

Let's make it 20

Nov 16th 2006

I'll throw out a spoiler that I couldn't avoid. I saw a commercial on t.v. last night that was identical to the teaser they played after last weeks episode except for an added scene. It showed Pam asking Jim out for coffee. Anyone else see this one?

Nov 16th 2006

I saw it DUI Situation! It was only like a second worth of new stuff though. But I noticed it right away.

Denise

Nov 16th 2006 edited

OMG- Andy and Dwight meeting... wow, that's good funny.

edited: okay, maybe I should wait until the eps over before I start gushing over it. (but the Andy & Michael meeting was awesome too... I'm so happy sniff:sniff)

Nov 16th 2006

I was very disappointed in this episode for some reason. Especially with them quasi selling out and promoting the shredder.

Nov 16th 2006

So that thump sound was all the Jam fans falling over in disbelief :D?

Nov 16th 2006

I hated the way it ended with Jim and Pam. Hated in a good way, I guess, because I loved the episode. But my heart is broken right along with Pam's. I'm so down now!

Nov 16th 2006

Karen and Jim are together?!?!?

Nov 16th 2006

A lot can happen in [however long it was between episodes].

Nov 16th 2006

I guess that was what the "I think you should come along too" was last week.

Nov 16th 2006 edited

This is one to chew on. (Well, they all are, but you get the point.) I ran out of videotape a third of the way through, so I don't get to watch this one three or four times tonight. Fortunately, I'm going home tomorrow; I'll get a copy from them.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >