Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Extremely sensitive matters : Media coverage with spoilers
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 152
Nov 15th 2006

This thread is reserved for all discussions and announcements regarding the show in the media (articles, interviews, etc) which contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Dec 9th 2006

There's a review of "The Office" in People magazine this week. I tried to find it online to link it, but I don't see it. Anyway, it says the upcoming Christmas episode is "the most joyful of the season" and says "the Jim-Pam plot makes a promising new turn." It also says "after a stumble at the season's start, Carell and company get back with the program" and calls Jim's transfer to Stamford a "cheap move" on the part of the show, meant just to keep Jim and Pam apart, and that "tension withered away" (am I doing a good job of quoting here?). "[Jim has] come off as a tease ever since [returning], rubbing his new romance with Karen in his former crush's face. Meanwhile, Pam's gone from aloofly charming to just plain pouty." It also says "Michael...hits a new low when he awkwardly picks up a Benihana waitress." Overall, they give the show 3 stars out of 4.

Dec 9th 2006 edited

"[Jim has] come off as a tease ever since [returning], rubbing his new romance with Karen in his former crush's face. Meanwhile, Pam's gone from aloofly charming to just plain pouty."

LT, I'll have to check my mailbox for the new "People" magazine. I'm wondering if that synopsis is mostly the writer's opinion or if it's an authentic description of the episode. I'm thinking about the part that I quoted above.

Dec 9th 2006

It was in the reviews section, so I'm assuming it's a little of both (fact and opinion), like most reviews, I'd guess...

Dec 9th 2006

Thanks, Teapot. I didn't get the issue yet. I guess it's caught up with the Xmas mail.

Dec 19th 2006 edited

I just watched Craig Ferguson with Jenna as a guest (I recorded it). I can't believe no one is talking about this yet! The clip revealed that Hannah leaves while Michael's in Jamaica!

Edited to add- The clip on Office Tally reveals that Jan is indeed the one Michael invited to Jamaica!

Dec 19th 2006

Wish someone would toss that up on YouTube. I forgot to record it.

Dec 19th 2006

Sorry, Brian. I'd do it if I weren't so youtubial challenged. I'm sure it'll be there soon.

P.S.- Jenna's ensemble will make you forget about the red sweater...

Dec 19th 2006

It'll last up there less than a day, so watch it like a hawk. CBS has been pretty fanatical about making sure clips of its shows don't stay up long.

Dec 19th 2006 edited

Here's the Ferguson clip.

Forward it like it's hot. It probably won't be up much longer.

In the clip from the show at the beginning, it looks like Pam's backing off the Fancy New Beesly look. I wonder what that means.

Dec 19th 2006

Jenna herself looks dollsome, though.

Dec 19th 2006

I'm irritated that they showed that clip. Not only did it give away a significant story line, but it didn't really highlight Pam, the clip was more about Michael.

it looks like Pam's backing off the Fancy New Beesly look. I wonder what that means.

I wonder too. Kind of bums me out, I really liked the big curls.

Jenna herself looks dollsome, though.

Good god, that might have been the best she's ever looked. Loved the pony tail.

Dec 19th 2006 edited

P.S.- Jenna's ensemble will make you forget about the red sweater...

Wow. Talk about your Golden Globes. Makes me want to go back and read some of Ferd Farkel's recent haiku's.

Good god, that might have been the best she's ever looked. Loved the pony tail.

I second that emotion.

Dec 19th 2006

haha....I immediately thought of you lustful watercooler boys when I saw Jenna come out in that outfit. I'm going to go ahead and come out hetero so I can say she did look really hot. I was envious of the dress. Hopefully she'll post a blog on myspace to answer the mind-bending question of whether or not zombies poop.

Dec 19th 2006

It's a fair question.

Dec 19th 2006

They do. James Gunn said so on his MySpace.

Dec 19th 2006 edited

Whew! So glad to have that age old question settled by a bonafide zombie expert! :)

Dec 27th 2006

From OfficeTally:

Synopsis for ‘Traveling Salesmen’ (Jan. 11): MICHAEL HAS THE SALES STAFF PAIR UP AND VENTURE OUT INTO THE FIELD — DIRECTED BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER GREG DANIELS — On Andy’s (guest star Ed Helms) suggestion, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) has staffers team up for sales calls, leading to some interesting, insightful moments in the field. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) attempts to cover for Angela (Angela Kinsey) after she misses an important deadline. Karen (guest star Rashida Jones) receives surprising information. John Krasinski, B.J. Novak, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nuñez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling also star.

Hmm...interesting. I can't wait for this one! Who should get paired up? I feel like this is an opportunity to put people together who don't normally have much screen time with each other.

Ryan and Stanley? Andy and Stanley? Jim and Phyllis? Karen and Ryan? Phyllis and Karen? Stanley and Jim? Andy and Phyllis? The possibilities are endless. I do feel, though, that it would be prudent to put Phyllis with either Jim or Karen. Why? Oh, no reason in particular. ;)

I love Phyllis. The biggest JAMmer on the show. ;)

Dec 27th 2006

Have Jim and Angela ever had a scene together outside of Jim's barbecue when she tells him she's a vegetarian and she stepped in sap? Andy and Pam is good for laughs. Dwight and Kelly holds possibilities too. The biggest question, though, is what kind of surprising information does Karen get?

Dec 27th 2006

Andy and Pam would be hilarious, but I doubt Pam's included in this...she's not in sales, and it looks like it's salespeople only. Also they're telling it as though Dwight doesn't leave the office, either. Hey, come to think of it...Jenna Fischer's name isn't even in the write-up! Hmm...

Who are the sales staff? Stanley, Dwight, Jim, Andy, Ryan, Karen and Phyllis. Am I missing anyone?

I'll bet Karen's news is something like "Pam and Roy were engaged until she broke it off" or, even better, something seemingly innocent like, "Oh, yeah...Pam and Jim were best friends for years"

Jan 6th 2007

Well, the promos for next week are available at livejournal from somebody named spacecoyote. Looks like we'll be seeing Andy sing "The Oompah-Loompah's Song", which ought to be good.

Be sure to leave a thanks if you're an LJ member.

Jan 7th 2007

Oh the hair, the hair. Oh. My.

Jan 7th 2007

Oh, wow, thanks for the link. That looks like it is going to be good.

Jan 7th 2007

Yay! They DID put Karen with Phyllis!! Oooo...

Jan 7th 2007

Okay, sorry for the double-post but I just had to point this out...has anyone noticed that Karen is sporting not ONLY "Pam hair", but also Pam's entire ensemble? As in, clothes too (assuming the shot of Jim and Pam is one from this episode)?

Awkward!! ;)

Jan 10th 2007 edited

Yay! They DID put Karen with Phyllis!! Oooo...

Oooo, is right! So glad it appears that we are finally after all this time going to hear what she has to say about JAM! (Hopefully)

Btw, did anyone post the episode description from nbc.com yet?

Well anyway, here it is:

It's time for Michael to revisit his roots with the company as he hits the road for sales call duty. Meanwhile, Dwight attempts to cover up a crucial deadline missed by Angela while Karen is in for some surprising news.

I don't know how I am going to make it until tomorrow.

Jan 10th 2007

At least we have a new episode tomorrow. It feels like I've been watching reruns of everything for the last month! (And I'm really excited to find out what deadline it is that Angela misses. It's probably something stupid, like she didn't turn in the payroll on time and no one will be getting their checks.)

Jan 10th 2007

I'm so hungry for spoilers! I love the Phyllis/Karen pairing!

Feb 8th 2007

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... Ah, hell, no I don't. So long Filippelli!

Feb 8th 2007

Good news, Brian, good news.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 152
Top of PageBack to discussions