Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Captain Underpants: What is your Fake Name?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 86 of 86
Jul 29th 2011

No camping, we will be in cabins by a lake. My family has gone to the same spot since 1978. Now we all go together with our kids.

Aw. You guys are old!

(Seriously though, that's cool.)

I am hot, but I am also phot. I don't think that works the way I think it works.

Jul 29th 2011

1978 is before I was born.

Jul 29th 2011

Little-known fact - It's before most people were born.

Jul 29th 2011

That's actually not true.

Jul 29th 2011

Is it?

Jul 29th 2011 edited

(No. But let's say it is. Actually some census data recently said there are fewer children, percentage-ally than in the past. Most people are pretty old.)

Jul 29th 2011

No, it's not.

Jul 29th 2011

Baby boomers be plentiful, yo!

Also, I was born in 1978. I missed the first Star Wars by that much. Also, Elvis' death by a little less.

Jul 29th 2011

Little-known fact - It's before most people were born.

Actually, I think this is true if you count the entire world. I saw one estimate that had the median age of everyone on Earth as about 24 years which means 50% of the people alive today were born after 1985.

Jul 29th 2011

Oh, man! That means I'm old.

Jul 29th 2011 edited

I believe you are correct, DC.

Heed the words this ancient, wise, one: I graduated from college in 1978. I was a child genius, of course. Either that or I'm Yoda. Or I'm old. Maybe that's it.

Saw the first (which they now call the 4th but was really the first) Star Wars the day it opened, BTW. Win on that count.

Jul 29th 2011

I believe you are correct, DC.

Stopped clock as they say.

Jul 29th 2011

That is pretty neat, TTP, because most people only saw it after it became a huge hit. Was there a lot of buzz about it before it opened? I don't remember, because of 11.

Jul 29th 2011

The earth did make a strange groaning sound.

Jul 29th 2011

I know it's the fourth episode but it came out first so it'll always be first in my book. Also because of old.

Jul 29th 2011

Also, Elvis' death by a little less.

I actually remember where I was when Elvis died. I was seven, and I was in my parents' room playing or whatever while they were watching the evening news.

My mom freaked (she's the kind of person who cries at the drop of a hat), and I remember thinking, "Why is mommy crying about a man she's never met?"

Jul 29th 2011

Speaking of old, I just saw that the son of one of my high school classmates has a facebook page.

Jul 29th 2011

I guess everyone's weekends already started?

Jul 29th 2011

I'm still here. And still hot. I have now showered, however. So I am less stinky.

Jul 29th 2011

I showered today, as well. However, I did not wash my hair.

Jul 29th 2011

I just got finished running. I'm supposed to drive to Portland this afternoon, but I managed to put off running so long that it'll be rush hour when I get to town . . . poop.

Jul 29th 2011

Blerg. That's partly our fault. We're sorry.

Jul 29th 2011

I'm here now. I have a weird sunburn from my new running shirt. I wish I could pick up the University of Minnesota and put it in Portland.

Jul 29th 2011

Dumbo Chickenhump.

Carry on.

Jul 31st 2011

Speaking of old, I just saw that the son of one of my high school classmates has a facebook page.

The children of my high school classmates are having babies. I win. Wait, is win the right word?

Jul 31st 2011

The children of my high school classmates are having babies. I win. Wait, is win the right word?

Yes, win is the right word, because we're still alive.

Was there a lot of buzz about it before it opened?

My comment after you asked this, jinx was actually directed at DC's comment, because of blind on my part, I guess - I didn't see your comment. No, there wasn't a huge amount of buzz about it. IIRC, we were out of school and my then boyfriend, now husband, came up to my house and we just decided to go to the movies and it was on, and we both liked SciFi.

Also, I am glad everyone is showering.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 86 of 86
Top of PageBack to discussions