Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.10 A Benihana Christmas
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 22
  12. >
1 to 30 of 647
Dec 10th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 10
  • First aired on December 14, 2006
  • Written by Jennifer Celotta
  • Directed by Harold Ramis
  • Northern Attack Recap

It’s a bold move to Photoshop yourself into a picture with your girlfriend and her kids on a ski trip with their real father. But then again, Michael’s a bold guy. …Is bold the right word?

Dec 10th 2006

I've never been to a Benihana, but it sounds like your typical knife-tossing hibachi experience. I wonder if Michael photoshopped a nipple onto the Christmas card. That's been known to cause problems. I have a hard time seeing Karen and Pam becoming close friends. They seem so different.

Dec 10th 2006

One of my best friends is the POLAR opposite of myself. It works. I think Karen and Pam could be on that same level.

Dec 10th 2006

Well, they do have one thing in common. They both want to get on Jim.

Dec 10th 2006

Then I could be best friends with them, too!

I kid, I kid. A little.

I'm so mad that my office Christmas party is that night. It's ironic and angering! I'm seriously considering skipping so I don't miss it.

Dec 11th 2006

Pan, I think they're airing next week again. But I guess you'd be a week behind...I say skip your party. I would.

Dec 11th 2006

I didn't go to my office Christmas party! Of course I had strep throat, so I had a pretty good excuse.

Dec 11th 2006

Well, I get the weekly Office iTunes download. Season pass, baby! This is literally the only TV show I watch regularly. It kills me when something stands in the way.

Dec 12th 2006

Ugh, I'm sick of waiting for this episode. These two week long periods between new episodes isn't cutting it NBC.

Dec 12th 2006

Is Melora Hardin supposed to make an appearance on this episode?

Dec 12th 2006

She isn't credited at imdb.com - I know they aren't always 100% correct, but still.

Dec 13th 2006

just 2 more days! (ugh)

Dec 13th 2006 edited

Grrr. I have a take home final to finish, a final presentation to finish, and an in-class final to study for, all due tomorrow. Do you think I can concentrate on these things? Heck no. I needs me this episode, yo.

Actually, I'm very torn. My final presentation is for Food Chemistry and my topic is beer. Everyone is bringing the food they are presenting to class as a pot luck type thing. So I get to bring homebrewed beer to class. That's an opportunity that cannot be passed up even if it DIDN'T count for a major portion of my grade.

*Edited: I should clarify that I have my tests and presentations in the evening while our show is on.

Dec 13th 2006

I read a semi-spoilerish review of this episode at GMMR (don't worry, I'm not spilling the beans) but I will say that I can't wait to see this episode!! And I have to wait until it comes up on iTunes. Drat! It seems that this episode is taking for-ev-er to get here, but I have a feeling it will be worth the wait.

Dec 14th 2006

I'm looking forward to this episode. I am a sucker for all things Christmas, and last year's Christmas episode was what started my "Office" fandom (fetish?), so I believe good things await.

Dec 14th 2006 edited

...last year's Christmas episode was what started my "Office" fandom (fetish?)?), so I believe good things await.

I keep thinking that there's no way they are ever going to top last years episode. What an excellent episode. It was so good that it was nominated for an emmy. I'm almost afraid to watch because they raised the bar pretty high last year.

Dec 14th 2006

Well maybe this year they'll raise the bar even higherer.

Dec 14th 2006

I've stayed away as much as possible from knowing anything more than the description, but I know that there are several reviews out that rave about the episode and call it an instant classic. Jenna Fischer said that people from NBC who saw the final cut said it may be the best episode ever. The hour length is what has me especially excited, we also know from watching deleted scenes that a lot of great stuff usually gets left out. Finally I have to say that this has been the longest week in the history of ever.

Dec 14th 2006

I can't believe that people on the east coast only have 30 minutes to go. Here I am, skipping across the atmosphere of a remote sulphur-planet in a frictionless space-traveling orb, and I'm still on Pacific Time when I come back to 2006 to watch The Office. The vagaries of time-travel, I guess.

Dec 14th 2006

I'm sooooooooo envious of the people who will get to see it tonight....Here's hoping someone puts it on Youtube so I can see it when I get home.

Dec 14th 2006

2 More Minutes! I'm so frickin' excited!!!

Dec 14th 2006

I'm still on Pacific Time when I come back to 2006 to watch The Office.

DwightfromtheFuture I feel your pain.

Dec 14th 2006

I was on the fence about an hour-long episode, because I worried that there might be an instinct to go over-the-top with it. Also...it meant no new episodes until January :-(

But tonight was awesome, the right balance and tone was struck (Harold Ramis, comic legend, behind the helm). I'll wait for the West Coasters to get a chance at seeing it before going into any great detail, but Jim's predicament was very well played (and in a way where it's not at the forefront of the episode, but in a way it is).

Good episode

Dec 14th 2006

I can't predict well what everyone's reaction will be after episodes, but I've got to believe that the reaction to this one will be overwhelmingly positive. Such a perfect, well-rounded episode. Carrell was absolutely hilarious and not over the top, we got a little of Jam, a little of Karim, we got Dwangela (but not too much), we got KeRyan (but not too much) and we got a little of all the other favorite cast members, even Oscar!

Can we all assume Michael was talking to Jan on the phone?

The funniest moment- Michael marking his "girlfriend".
-Runner-up- Jim's look into the camera when he sees Pam and Karen talking.

Saddest moment- Jim refusing Pam's gift.
-Runner-up- Jim explaining why he didn't accept Pam's gift. (Oh my goodness, do I want to give that man a hug...)

The sweetest moment - Jim comforting Michael although obviously speaking for himself too.

Yippee-est moment- Jim accepting Pam's gift.

Honorable Mention- Just have to mention Toby. Poor Toby. The way he touched Kevin's robe...Kevin's reaction...and Pam saving the day for him. Great stuff.

Man, I love this show. Can't wait to read what everyone else thought.

Dec 14th 2006

My quote about this episode could only come from Pam..."Wow"!

I don't think I have all my thoughts together to make a full post yet, but I do have to say, if Jim is indeed not over Pam she definately shows us why. They way she sacrafices her feelings of hurt about Jim & Karen and befriends Karen, the way she innately knows what is bothering Toby and probably gives her own robe to him, the way she still tries to resolve and make things right with Angela, even after Angela was a complete ...err you know what to her and Karen. Who couldn't love Pam?!

Dec 14th 2006

Did anyone catch the title of the book that Roy gave Pam? I couldn't see it.

Dec 14th 2006

And did anyone catch the movie that Jim and Karen gave each other?

Dec 14th 2006 edited

The movie looked like "Bridget Jones's Diary" but I could be wrong

Dec 14th 2006 edited

Wow what an episode! There are so much that happened that I don't know how to put it together in a post. The feeling I got after was bittersweet. On one hand, Pam was absolutely adorable to everyone in the office, befriending Karen, and even to a lying down heart broken Michael. The feuding christmas party ended on a nice note with Angela karaoke-ing with her man at her side and finally showing a soft side. At the same time, so many cringe-worthy moments: Michael (and Angela) digging themselves bigger holes, Michael can't tell the girls apart (why these girls agreed to go to the party is beyond me).

I can't even begin to mention half of the stuff that happened. The only thing is that since we get an idea of how Jim actually feels, by God I hope they don't end the season with another obstacle or rejection for Jim. I think that would just kill him and US! Please don't throw another wrench in the relationship, PLEEEAAASE!!!!

Does anybody else want to beat up Ryan and smack some sense into him? His exasperated look about everything that's going on at the office is starting to annoy me.

Dec 14th 2006

AWESOME episode. So much to talk about I don't know where to begin so I'll start with this:

Funniest moment of the episode, and maybe ever: Michael's bro's before ho's speech.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 22
  12. >