Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
This has been bugging me all day
1 to 16 of 16
Dec 20th 2006

Today I decided to start calling my friend by a new name after this huge link I made between his name and his new nickname. I know Michael did this on the office and i can't remember which episode it was or who the name was for. It wasn't Jim Halpert/Fat Albert, but it was something where Michael called someone (I'm pretty sure one of the guys) by a nickname and then made the whole link back to his real name. Any help??

Dec 20th 2006

Maybe you're thinking of that episode in Season One where he calls Darryl Mitha Rogers?

Ryan: Darryl Rogers? Darryl: No, Darryl Philbin. Then Regis. Then Reg. Then Rog. Then...Mitha Rogers.

Or something like that. :) Maybe?

Dec 20th 2006

There's nothing better than an (almost) completely irrelevant nickname. Red Sox fans have already started calling JD Drew "Veronica Mars".

Dec 20th 2006

YES. that's it. thank you emmyjean!!!

Dec 21st 2006

Dwightfromthefuture, why do BoSox fans do that?

Kristen Bell isn't a waste of money.

Dec 21st 2006

The progression goes like this:

JD Drew --> Nancy Drew (because, apparently, he's a girl) --> Veronica Mars (because she's much cooler than Nancy Drew, and what's wrong with being a girl?)

It comes down to some of us feeling that JD Drew is a much better player than he ever gets credit for.

Dec 21st 2006

It comes down to some of us feeling that JD Drew is a much better player than he ever gets credit for.

Huh. I thought it was because JD Drew gets hurt a lot and has been criticized for not playing with passion and effort so he was being called a girl.

Dec 21st 2006

and he'll leave for a pretty penny

Dec 21st 2006

I thought it was because JD Drew gets hurt a lot and has been criticized for not playing with passion and effort so he was being called a girl.

That's what Dodgers fans calling him "Nancy Drew" was about. My understanding of "Veronica Mars" is that some of us over at Baseball Primer were trying to reclaim him. And make his nickname more witty. Because "Nancy Drew" . . . it just comes off as lazy.

Feb 18th 2007

Okay, I'm sort of hijacking this thread's subject (if I were starting my own thread I might call it But Dwight thinks it's Friday, so keep that going) -- as a demonstration of my fantastic skills at procrastination, I started keeping track of which days of the week each episode takes place, and Friday wins by a large margin!

Pilot: Friday. (Pam wishes Jim a nice weekend when she leaves.)
Diversity Day: Unknown.
Health Care: Friday. (Michael says, "See you guys on Monday.")
The Alliance: Unknown.
Basketball: Initially not Friday. (Everybody says "this Saturday" instead of "tomorrow".) And then suddenly Friday. (Michael says "Nobody's coming in tomorrow.")
Hot Girl: Friday. (Pam asks Jim what his weekend plans are.)

The Dundies: Unknown.
Sexual Harassment: Unknown.
Office Olympics: Unknown.
Halloween: Monday. (Halloween fell on a Monday.)
The Fight: Friday. (The Perfect Storm.)
The Client: Not Friday. (Angela comes to work the next morning.)
Performance Review: Thursday.
Email Surveillance: Friday. (Dwight says, "I'll see you Monday" to Michael.) Although the evitation say November 5, which was a Saturday, so maybe they were working on Saturday.

Aug 25th 2008

That's interesting. I wonder what days the newer episodes take place on.

Aug 25th 2008

Why hasn't this thread been closed? No offense, terptilf.

Aug 25th 2008

I wonder that about a lot of the old threads. Our mods were not half as good as they are now, I guess.

Aug 25th 2008

I don't think we had any mods when it first started.

Aug 25th 2008

State of Nature

Aug 25th 2008

Tabula rasa, baby!

1 to 16 of 16
Top of PageBack to discussions