Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.11 Back From Vacation
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 286
Jan 1st 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 11
  • First aired on January 4, 2007
  • Written by Justin Spitzer
  • Directed by Julian Farino
  • Northern Attack Recap

And I, to you, in addition, feel, the same feelings, that you are, as well.

Jan 1st 2007

Phew! Long enough break. Time for some Office. In the mean time I've been watching classic Office episodes on the internet to get me by, but it's time for something new. Can't wait!

Jan 2nd 2007 edited

I feel like I'm blinking too often. The two possible reasons for this, in order of likelihood:

1. There has not been a new episode of The Office in for-freaking-ever.

2. I will be without my wife for the next four weeks.

Good thing she doesn't read these forums.

Jan 3rd 2007

I just almost snorted coffee through my nose.

Good one, DFTF.

Jan 4th 2007

I watched one of the clips at TV.com and laughed so hard that I had to stop, or I'll ruin the episode for myself. So funny!

Jan 4th 2007

That meeting had me snorting my diet Coke through my nose.

Jan 4th 2007

That preview was so hilarious, especially Phyllis.

Jan 4th 2007

Yowza. Interesting episode. I could smell the Jan.Michael thing blooming all season. Too obvious to me.

Jan 4th 2007

The Office, you complete me.

Jan 4th 2007 edited

[b]chase[/b], I was thinking that exact same thing after the episode. Even put it in my AIM profile. You just beat me to it here!

Amazing episode! Might even be better than the Christmas episode, I'll watch it again before judging it though. But the intro was quite possilby my favorite intro yet (that, tied with future dwight).

Jan 4th 2007

Ugh!!

Started off with some good Jam in the lunchroom and ended with me as heartbroken as Pam. I don't like the Ram revival.

But, that aside, this was an excellent episode. Party planning is getting a bit old, but the Spam helped make up for it.

Jan 4th 2007

Wow, this episode was every emotion rolled into one! I was on the verge of tears when Dwight tried to comfort Pam, and was laughing hystarically when Michael was trying to perform "Hot Hot Hot" while wearing those beads in his hair. I can not wait to see what the next episode brings!!

Jan 4th 2007

Oh so emotional. My heart broke when Pam was crying, but it only increased my huge recent Dwight crush.

Jan 4th 2007

Aww. Poor Pam. I loved the Jam-ness at the beginning of the episode but I felt so bad for Pam when she was crying. And Roy needs to go away.

Jan 4th 2007

My favorite line of the night...

"Way to go Michael...Corporate booty...likes to hit it"

The "Corporate Booty" had me on the floor.

Jan 4th 2007

Wow that was a whole lotta episode. I think I was more crushed for Pam than I was in the first episode when we saw Pam reject Jim for the second time. I am sure Jim did alot of that himself, but to see it, was awful.

Dwight, totally unexpected but it was so cute, and hey he didn't even have a concussion this time! Also that "petting zoo" comment from Angela, didn't expect that from a vegetarian, and someone who loves cats.

Mostly I am so happy for Micheal!! I pray that he doesn't screw this up.

Jan 4th 2007

Yes Mozart's Friend! I was kinda feeling the same way about Dwight...but my heart belongs to Michael..he completes me

Jan 4th 2007

What? Nice Dwight WITHOUT a concussion? Interesting. He and Dave Foley have something in common. They're both men with a good attitude toward menstruation.

Again, perfectly played by Carell. Over-the-top Michael would have been a bad choice for this situation. He dialed it back just enough.

I'm sure there will be some big-time frustration from the Jim and Pam lobby, but I think this development just stinks of the suspense before they get them together.

Somebody predicted that there would be a situation where Karen would want to move a few blocks away from Jim. Who was it? Whoever it was, take a bow. Good call.

Jan 4th 2007 edited

After some deep, Ellen DeGeneres like meditation, Fleece It Out came up with:

I'm sure there will be some big-time frustration from the Jim and Pam lobby, but I think this development just stinks of the suspense before they get them together.

I think you are right on the money, but in the meanwhile it is driving me nutz.

I was expecting them to show Jim get a glimpse of the breakdown and have cause to ponder, but instead it was Dwight. Dwight was masterful in that scene but the coat around the waist still has me puzzled.

Jan 4th 2007

I was expecting them to show Jim get a glimpse of the breakdown and have cause to ponder, but instead it was Dwight. Dwight was masterful in that scene but the coat around the waist still has me puzzled.

I took it that Dwight was going to put his jacket around her shoulders, she gave him a look that said, "No," and he actually got the hint and went for the waist tie.

Jan 4th 2007 edited

I was hoping they would when they panned back and showed her in the hall. I was thinking Jim please see this. Alas, he'll never know. :( However we now know the timeline of Jim and Karen's relationship (at least I wasn't exactly sure how long it was before) and more importantly Pam knows. One month! That is not long at all. Hopefully Pam will drum up some courage quickly, the longer Jim and Karen go on being a couple, the harder it will be.

Jan 4th 2007

When Dwight comforted Pam in the hallway, my mind flashed back to one of the season one episode commentaries where the writers were joking about having Dwight confess a crush on her when she and Roy parted ways. Now that would be odd...his PMS line was gut-bustingly funny.

I don't know that I buy the new, "willing" Jan yet. It seems like it may have been heading that way, but I still like the tension that comes when she fights with him. But a great showcase for Michael tonight (loved his slow walk towards what he thinks is his "exeuction" in his office after Jan arrives.

Jan 4th 2007

As always, I wanted more! The Christmas episode spoiled me...

Just an observation, how could the 30 minute "My Name is Earl" episode seem soooooo long and "The Office" be over in a blink.

A great moment - Michael's glance at the camera when Jan was expressing her feelings. Priceless...

Jan 4th 2007

Question: Does Jan know about the mass e-mailing? Is she just willing to get over it b/c of her feelings for Michael or has she not found out about it and there is still hell to pay later? It wasn't really addressed.

Jan 4th 2007 edited

I was thinking the exact same thing Pate...

Jan 4th 2007

I wasn't really addressed, I am hoping we get a confirmation either way in the deleted scences. My thoughts are how could she not? Even Toby's ex sent it to him so I would assume Jan or someone who knows Jan recieved a copy at some point during that day.

Also, because Jan drove, what 2 hours to talk to Micheal? I was under the assumption she was going to try to talk to him about it, and tell him he messed up again when she realized he perdicament, (hence the tears) that no matter how wrong Micheal is for her, she is still attracted to him.

Jan 4th 2007

What was it that Darryl was so excited about on his iPod?

Jan 4th 2007

Good ep.

Bringing Dwight into the hallway scene was a great move.

Saw a lot of the office complex that we hadn't really seen before, hallways and stuff.

Good glimpse of awkward-#2 Jim in the cold open.

I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Jan 4th 2007

oh yeah, Mozart's Friend. Good question. What was that all about? Not remembering anything that would give that context.

Jan 4th 2007

No way did Jan know about the picture! Michael is so luck y he didn't say anything when she asked, "do you know why I'm here?"

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 286
Top of PageBack to discussions