Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Producing very thirsty babies: Brian's a dad!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 183
Jan 3rd 2007 edited

This is the official Northernattack Brian's wife is having a baby any day now!!! thread (if any statement ever warranted multiple exclamation points, it is that one). All news and updates can be found here. Although I think (hope) that Brian is the only person who will have any actual updates or news, everyone is free to comment on said baby here.

Jan 3rd 2007

Thirst babies promote maternal weight loss, so it's good news for the whole family! Can't wait to hear the gruesome details (or just the stats!).

Jan 3rd 2007

We're going to have to change the title of the thread eventually, KarenM. When's your due date?

Jan 3rd 2007

Mazal tov!

Jan 3rd 2007

Many Congrats!

Jan 3rd 2007 edited

I'm speechless. This is truly my Whitest Keds moment (which is way less embarassing than my Bushiest Beaver moment). Check out this completely factual and authentic news clipping I just fabricated...

WATERCOOLER (AP) - Fans, well-wishers and Office cast members are eagerly awaiting the biggest celebrity birth since the TomKitten.

Reached at work, where he seldom wastes company resources surfing Web sites dedicated to popular television programs, Brian assured the media hordes that there was still no news to report but that mother and baby-to-be are doing well.

"No, we're not naming him after Kevin Malone. That's just a friggin' coincidence," the Watercooler regular told reporters. "Now get out of here before I get fired. And tell Loaded Teapot, there's no rush for JAM to get together. True love takes time!!!"

Neither NBC Universal Television nor Office creator Greg Daniels would comment on rumors that the baby had already inked a deal for a three-episode arc this fall as "Vinnie," Dunder Mifflin's wacky Poland Spring Delivery guy.

Oh yeah, and thanks LT

Jan 3rd 2007

(I'm not due until the end of February. No need to change the thread title yet.)

Jan 3rd 2007

Brian's going to be such an awesome dad.

Your kid's going to have a highly developed sense of humor.

Jan 3rd 2007

Nice job, LT. Now we know where to look for TBN (The Big News.) Brian: we're with you, forum friend. Well, not actually in the room, as mom would not appreciate the well-intentioned but ill-timed show of support, but in spirit and good wishes. Your late-for-Christmas gift is sure to blow all others out of the water. So to speak. Can you bring your laptop to the hospital? Ok good.

Jan 3rd 2007

Are you really naming him Kevin? That's my husband's name. Whenever my son hears the name, he says, "Hey, that's the name of the kid on Home Alone," not "Hey, that's my dad's name." Go figure.

Jan 3rd 2007

Well, if your kid is anything like I was when I was young, he probably thinks his dad's name is "Dad". One of my earliest memories is of discovering that my dad's name wasn't "Dad" but "Dave". It blew my tiny little mind. Then I started calling him "Dave", because, clearly, calling him by the wrong name couldn't continue.

I'm told that lasted about a year.

Jan 4th 2007

DftF, I clearly remember learning my dad's name as well. Shocked the hell out of me almost as much as the spanking I got for calling him "John." To this very day it takes me much longer than the average person to call someone by their first name for fear I'll use the wrong one. It could be worse, I guess. I could be frightened of accidentally calling someone I just met "Dad."

Jan 11th 2007

Almost-congrats, Brian, judging from your haiku. What happened?

Jan 11th 2007

Yes, what happened?

And speaking of thirsty babies, did anyone see "Scrubs" tonight? I love that they dealt with the issue of post-partum depression with Carla. I didn't suffer from it, but I know that it's very real and very scary, Tom Cruise be damned, and I'm so happy to see a show like this discuss it like they did. Their little pot shot at Tom Cruise made me laugh out loud, but that was just an added bonus. The world needs more venues like this for uncovering potentially serious issues without hitting people over the head with them. You never know where your audience is or where the people who need to hear your message might be hiding.

Jan 11th 2007

I never watch Scrubs and did tonight and thought it was great! I also just realized that Turk is Murray from Clueless. Now I have to go read Brian's haiku.

Jan 12th 2007 edited

Hey Brian, have you seen that promo for The Office on Youtube where this guys pregnant wife is going into labor and he runs off and leaves her standing in the field because The Office is starting? It's the best one I think. The comment at the end is hilarious. Here's the link

Jan 12th 2007

Hehehe, thanks for that TO101. I'd seen that over the summer, but it touches much closer to home now. Basically, the wife was having pains around 6:30 last night. The usual remedies - drinking some water, lying on her side and talking a short walk - not only didn't help but made the pains worse. So we called the doc. Since she's past her due date, he said to come on in just in case. We were in full "This is it" mode. I threw the bags in the car, walked the dog really fast, and we high-tailed it to the hospital. But the whole time I had an inkling this wasn't really it. I'm not one for intuition, and neither of us knows what labor is supposed to look or feel like. I just had a feeling. Sure enough, they said she's ready to pop any time now, but not just yet. My best friend called while we were on the highway and asked me if I wanted him to call with Office updates during the delivery. I found this very funny. The wife, not so much. Thank God for great doctors and nurses. (And for my DVR.)

Any day now....

Jan 12th 2007 edited

neither of us knows what labor is supposed to look or feel like.

Well, it hurts. A lot. I know this sounds glib, but when my sister kept saying, "I don't know if I'm really in labor or what?" I kept telling her that if it's really labor she'll know, without a doubt, because she'll be in a lot of pain. Of course, there are lots of "little" signs before that, but that's the big tell. And all of those little signs could take hours to come to a head, so as long as you're at the hospital when she's in big pain...that's the big labor goal, I think.

Good luck to both of you, especially your wife. Tell her to get as much rest as she can!

P.S. It hardly ever happens that a woman feels nothing, is fine, and then - WHAM - she drops a baby. I think that's what women must be worried about when wonder if they're really in labor or not.

P.S. #2 - I guess the big benefit of getting to the hospital early is to make sure she doesn't miss her window of opportunity to get an epidural, which is totally worth it and which I highly recommend. So I really do understand the desire to get to the hospital early on. Earlier comments to the contrary redacted.

Jan 12th 2007

Good Luck to you and Mrs. Brian, Brian! Every time you post, I am surprised and think to myself, "He's still here???" We'll miss your posts when the time comes and although we'll be anxiously awaiting your return, we'll understand.

So was Mrs. Brian just having Braxton Hicks or what? Did the pain finally go away?

Jan 12th 2007

This kid's not even born yet and he/she's already causing you problems. Making you miss a pivotal episode of The Office? Could have had the decency to wait until the weekend.

Of course I kid. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Jan 12th 2007

We'll miss your posts when the time comes and although we'll be anxiously awaiting your return, we'll understand.

We'll give you plenty of time away, Brian... how does a half day sound? Babies these days can pretty much take care of themselves. And there are people here relying on you. But take all the time you need.

Jan 16th 2007

The next time I post here, the verb-tense of this thread will be technically incorrect. Thanks for all the Office-y love.

Jan 16th 2007

Yay! I wish you and your wife the best. May you report to us very soon that you are the proud father of one very thirsty baby!

Jan 16th 2007

!

I said it before, but mazal tov!

Jan 16th 2007 edited

push! brian, you just breathe. nothing worse than having to resuscitate the father.

Jan 16th 2007

Yay! Thanks for the post, Brian. Best wishes to the three of you!

Jan 16th 2007 edited

Angela told me to tell you something:

THEVERYBESTOFLUCKTOYOUBRIAN

Jan 16th 2007

So exciting! Congrats, ahead of time.

Jan 17th 2007

Wow! How exciting! I'll be thinking of the three of you today! :-)

Jan 17th 2007

Hey Brian, does your child have a godparent yet? :-)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 183
Top of PageBack to discussions