Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Is that a Muppet Babies Tattoo?: Favorite Childhood Cartoons
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 153
Jan 5th 2007

Last night's Muppet Babies reference made me laugh, but it also reminded me of how much I used to watch it. I used to love that show! Anyway, I was wondering what cartoons you all used to watch as kids. Or now! Whatever.

Some of my personal favorites also included Jem (she was truly outrageous!), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Animaniacs, Gummi Bears, Fraggle Rock, and Masters of the Universe. Seriously, one of the first things I ever got for Christmas was He-Man and Skeletor in a snake car! I was one strange little girl.

Jan 5th 2007

You and I must be about the same age. We've got all the same cultural reference points.

The "Muppet Babies" tattoo killllled me. So funny. I had the Muppet Babies figured that McDonald's gave out in Happy Meals. They were awesome.

Jan 5th 2007

Duck Tales. (Woo-oo)

Jan 5th 2007

I had the Muppet Babies figured that McDonald's gave out in Happy Meals. They were awesome.

I had those too! Yay! McDonalds used to have some pretty great toys in their Happy Meals. Along with all the styrofoam packaging! Good times, good times.....

Jan 5th 2007 edited

Muppet Babies
Tiny Toons
Smurfs (I still have a Smurfs record- yes, RECORD- that I play for my son now)
Gummi Bears (thanks for mentioning that one, LATP)
and thanks to my older brothers...
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Thundercats

(By the way, Fleece, I've got the Duck Tales theme song stuck in my head now. Thanks ;)

Jan 5th 2007

Anybody remember the Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers episode with the Koo-Koo Cola cult?

Jan 5th 2007

This is a great way to date people, and I feel kind of old now. Although, my wife and I are three and a half years apart and that can seem like a decade sometimes.

I definitely remember watching a lot of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, though I can't seem to figure out what universe they were living in. It wasn't mine. Smurfs were a big part of my afternoons, which seems strange now. Otherwise, I'm drawing a blank. I'll check back here and see if anyone else's favorites trigger my memory.

Jan 5th 2007

Thunder . . . Thunder . . . THUNDERCATS!

That, and Muppet Babies. And DuckTales. Also, being a big nerd, I was way into Square One, which wasn't a cartoon, but was awesome just the same. In the Public Television vein, I was also a big fan of 3-2-1 Contact.

Jan 5th 2007

Did anyone else watch Romper Room with Miss Molly? She never, ever, saw me in her mirror at the end.

Jan 5th 2007

Romper Room! My mom sent in a postcard but I never got on the show. I might have had a Michael Scott-esque video to show folks today.

Jan 5th 2007

OH MY GOD. Square One. I was huge on that show.

The recurring story about the math detectives had me convinced I wanted to be a mathematician... until I hit fractions and realized I was crap at math.

I also liked GI Joe a lot. And My Little Ponies (which I then saw years later when kids I was babysitting all day for a week in the summer kept the VHS tapes flowing and I was about ready to scream from annoyance by Wednesday of that week....but when you're 4, amusement is easy to come by).

I also loved Anamaniacs. They were crazy to the max.

Jan 5th 2007 edited

The recurring story about the math detectives had me convinced I wanted to be a mathematician...

Mathnet! "The story you're about to see is a fib, but it's short. The names are made up but the problems are real." I wanted to be a mathematician when I was in first grade. I was in the advanced class and everything. Somewhere along the way, however, I discovered that math was hard. And boring. But mostly hard. Maybe boring because it was hard.

Anyway, I always felt that Disney afternoons started going downhill right around Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck. Those just couldn't measure up to Gummi Bears and DuckTales for me. I switched to Animaniacs around that time. I couldn't get enough of Pinky & the Brain. (That was on Animaniacs, right? Or Tiny Toons? I forget.)

Brain: Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?

Jan 5th 2007

Pinky: NARF! Egad!

Jan 5th 2007

Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: "Well, I think so, Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?"

Jan 5th 2007

I laughed just reading that one, Pan.

Sometimes I get Pinky mixed up with the little voice in my head that asks imponderable and silly questions. For instance, I'm almost certain that I made this one up:

Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?
Pinky: I think so Brain, but isn't it unfair that a bird can fly but a fly can't bird?

But I can both hear and see him saying it. Anyway, I know this one is real:

Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?
Pinky: Well, I think so, Brain, but if they call people from Poland Poles, why don't they call people from Holland Holes?

Jan 5th 2007 edited

Actually, I seem to think that might be from Anamaniacs.

It is, at the very least, from Winnie the Pooh...

Pooh sat down on a large stone, and tried to think this out. It sounded to him like a riddle, and he was never much good at riddles, being a Bear of Very Little Brain. So he sang Cottleston Pie instead:

Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie,
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly.
Ask me a riddle and I reply:
"Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie."

A fish can't whistle and neither can I.

Why does a chicken, I don't know why.

Jan 5th 2007

So I didn't make it up! At least I'm not going crazy. I'm just assuming I made things up that I read when I was little.

Jan 5th 2007

Gummi Beaaarrss...bouncing here and there and everywhere. When a friend's in danger, they'll be there. They are the Gummi Bears!

Am I the only person who is singing all of the theme songs to these cartoons as I'm going through the list?

I was definitely a Disney in the afternoon girl until Tail Spin came around. Saturday mornings were all about the Smurf. I also really liked Barbie and the Rockers and JEM (would get in arguments about which singer was better), and I loved Inspecter Gadget. Dododododo Inspector Gadget. Dododododo dodo woohoo.

Jan 5th 2007

Ooh! I loved Inspector Gadget. And Voltron.

Jem made me convinced I should be a rock star when I grew up. Then came Square One and my decision to be a mathematician.

However, I STILL want to be Wonder Woman. That'll never change.

Jan 5th 2007 edited

"This message will self-destruct in ten seconds." Wait, wasn't the dog on that show named Brain, as well? What is it with non-human mammalian life named Brain that makes them so funny?

I was in an extremely lame band in high school called The Woozles. (Our motto was "Fear of a punk Pooh".) Our only claim to fame was that we had a song that broke into the "Inspector Gadget Theme" right in the middle. That brought down the house every time. Other than that, we were essentially an OpIvy covers band.

Oh. And I WILL be He-Man. You wait.

Jan 5th 2007

Be happy you weren't sued for copywrite infringement with that sampling. Yes, the dog's name was Brain...he always helped Penny, who I really wanted to be (but with Punky Brewster's style and Punky Power). At least until D.J. Tanner came along...man, I was a loser!

Jan 5th 2007

Wait, who is DJ Tanner? Is that Full House? Please say it is.

Anyway, other than He-Man, all my heroes were ballplayers. I thought Ron Gant was a god, though I'm not really sure why, except that the Braves were on TV every day and he was, like, their only good player back in the day. Jay Buhner was also a favorite. I was pretty sure he was a robot, though.

Jan 5th 2007

Yes! D.J. Tanner was the oldest daughter on Full House (Candace Cameron). Man. I made my mom buy me so many blazers trying to capture her style.

Jan 5th 2007

DftF,

Wow, there's a lot worse things to be than an OpIvy cover band, I can tell you. You could be like I was in high school: A KISS cover band TRYING to be a Vandals rip off.

Jan 5th 2007

Yep that is definate Full House

OMG I love Pinky and the Brain! I just recieved vol.2 from blockbuster not too long ago and spent the entire weekend laughing! I want to see that series where they end up in Hat land, where everyone is named by the type of hat they are wearing.

Brain: Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky? Pinky: I think so, Brain, but where we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

Jan 5th 2007

Wow, there's a lot worse things to be than an OpIvy cover band, I can tell you.

Oh, I agree. We just weren't very good at it. About the only song we could play with any credibility was "Healthy Body, Sick Mind".

Jan 5th 2007

I loved Gummi Bears! Also, does anyone else remember 'the Snorks'? I think I can even sing the whole theme song.

Jan 5th 2007

I also watch Kim Possible. But that's not something I watched when I was a kid. It's something I watch now. But it's awesome.

Jan 5th 2007

Here are all the ones I can think of right now:

• Muppet Babies
  • The Smurfs
  • Fraggle Rock
  • Ghostbusters
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Rocco's Modern Life
  • Ah! Real Monsters
  • Care Bears
  • Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
  • Garfield and Friends
  • 3-2-1 Contact
  • Square One
  • Reading Rainbow
  • You Can't Do That on Television
  • Welcome Freshmen
  • The Adventures of Pete and Pete
  • Are You Afraid of the Dark?
  • Legend of the Hidden Temple
  • GUTS
  • Double Dare
  • Beverly Hills, 90210

I do realize those aren't all cartoons. Can you tell I was raised by the television?

Jan 5th 2007

When my TV took me shopping for new clothes before school started, I was both surprised and quite pleased. What an awesome parent.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 153
Top of PageBack to discussions