Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Do You Like Steve Miller? Musical Tastes
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 106 of 106
May 5th 2010

And that was the cleanest part of the lyrics I could cut and paste.

Apparently there's a new up-and-coming female rap artist who is looking to take over where L'il Kim left off. Her name is Nicki Minaj, although apparently she's cleaned up her act from her earlier days as she is now trying to be taken seriously. A quick skim over of some of her lyrics reveal nothing like that L'il Kim song though.

May 14th 2010 edited

From 2C's post in the tirade thread about her concert experience.

But we haven't gone to many shows. The last thing 2B had seen was Third Day, and the last concert I was at was Audio Adrenaline, both are Christian rock bands. Audio A was a concert at a church. The only other real concert I've been to was a family trip to a Weird Al show in '02 or '03. So, this was a little different.

First of all, my wife is a pretty big Third Day fan. I am a lukewarm one. I have the hardest time trying to find a good Christian artist who I think is a good combination of a) genuineness b) talent and c) not just using the Christian music scene to get to the big leagues. It always bugs me when a tried and true Christian band releases albums that try to appeal to both the secular and Christian markets, a la Jars of Clay or whoever. Pick whatever side you're on. You can't serve God and mammon. I don't know if I've heard any AA stuff, but I'm sure there's a song or two of theres on our iTunes. I didn't know you were a fan, Toos. Cool.

Secondly,

The only other real concert I've been to was a family trip to a Weird Al show in '02 or '03. So, this was a little different.

Did he open for the Spice Girls?

May 14th 2010

It always bugs me when a tried and true Christian band releases albums that try to appeal to both the secular and Christian markets, a la Jars of Clay or whoever.

I like Jars of Clay, too. I'm sure it can be hard to want to reach out, but feel "stuck" in the Christian rock genre. Audio A was great. My favorite, favorite of theirs is DC10.

May 14th 2010

mammon

boobs

May 14th 2010

close

May 14th 2010

a good Christian artist

Stryper!

May 15th 2010

Or Danzig--don't forget about Danzig.

May 15th 2010

Niice, VG.

May 15th 2010

Could I get the blood to flow up the walls?

May 15th 2010

I actually like a few Stryper songs.. "Calling On You" and "Two Time Woman" are a couple that come to mind.

Sep 21st 2010

You know the song "Ticket to Ride"? It's a good song. Did you know the Carpenters sang it? They made it not be good.

You know the song "Never My Love"? It's a good song. Did you know the Fifth Dimension sang it? I feel like it's the Carpenters all over again.

Sep 21st 2010

Apparently, at least one crowd of people liked it enough to cheer after they finished the song.

Actually, I'd cheer for the fact that they finished it.

Sep 21st 2010

I like "Never My Love." I even like the Fifth Dimension. However, the two do not mix.

Sep 21st 2010

I concur with Nerfy.

Sep 22nd 2010 edited

"Never My Love"

Before today, I had never heard of this song. I'm listening to it right now.

ETA. Wait. Yes I have.

The video is very late 60's.

Sep 22nd 2010

You probably didn't know the name of the song. I didn't recognize it by the name, either, which is weird, because they say "Never My Love" about a million times.

I guess it's that the beginning isn't easily recognizable, even though the chorus is. Or something.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 106 of 106
Top of PageBack to discussions