Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I had a pony at my birthday when I was younger: getting older
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35
  13. >
901 to 930 of 1032
Mar 3rd 2011

It is your birthday.

Mar 3rd 2011

We are having a pony-themed birthday party on Saturday.

Mar 3rd 2011

Your husband must be so excited! Do you have a sitter for the kids?

Mar 3rd 2011

Your husband must be so excited! Do you have a sitter for the kids?

Are we still doing Daily Dundies?

Apr 9th 2011

Happy birthday, MISS and, in absentia, DftF.

Apr 9th 2011

Thanks, Bri! We're having fun. We left home at 8:00 this morning and just got back, and are now getting ready to go out for dinner. My day has included friends, family, and food. Yeah, you heard me. Food. Lots of it. And I'm not done yet. WW can suck it. It's my birthday.

Apr 9th 2011

Happy birthday, MISS and, in absentia, DftF.

Ditto.

Apr 9th 2011

WW can suck it.

This would boost member retention.

Apr 9th 2011

Happy birthday, MISS!

Apr 9th 2011

Happy Day of your Birth, MISS. Hope you get that signed Justin Bieber photo you wanted.

Apr 10th 2011

Happy birthday, MISS, and DwightfromthePastandHopefulFuture!

Apr 11th 2011

WW can suck it.

This would boost member retention.

Grued? Teared? Both?

Apr 11th 2011

I'm appreciative either way.

Apr 11th 2011

I didn't even see that when you posted. Good one, Bri. Also, true.

Apr 11th 2011

Happy belated birthdays to MISS and DftF!

Apr 11th 2011

Thank ye kindly, Nerfy!

Jun 22nd 2011 edited

I turn 40 in less than two hours. Eight hours, really, but whatevs. I should probably feel a certain way about it, but I kind of don't. I guess I'd prefer to turn thirty-ten. I never made one of those lists of goals to accomplish by the time I turn this age. I should make one for 50. Not that I'm worried. I mean, I've got a yacht, so I must be doing alright.

I really wish I'd taken the day off tomorrow and Friday.

I am thankful not to be unemployed and turning 40. Not that turning 40 would make it worse, but it sure sounds worse, doesn't it?

Jun 22nd 2011

Aw, happy birthday in advance! 40 is the new....25 or something. No worries.

You know...rather than making a list of stuff you want to accomplish by the time you're 50...why not make a "Year of Being 40" list? 40 things you want to do this year that are risky for you. Doable things. I suggest it because a friend of mine did it with her 30th and had great success with it. That way you don't give yourself time to forget your list.

Jun 22nd 2011

Or 12 things...1 thing every month...and make them really risky. (In your terms)

Also, I really wish you'd take the days off too. Birthdays are always better when you don't work.

Jun 22nd 2011

So you're saying my memory will be shot by the time I'm 50? Crap. At least I won't be able to hold any grudges. Goals are good. I should make that list instead. Or also. I'm not inclined to have a mid-life crisis, but I definitely understand where the urge comes from to go off the edge and do unwise shit because you think life is slipping, or slipped, away from you. It totally is slipping away, whether you make the most of it or not. But I think that urge is a combination of panic and remorse and bad judgment. Plus a life that seems to suck. Mine doesn't. I still don't want to go to work tomorrow, though.

Jun 22nd 2011 edited

I'm with you. No mid-life crisis list. Just one that is a set of risks for you? That might mean climbing a rock wall at the local health club for all I know. Or singing karaoke in public for your wife. Nothing crazy. Or, since you are 40 and not 30, and you know yourself in a way that your 30-year-old self did not, how about celebrating your favorite things in life with a list of 40 things you're going to do this year because you love them the best of all the best. Or 12. Or whatever.

Or I could stop talking. Because I'm 32. And I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for my 30th.

Jun 22nd 2011

I ran a 5K for the first time in my life last month. The best part was crossing it off my mental checklist. You can keep talking. It's good stuff, and it's like you're thinking out loud, which makes me think you've got a list in you of your own.

Jun 22nd 2011

I'm waiting until it's officially your birthday to say anything.

Jun 22nd 2011

40? With a little luck, you're not even half through.

Jun 22nd 2011

So you're saying my memory will be shot by the time I'm 50?

Yes.

Happy Birthday, Bri! I hope you have a terrific day, despite having to work.

Jun 22nd 2011

Now it's your birthday.

For the record, my dad always said his 40s were a lot better than his 30s.

Jun 22nd 2011

Okay, now it's appropriate. Happy Birthday Bri.

Jun 23rd 2011

Happy birthday, Bri! You're now a third as old as DC.

Jun 23rd 2011

Fun fact, I've been here since I was 35. Think I'll leave that off my resume. Or at least save it for the supplemental.

Thanks, peoples. In lieu of gifts, please send donations to the Re-sign Jose Reyes Fund, c/o Jeffy Wilpon, Madoff Securities, PO Box 007, Corona Park, NY.

Jun 23rd 2011

I must have a list in here somewhere. Making lists and then completely forgetting about them is my favorite thing to do.

Happy Proper Birthday!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34