Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I had a pony at my birthday when I was younger: getting older
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. >
931 to 960 of 1032
Jun 23rd 2011

Happy Birthday, Bri.

Enjoy the day! Since you didn't take the day off, you should at least slack off hardcore. Maybe ask for a nap after lunch.

I have no advice to give you on what you should do now that you're 40. Because I'm eight years away from 40, and therefore it's like an eternity away. In fact, it is so far away, I'll probably never get there.

Jun 23rd 2011

Hey Bri--Happy Birthday, you old bastard!

Jun 23rd 2011 edited

Gosh, forty? Really? Wow. You're pretty old.

Remember my banjo-playing friend? Yesterday he turned 80.

So, I don't know what the point is, but I guess it's that you shouldn't worry. Just being super old, like you are now, doesn't mean you're not cool anymore.

Happy Birthday!

Jun 23rd 2011 edited

you should at least slack off hardcore.

And that's what I'll be working on for the next nine hours.

Hey Bri--Happy Birthday, you old bastard!

Gosh, forty? Really? Wow. You're pretty old.

I'm feeling smothered by love. And now I'm focused on the concept of "halfway to 80." I guess it beats not making it to 40 like Daoust.

Jun 23rd 2011

But if you stop and think about the crap that you've fit into this 40, think how much else you can do in the future.

Jun 23rd 2011

Happy Bird Day, Bri. I'm so original.

I like those ideas of making a list of things to do. I'm one of those people who don't do anything because I don't think I'm prepared enough yet, or haven't researched it enough, and end up not doing anything. I'm certainly not one of those types to sit by the TV and let life pass by...I'm constantly busy...but I need to jump out of an airplane once in a while. Except not that. That freaks me out.

I honestly don't feel any older than when I was 30. If I go to lift a weight that I could do when I was 30, I might think "huh...can't do that anymore", but it's really because I don't work out the way I did when I was 30, not because I'm older. Or so I think.

Jun 23rd 2011

Happy 40 Bri. I'll be there in a little more than three months so I'll look to you for advice. Right now my only goal is to get a physical since I haven't had one in...a really long time.

Jun 23rd 2011

This is what I read, which made me sad..

Right now my only goal is to get physical since I haven't in...a really long time.

...partly because of no cookie and partly because of the use of the term "get physical" to refer to sex. I'm so glad I read it wrong.

Jun 23rd 2011

You're now a third as old as DC.

Now, I may be so old that I've forgotten my elementary school math, but I think your long division needs work. Bri has a ways to go before he hits a third my age.

Jun 23rd 2011

I'll be there in a little more than three months

Really? Huh. I don't know why, but I always assumed you were younger.

Mental note: group AMJ in with DC and Bri when making old person jokes from here on in.

Jun 23rd 2011

I got a physical last year that had a questionable result that took nine months of tests and visits to confirm was probably nothing. In the meantime I gained 25 pounds. I think I'll put off my next physical and just get physical instead for a while.

Jun 23rd 2011

Yeah, us young stallions need to stick together, D! So many old people in NA now!

Jun 23rd 2011

Really? Huh. I don't know why, but I always assumed you were younger.

Is it because I'm so cool and hip and rad? Probably.

Jun 23rd 2011

Is it because I'm so cool and hip and rad?

I was going to say "immature", but let's go with your theory.

Jun 23rd 2011

Just wait until you turn 52...because that's what I'll be next Wednesday. That said, life is pretty good right now, so I'm okay with it.

Jun 23rd 2011

That cannot be true. Unless the deal really is that you get cooler with age, because then you'd have to be be 152, VG.

Jun 23rd 2011

That cannot be true.

This. I knew VG was a little older than me, but I thought she was 45 or 46.

Jun 23rd 2011

Just wait until you turn 52...because that's what I'll be next Wednesday. That said, life is pretty good right now, so I'm okay with it.

Early welcome to the cool folks club VG.

Jun 23rd 2011

I post with a bunch of old geezers.

That would probably be funnier coming from someone in their 20's. I'm just not sure we have many of them around anymore. Haha.

Jun 23rd 2011

Hey.

Jun 23rd 2011

Happy b-day, Bri!

40 is awesome. Just yesterday I injured myself...hula hooping. You're only as old as you act...

Jun 23rd 2011

T'anks. I'm going for sushi now. The good stuff too, not the A&P crap.

Jun 23rd 2011

That cannot be true. Unless the deal really is that you get cooler with age, because then you'd have to be be 152, VG.

Aww, thanks Anque, you are sweet. Huggy hugs!

Jun 23rd 2011

I'm tardy for the party, but happy 40th and something witty and cool like the other folks posted.

Jun 23rd 2011 edited

I think I've gotten more b-day wishes here and in the world than my last 10 b-days combined. Probably it helped that I didn't keep it a secret like usual. It really dies make a birthday nice, so thanks everybody.

Jun 23rd 2011

It really dies make a birthday nice, so thanks everybody.

Bri....are you okay?

Jun 24th 2011

Stupid autocorrect.

Jul 13th 2011

Somebody has a birthday this Sunday. If it was me, I'd already be excited.

Jul 14th 2011

Wait. Is it you?

Jul 15th 2011

Nope. It's a dude.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32