Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Not Dane Cook: Comic Relief
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 70 of 70
Jan 16th 2007

Steve Martin and all he needs in The Jerk. I replay that scene in my head at least once a month.

Jan 16th 2007

That scene from The Jerk is the absolute best.

Jan 16th 2007

Pan, I've never actually seen the Aykroyd-Prior sketch. But when we were kids my best friend had a 'Best of SNL' 8-TRACK TAPE (caps/bold for ridiculously archaic emphasis). We listened to it until we memorized it, then kept listening to it more. I tell you this because since roughly 1979 or 1980, when we played that 8-track out, I assumed that was Garrett Morris. Today I stand corrected. Great skit. (I wish this long story was better. Sorry.)

Jan 16th 2007

It's actually Chevy Chase. I know, because I just looked it up.

Jan 16th 2007

Dammit, I knew that, but I had Aykroyd on the brain. Gotta be the last time a white comic dropped an N-bomb on live TV.

Jan 16th 2007

Seriously.

Jan 16th 2007

OH MY GOSH it is Chevy Chase. I try to block him out as much as possible, so my brain just replaced him.

Wow.

The network censors demanded a 5-second delay for that live show. The SNL folks said sure, but in truth they didn't even have the technology to make the delay work. It's LIVE live, yo. Liiiive TV.

Jan 16th 2007

I've heard that Chevy Chase is the biggest jerk in the history of SNL. It was in this book I read on the subject, so it must be true.

Jan 16th 2007

I most likely have read the same book! The words told me the same thing. Also, me. I read that, I feel.

Aug 25th 2008 edited

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 70 of 70
Top of PageBack to discussions