Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Good vocabularies run amuck: What are your favorite words?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 44
  12. >
91 to 120 of 1301
Feb 6th 2007 edited

vomit

its like it comes with its own little reminder of the experience.

Nevertheless, the accurate feel of the word notwithstanding, I always say throw up.

A word that I've heard enough of for a while:

journey

If I hear one more celebrity talk about their journey when they haven't gone anywhere I think I'll throw up.

Feb 6th 2007 edited

A word I like that I made up is vomicio. Vom-ee-shee-o. ferd's vomit reminded me of it. It's a very gentle cuss word, like craperoni and cheese or poo.

On another note, how common is a sentence like "ferd's vomit reminded me of it."?

Feb 6th 2007

If I hear one more celebrity talk about their journey when they haven't gone anywhere I think I'll throw up.

What if they mean the journey of life? And what about puke?

Feb 6th 2007

pederast

It's just funny how it combines the sense of feet (at the beginning) and pegholes (at the end). And you can say it so contemptuously.

Feb 6th 2007

Eugogolizer: one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugogoly is?

Feb 6th 2007

I didn't, but that's because I'm bulimic so I was able to read your mind.

Feb 6th 2007

Derelicte: It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

Feb 6th 2007

Fergalicious. Made popular by one Black Eyed Pea. My daughter uses this word instead of delicious. It is fun to say.

Feb 6th 2007

ferdalicious - a particularly delightful or cleverly phrased haiku

Feb 6th 2007

woot!

tizzy
conundrum

i also like squint and squirt. but i never say them together like that.

Feb 6th 2007

I haven't gotten to read this whole list yet, but before I fill my head with your words, I will add some of mine:

Yesterday, I was thinking about the words Apollonian vs. Dionysian.

Others: kerfuffle, peepers, whisht, Shennandoah, bravado, facetious, numinous, illuminate, incadescent, lamp (I love lamp), city (such a neat word for a messy thing), jungle, bird, kitten, sucker, meadow, brilliant, hazy, trek, chorizo, heaven, blue.

Feb 6th 2007

And "sans" -- as in "sans pants" on pantless posting days.

Feb 6th 2007

I also like describing people who try to be swankified hippies and fail miserably as exemplifying "pseudo-boho chic."

I also like the words "swank" and "pseudo."

Unrelatedly, I like the word fantastical.

Feb 6th 2007

Made up word: ginormous.

Feb 6th 2007

audacity. It's a 25 cent word with a simple meaning, and it's fun to say.

Feb 6th 2007

outre!

Feb 6th 2007

obelisk!

Feb 6th 2007

laconic!

Feb 6th 2007

exclamation! (just saying it sounds like an exclamation of a sort. So I guess it's a kind of modified onamotapoeia)

Feb 6th 2007

chiaroscuro!

Feb 6th 2007

hoi polloi!

Feb 6th 2007

Tell me about boho please, Pan. I read it today and couldn't decipher the meaning.

antedeluvian

and

antebellum

and for that matter

bellicose

Feb 6th 2007

vizsla

we have 2

Feb 6th 2007

From about.com: Boho is short for bohemian. Boho are similar to hippie looks: long flowing or tiered skirts, ethnic touches like tunics or wood jewelry, embellishment with beading or spangles, fringed handbags, jewelled or embellished flat sandals. The look is often layered and colorful.

Feb 6th 2007

Vermillion. Also? Asstastic.

Feb 7th 2007

Shennandoah

I love that, too.

Feb 7th 2007

barcalounger

It's just so ridiculous, old and kitschy, I like it.

Feb 7th 2007 edited

schlep

My mother-in-law uses that word all the time (Context: "We are not going to schlep a Ray's Pizza down to North Carolina when we drive down to see you."). It just sounds so funny, and especially coming from her. And especially since they rarely come here at all, never mind drive here, so they're rarely asked to schlep pizza (or anything else).

Feb 7th 2007

Wonder what you could schlep in a barcalounger?

Feb 7th 2007

barcalounger

It's just so ridiculous, old and kitschy, I like it.

It's such a good visual, too - older man, plaid shorts, white socks, sandals, reclining in a chair. Is every reclining rocker a barcalounger, or is it a brand name? It's like people who call every type of decaf coffee Sanka. Are there people walking into Starbucks saying, "I'll have a Sanka"? By the way, now that I think of it, Sanka is a neat-sounding world, too.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 44
  12. >