Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.15 Phyllis' Wedding
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >
1 to 30 of 480
Feb 6th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 15
  • First aired on February 8, 2007
  • Written by Caroline Williams
  • Directed by Ken Whittingham
  • Northern Attack Recap

The Schrutes have their own traditions. We usually marry standing in our own graves. Makes the funerals very romantic. But the weddings are a bleak affair.

Feb 6th 2007

So people - what are your expectations for Phyllis' Wedding?

Will Kelly propose? Will Roy try and make a go of it with Pam again? Will Pam breakdown and confess something to someone? Will Jim and Karen realise they are not destined to be together when confronted with Bob and Phyllis' real love? Will Creed steal the wedding gifts? Will Kevin eat the cake? Will Dwight and Angela realise it's time for them to get hitched and start procreating for the good of mankind?

Only you can tell me fellow Watercoolers!

Feb 6th 2007

It hit me this morning that there are only seven more episodes left after this one, assuming a 22-ep season. Seven! Then a long summer of waiting and speculating. There had better be some serious plot development at the wedding. We need the following...

• Roy to make a move on Pam
  • Roy to find out about the kiss
  • Jim to dump Karen
  • Pam to make her feelings known to Jim
  • Jim to make his feelings known to himself, then to Pam
  • Scrantonicity to perform at the wedding or some other venue, and
  • Dwight to explain why his grandfather's empty coffin is still in the barn

Start explaining, writers!

Feb 6th 2007

Are you saying Roy needs to find out about "the kiss" as in you have heard he is going to and it just hasn't happened yet, or as in he needs to in order for the Jim/Pam storyline to move forward?

I honestly don't think he needs to know about it, just like I don't think Karen needed to know about it. I was kinda dissapointed as I wanted that moment to be special between them and well "us" the audience.

Feb 6th 2007 edited

Wow only 7 episodes left? What are the writers doing? They really have to pull something out of the bag next week - I can't wait!

Perhaps Pam might confront Jim about why he told Karen about the kiss? And Jim will realise what Karen's been up to, talking to Pam behind his back etc...might not be very happy. I think Jim is resigning himself to Karen right now, because he doesn't think there could be anything better. If he could only get the vibe that Pam does have feelings for him, then maybe he'd be a man and dump Karen.

Although actually in the UK office, when Tim dumped his office fling, it seemed like he was getting jealous and just realised that his heart would always belong to Dawn...

Feb 6th 2007

It hit me this morning that there are only seven more episodes left after this one, assuming a 22-ep season.

I thought I heard over the summer that there were going to be 25 episodes this season. But I'm not 100% sure on that. Anyone know?

More questions for this episode:
* Will Jan show up as Michael's date?
* Will Dwight and Angela attend separately and awkwardly avoid each other the whole time?
* Will we see Stanley's wife Teri and Kevin's fiancee Stacy?
* Will Stanley give Phyllis the toaster he originally bought for Roy and Pam?
* Will the Vance Refrigeration delivery guys be there? (watch the Valentine's Day deleted scenes if you don't know who they are)
* Will there be multiple posts the next day from the guys on this board talking about how hot Pam was in her fancy dress?

I will be shocked - nay, flabbergasted - if there isn't a significant Jim/Pam moment on Thursday.

Feb 6th 2007

I will be shocked - nay, flabbergasted - if there isn't a significant Jim/Pam moment on Thursday.

Did you see the commercial on NBC? All I have to say about it is that if they don't deliver, I'm gonna hunt down the people in the promo department and have a few 'words' with them. Anyone else with me?

Feb 6th 2007

Did you see the commercial on NBC? All I have to say about it is that if they don't deliver, I'm gonna hunt down the people in the promo department and have a few 'words' with them. Anyone else with me?

No, I hate the NBC promo people more than anybody else in the world so I avoid them as much as possible. And it's not just The Office, the ones for Friday Night Lights are just as bad.

Feb 6th 2007

MOD CZJ, I feel the same way. I don't put too much faith in the promos anymore. They are fun to watch but they almost never pan out. I guess it wouldn't be as much fun to watch if every promo was exact. In any case, yes, I'll join the hunting pack. I'll bring the torches. Every angry mob needs torches.

Feb 6th 2007

I am with you. I am seriously sick of all the "will they's" and climatic Jim and Pam moments of the show when in the next week it seems like everything is pretty much reset. Up until last week the story line was tolerable and believable to me and I enjoyed it's pace and development. Ben Franklin just seemed completely and unrealistically streched out. Not that Jim and Pam wouldn't be together at this point, but it was the way in which they were not together, the way characters behaved, made me cringe, but not in the typically good office cringing way. I found myself wishing for more Dwight and Angela moments.

Feb 6th 2007 edited

Sweet, I'll bring a pitchfork.

Edited to add: Clearly, no one has anything to do at work today. I can't keep up with you guys!

Feb 6th 2007 edited

Did anyone else notice the Studio 60 promos were dangerously close to The Office promos premiere in September? They were talking about Harriet and whats-his-name and Jordan and whats-his-name2. The voice over said "we held our breath..." (referring to their respective romances). Isn't that exactly what they said about Jim and Pam? Anyone else remember that? If I'm correct, then NBC needs more creative input. They don't have to use the same line on every NBC show.

Feb 6th 2007

But on the bright side PurseGirl, Studio 60 is going on open-ended hiatus in a month. I'm holding my breath until then.

Feb 6th 2007

All I know is, if half the characters continue to act like pod people, I'm going to be teh pissed.

Feb 6th 2007

I tried to like Studio 60 but it isn't happening. I'd rather watch David Caruso deliver robotic dialogue on CSI Miami.

Feb 6th 2007

I watched the first episode of Studio 60 and liked it, but I've met my quota for shows to be addicted to. The Office, Battlestar Galactica, and Heroes (to a lesser extent).

Feb 6th 2007

I just went and looked up the promos and got all sad because they said it was Valentine's Thursday, which in my mind means next Thursday, and therefore I sadly succeeded in psyching myself out. I'm so glad it's February sweeps so I don't have to wait another week!

As for the promo, that is an extremely ambiguous clip. Pam looks pretty, though.

Feb 6th 2007

Yeah, I gave up on NBC promos for the office last season. The promo for Boys and Girls looked like an epic episode for Jim and Pam, and there was basically just one major scene, and it had no residual effects after that episode. It was a letdown.

Other than that, I have to assume that there is something that must happen. Given the synopsis NBC has given for Cocktails, I'm skeptical as to how much will happen, but the promo can't be completely misleading, can it? From the previews I've seen, this looks to be a classic episode.

Feb 7th 2007

Will Kelly propose?

Oh god, that was funny.

Will there be multiple posts the next day from the guys on this board talking about how hot Pam was in her fancy dress?

Oooh, oooh dress up clothes!! (I feel like Kelly and her "fashion show at work" cheer) Anyway, I almost forgot about the exciting prospect of everyone in non-office clothing (that's because well, I am trying to avoid previews and stuff this time). Anyway, yay!

Feb 7th 2007

Will there be multiple posts the next day from the guys on this board talking about how hot Pam was in her fancy dress?

Why wait? May as well start now. "Wow... That dress was... wow."

(Just to check the quote, I went back and watched The Convict again, and man is Fancy New Beesly extra fancy in that episode. Wow.)

Feb 8th 2007

Thursday now . . . the hardest part about Thursday is the few hours after work and before The Office. I always struggle with a combined feeling of extreme anticipation and -- what is it? It's not exactly guilt; it's more like I feel like a loser cos all I can think about is some stupid television show. I didn't used to be like this. I blame you all.

Feb 8th 2007

I feel the same way, futureboy. Except that extreme anticipation is coupled with anxiety over trying to get both boys in their respective beds in time to watch the show. Normally, the bedtime routine starts at 7. On Thursdays nights, it starts at 6. And the whole time I feel the same "not exactly guilt" feelings over the fact that I'm trying to get my kids to bed so Mommy can drink a glass of wine and watch her favorite show while tuning out the rest of the world.

Feb 8th 2007

futureboy...hehehe

Feb 8th 2007

I have a big paper due tomorrow on which I have plenty of work left to do. Though I will still take time out to watch the episode, I don't think I can afford to hang around here very long tonight. I might allow myself one post worth of impressions, but if I'm still around here more than a few minutes after the episode, someone holler at me. By asking you this, I hope to curtail the temptation...thanks.

Feb 8th 2007 edited

Auggh! This was going to be the first day in weeks that I did not come to NA while at the office (small o), and now... here I am. Posting, even, another rule break.

Except that extreme anticipation is coupled with anxiety over trying to get both boys in their respective beds in time to watch the show. Normally, the bedtime routine starts at 7. On Thursdays nights, it starts at 6. And the whole time I feel the same "not exactly guilt" feelings over the fact that I'm trying to get my kids to bed so Mommy can drink a glass of wine and watch her favorite show while tuning out the rest of the world.

My boys (ages 3 and 5) actually watched "Traveling Salesmen" live with me (never again - even when they're good, they still distract), but watching TV is my reward for getting them to bed on time. I also tape it because I don't like to sit through commercials - even when I fast-forward through them.

Anyway, don't feel guilty - "not exactly" or not - you need your own time, too!

Feb 8th 2007

Full intro.

Feb 8th 2007

Poor Uncle Albert!

Feb 8th 2007

Michael isn't funny.

Feb 8th 2007

Ohhh...Jim...

Feb 8th 2007

No, Pam, no :(.

And Ryan batting the flowers away was too funny.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >