Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.16 Business School
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 306
Feb 11th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 16
  • First aired on February 15, 2007
  • Written by Brent Forrester
  • Directed by Joss Whedon
  • Northern Attack Recap

Whenever I’m about to do something, I think, “Would an idiot do that?” And if they would, I do not do that thing.

Feb 11th 2007

Bring it!

Feb 11th 2007

Looks like it's gonna be a good one...maybe it will make us forget the awkwardness of BF & PW, or at least make sense of it.

Feb 11th 2007

The show has usually done a pretty good job of giving us some light-hearted humor after the heavier episodes. I can't imagine how a loose bat in the office could get too many people upset.

Just have to get through the week...

Feb 12th 2007

Michael giving a speech to 20 year olds, the safety monitors going insane over a bat, and fancy new Beesly... key ingredients for a great episode.

Feb 12th 2007

I'm very excited about Pam's art show, Pam and her art and how it relates to Fancy New Beesley is a storyline with great potential. I'm also curious about the how and why of Ryan asking Michael to speak to his class. Maybe he's doing a project on bad management skills and using Michael as an example without Michael's knowledge.

Feb 12th 2007 edited

Maybe it's like Parent Day, and people in corporate jobs are supposed to bring their bosses to business school. That would be very strange, but it's one possibility, I guess...Yeah, probably not. JLJ has a better explanation.

Feb 12th 2007 edited

JLJ, I love that idea. The comedic potential of that situation is infinite.

Feb 12th 2007

Without being spoilerish, let me just say this ep is going to be fantastic!! Which is good, because I'm still recovering from PW.

Feb 12th 2007

Yeah I'm pumped up for the comedic value of this episode, though I'm afraid to buy into any serious developments on "other" fronts. 22 minutes of funny would be more than enough.

Feb 12th 2007

I agree Brian. In fact I hope there is little to no development on the "other" front. The "other" front needs a break.

Feb 12th 2007

Agree as well. An episode heavy on the funny and low on the angst a la The Injury would be nice this week.

Feb 12th 2007

In fact I hope there is little to no development on the "other" front. The "other" front needs a break.

Until there is no development and then this thread will have 400 posts complaining there was no development! Sigh, people are so hard to please :-)

Feb 12th 2007

In fact I hope there is little to no development on the "other" front. The "other" front needs a break.

Until there is no development and then this thread will have 400 posts complaining there was no development! Sigh, people are so hard to please :-)

I say bring on the development. Mixed Berries is right. Everyone keeps saying that there is one stall tactic after another, and certain things should have happened by this point. Now, it seems that everyone needs a break. Well, I say bring it on. My favorite episodes are the ones have have some movement on the JAMometer, whether it's upward or downward. I just want to see it.

Feb 14th 2007

Maybe Ryan invites Michael for the same reason Jim invited Dwight to his party. His classmates don't believe Michael actually exists.

Feb 14th 2007

Some of us know why Ryan invites Michael, and it all makes sense.

Feb 14th 2007

Remember in The Fire, when Michael asked Ryan to quiz him on business so Ryan asked him some academic questions that Michael had no clue how to answer? I can see something similar happening here, Michael's ego will be out of control, thinking he's being asked to speak because he's such an expert on business and management, but he will end up looking like a fool.

Feb 14th 2007 edited

I concur.

I have never complained about episodes that have no JAM. And I would be fine if there is none tomorrow. You can mark this post if you want to. :-)

I can't promise I won't complain about Roy though...

Feb 15th 2007

One of my friends who lives a couple hours away from me just called to tell me that his NBC station had pushed back the Thursday night block to something ridiculous like 3AM in order to show the Purdue-Indiana basketball game that got delayed this week thanks to our recent blizzard. Needless to say I was relieved to find that such was not the case for me. whew.

Feb 15th 2007

Cold open: Aw, now that ain't right.

Feb 15th 2007

live comment: nooooooooooo!

Feb 15th 2007

Nice "moving on" line though. Felt right.

The college guy wasn't miked, we shouldn't have been able to hear "Dude". Come on, give the conceit some love.

Feb 15th 2007

"No f-ing way!" was my reaction to Pam's talking head.

Other than that though, I was completely LOL.

(No f-ing way!)

Feb 15th 2007

Pardon my French but WTF PAM!!!!! Heart. broken.

Feb 15th 2007

Good ep.

Feb 15th 2007

With every fiber of my being I was sure that it was going to be Jim who showed up to Pam's art show instead of Michael.

But that turned out to be a very sweet and a little tear jerking scene.

Feb 15th 2007 edited

theory...Jim/Karen & Pam/Roy together until May. Pam confesses love, JIm isn't sure...cliffhanger.

Feb 15th 2007

For the second time this season, we expect to see Jim approach Pam in her time of need, and it... isn't Jim.

Great episode. The bat stuff had me laughing the entire time. Hopefully Ryan's relocation will have Jim moving back to his old desk. More later I'm sure.

Feb 15th 2007
  • Good to see Roy's dark side.
  • Good to see an overarching structure, parallels, etc.
  • Kelly was great in this one.
  • Creed called Meredith "Marybeth." I did that in a haiku once. Weird.
  • I need to rewatch to sort out some of the business school stuff. Couldn't hear.
  • Ebony tower.
  • "Your art was the best art of all the art that was there" - nice.
  • Poor Pam.
Feb 15th 2007

The plastic bag over Meredith's head? I think that made me laugh the loudest.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 306
Top of PageBack to discussions