Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Five Bucks, And It Was Worth It: Jim's Pranks on Dwight
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 191
Feb 16th 2007

Sometimes I sit back in awe of Jim's genius in pranking Dwight. Sure, Dwight is full of himself and highly gullible and easily seduced by the supernatural, but not everyone can pull a prank on Dwight with the flair Jim has. And just when you think he can never top himself, Jim cooks up another fiendishly brilliant prank for the ages.

So, your favorite? After last night, I think Vampire Jim has to be up there with Future Dwight and Telekinetic Jim. The careful attention to detail, such as the garlic bread, and the popped collar of his jacket, elevates the prank to art.

Let's hear your favorites.

Feb 16th 2007 edited

Well, the ones you just mentioned are defintely my top 3, but I've got some more:

• Dwight's stuff in the vending machine
  • Secret Agent Schrute (admittedly, Pam did most of the work, but Jim finished it off)
  • Nickels in Dwight's phone (even though we never actually saw it)
Feb 16th 2007

Exercise-ball popping. Quick and funny. TWSS.

Feb 16th 2007

Vending machine is the best. That prank transcends Dwight and would have worked for any victim. Nickels in the handset also required careful, long-term planning and persistence.

Feb 16th 2007

He possibly topped himself last night with the vampire bit. Despite the pranks I think deep down, very deep down, they almost have a close relationship.

Feb 16th 2007

Oh, I almost forgot a great tie-in. Where do you think Jim got that bag of nickels he gave Dwight so he could buy his wallet from the vending machine?

Feb 16th 2007 edited
  • The vending machine
  • Dwight's desk in the bathroom. Because not only did Jim put the desk in the bathroom, he hooked everything back up.
  • Two we unfortunately only heard about, 1) the inspiration for this thread title, and 2) telling him about the dead baby in the women's room so he ran in and saw Meredith on the can
Feb 16th 2007

The vending machine will always be my sentimental fave as it was the first eps I saw but I found pavlov-dwight with the computer restart and the altoids to be particularly inspired.

Feb 16th 2007 edited

I don't know if this qualifies as a prank, but I loved it when Jim and Dwight went on the sales call together in Traveling Salesman, and Jim hit the brakes so Dwight bumped his head on the head rest.

Jul 18th 2007

Does Jim stealing Dwight's purple belt count as a prank? That scene is probably one of my favorite Jim-Dwight scenes ever.

"And it absolutely is a toy...arigato."

Jul 18th 2007

The way he slowly produces the belt as he says "someone will steal it" gets me every time. It's like a magic trick.

Jul 18th 2007

Right - TRBF - it's the little things in that scene that get me. John and Rainn do such a good job with the exchange and then John pulls out the belt with that line, and Rainn's reaction is so great...gah, it just cracks me up every time I see it.

Jul 18th 2007

I also love that Dwight, even though he is mad at Jim still responds back with "Arigato"

Jul 18th 2007 edited

For your viewing pleasure, 1:25 mark. Arigato.

Jul 19th 2007

Clearly I am partial to the Jim as Dwight scene. It's so rewatchable. And still hilarious.

"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." His Dwight-on tone - awesome.

Future Dwight, desk in the bathroom (and yes, it's so much funnier because of the pc and phone being hooked back up!) and then vending machine are also up there.

Oct 9th 2007

Cross-posted . . .

Jim and Pam are TOGETHER... they should be pranking Dwight to the fullest extent!

This is true, and if there's one disappointment I've had so far this season, it's that Jim & Pam haven't found time in their busy schedule of ogling each other to make Dwight and/or Andy's life miserable.

My favorite pranks (that we actually see, anyway) are probably when Jim puts all of Dwight's stuff in the vending machine in "Booze Cruise", and Phone in Ceiling.

Oct 9th 2007

The Pavlovian training with Altoids. I can't hear someone's computer shut down without thinking of that and smiling.

Oct 9th 2007

That's a good one. Is it from "Phyllis' Wedding"? Probably why I forgot it.

Oct 10th 2007

DwightfromtheFuture, thank you for being so nice about the other discussion i tried to start. i totally should have looked to check before i just started it :) I used to go to a bunch of x-files message boards and started a lot of threads---but it seems more organized here :)

Seriously, I am hoping for some serious pranking soon. they can't leave us in the lurch like this.

I have to say... my favorite prank... jim conditioning dwight to salivate for an altoid at the sound of the computer. so diabolical...so beautiful.

Oct 10th 2007

I like the phone in the ceiling. Those false acoustical ceilings have to be good for something! But mostly it's the way that every single person went along with it.

Oct 10th 2007 edited

Not a prank per se, but I love this Jim/Dwight exchange from Michael's Birthday, after Jim gets back from Rite-Aid:

Dwight: Where have you been? And don't say the bathroom, 'cause I kicked in all the stalls.
Jim: Well that's an invasion of privacy, so, I'm going to tell Michael.
Dwight: Please, don't.
Jim: You... owe me.

So Jim disappears for a couple hours without telling anyone, gets called out by Dwight, and within 15 seconds flips it around to the point where Dwight owes him. Brilliant.

Oct 10th 2007

So Jim disappears for a couple hours without telling anyone, gets called out by Dwight, and within 15 seconds flips it around to the point where Dwight owes him. Brilliant.

Excellent observation, AMJ. You know, it's a good thing Jim chooses to use his powers for good and not evil... (mostly.)

Jan 23rd 2008 edited

Rewatching The Fight now. I absolutely love the cold open prank with the best part being Jim calling for a price check and Dwight not even thinking that it is part of the prank.

It would definitely be in my top 5 pranks.

Jan 23rd 2008 edited

I absolutely love the cold open prank with the best part being Jim calling for a price check and Dwight not even thinking that it is part of the prank.

That is my favorite part of that prank. And Dwight just answering the phone, so routinely, like answering the phone in the bathroom is just not weird. I guess that speaks to how seriously Dwight takes his job, that he can be freaking out in one minute about where his desk is, and then go back to being Captain Paper in the next.

Jan 23rd 2008

It's my personal favorite prank too. The "hot or cold" game just kills me.

Jan 23rd 2008

The original "stapler in jello" makes me laugh because Jim is eating jello while denying responsibility.

Jan 23rd 2008

I always thought Dwight's stuff in the vending machine was my favorite, but I think now I have to go with the Cold Open from The Fight.

The warmer-colder thing was perfect. But the funniest part was, Dwight doesn't even seem to think it's weird that his desk is in the men's john! And, of course, the price check was perfect.

Very funny stuff.

Jan 23rd 2008

The fact that he put everything in the bathroom was great. The fact that he hooked everything back up is what makes it the best.

Jan 23rd 2008

Another golden moment: When Kevin walks out of the stall with the candle, his jacket over his arm and a newspaper. Oh, and "wash your hands Kevin". Comedy just doesn't get any better than that cold open.

Jan 23rd 2008

When Kevin walks out of the stall with the candle, his jacket over his arm and a newspaper.

Actually, that reminds me of a 'Tirade' I almost posted the other day, but got distracted.

I went into the Men's Room at work and someone had just "pulled a Kevin", if you know what I mean.

C'mon, guys! They put a can of air freshener in there for a reason!

Jeez!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 191
Top of PageBack to discussions