Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.17 Cocktails
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 26
  12. >
1 to 30 of 779
Feb 20th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 17
  • First aired on February 22, 2007
  • Written by Paul Lieberstein
  • Directed by J.J. Abrams
  • Northern Attack Recap

I am taking a calculated risk. What’s the upside? I overcome my nausea, fall deeply in love, babies, normalcy, no more self-loathing. Downside, I date Michael Scott publicly and collapse into myself like a dying star.

Feb 20th 2007 edited

I hope this episode is good, we all need something to talk about for a while, since the next few weeks will be reruns. For some reason, I have a feeling that it will be a memorable one.

Feb 20th 2007

I can't believe we haven't seen everyone go out for drinks after work yet, since it's a pretty common thing in offices, from what I've seen. This should be good.

Feb 20th 2007

So I can get this out of the way now, how hot does Jan look in the NBC promos? Wow.

Feb 20th 2007

I'm thinking about changing my screen name to Dump Roy Again. But that would be confusing, cos there's already another Dump Roy. Maybe I should change it to Throttle Roy with a Piece of Garotting Wire and Impale Him on a Pollaxe.

Feb 20th 2007

Maybe I should change it to Throttle Roy with a Piece of Garotting Wire and Impale Him on a Pollaxe.

It already takes a little while to type the name you have, DwightfromtheFuture, but I guess we could call you Throttle for short.

Feb 20th 2007

I advocate a short screen name.

Feb 20th 2007

I am so excited for this episode that I've been doing a little dance in my head the last two days. Is that weird and/or strange? Probably. But I don't care!!!

Feb 22nd 2007

I just had an idea!

Perhaps in this episode, while Jan and Michael are 'making it official', it becomes clear that Karen and Jim really should declare their relationship - after all he is her superior.

But they don't (because Jim doesn't want the officialness that comes with that). And either:

• somehow (I'm guessing Michael) the CFO finds out about their undeclared relationship and Karen gets fired... or
  • Karen realises why Jim doesn't want to declare it and dumps him...

Thoughts anyone?

Feb 22nd 2007

I don't know if that's what'll happen, but it sounds good and I very much would like it to be true.

Feb 22nd 2007

On Office Tally they are talking about maybe Pam drunkenly admitting to Roy at Happy Hour that she called off the wedding because of Jim. They predict that Roy will go mental and Pam will ring Jim to warn him, then Karen will get all jealous and dump Jim...starting to sound like an episode of Sunset Beach right?

I thought my guess was slightly more in keeping with the show's realism and context...

Feb 22nd 2007

Of course, there's always the chance Miss Fancy Drunk Beesly can slip and call Roy "Jim." Which would probably make it pretty clear to Roy...and to herself. (Not to mention all the other co-workers at happy hour.)

Feb 22nd 2007

I just so want Pam to see in Roy what WE all see in Roy. If I could have that, everything else would just be icing.

Of course, who doesn't enjoy the looks on Jan's face when she is stuggling with despising and caring for Michael at the same time. You can be guaranteed a boat load of that tonight.

Feb 22nd 2007

Maybe I should change it to Throttle Roy with a Piece of Garotting Wire and Impale Him on a Pollaxe.

It already takes a little while to type the name you have, DwightfromtheFuture, but I guess we could call you Throttle for short.

I would be totally willing to type out Throttle Roy with a Piece of Garotting Wire and Impale Him on a Pollaxe each and every time I address DwightfromtheFuture if he goes for the name change.

Feb 22nd 2007

I'll be racing home from dropping a sorority sister off at the airport to make it back by 8:30 tonight...might have to break few dozen traffic laws, but it'll be totally worth it.

I was reading a fanfic that was based on speculation about the episode, and they made Karen's ex a woman...now THAT would make for an interesting episode.

Feb 22nd 2007

there's always the chance Miss Fancy Drunk Beesly can slip and call Roy "Jim."

I think that's the very definition of a "Freudian slip." Could get crazy tonight...

Feb 22nd 2007

What if Michael called Jan "Carol"?....

Paradox ;-)

Feb 22nd 2007

Interesting, T-HPJ. Any chance there could be a Dwangela-outing tonight as well? Heck, let's just get it all out in the open!

Feb 22nd 2007

Heck, let's just get it all out in the open!

I think this is an excellent idea. Like a band aid. Right off!!!

Feb 22nd 2007

I have to respect how long the show has gone without hitting the inevitable episode where the Dwangela secret is revealed. Secret relationships don't have very long shelf lifes in sit-coms, and this one has been locked down for well over a season.

Feb 22nd 2007

Secret relationships don't have very long shelf lifes in sit-coms, and this one has been locked down for well over a season.

I almost hope Dwangela is secret forever...there's just something very normal (well...normal for them) & refreshing about their romance.

Feb 22nd 2007

I honestly think they'll never be found out, even though my previous comment may sound otherwise. To Dwangela!

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Where are you Nathan? It's the first commercial break and you should be commenting by now!

eta Jan is hillarious so far.

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Redacted. Roy's just nuts. Yay! :)

Feb 22nd 2007

So... Roy's reaction... that felt forced.

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Oh my God! What kind of a cliffhanger was that??? This is a COMEDY! I'm sorry but Holy Sh!t!

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Oh, now I can't wait for whenever new episode is. I've got $5 on a Halpert KO in the third round.

Feb 22nd 2007

OMG! I dropped my mouth right after Roy threw the first glass and stayed like that until the very last second...my mouth was so dry that it hurt to swallow until Scrubs came on. What is going on in Scranton??? Whatever it is....I love it! F.Y.I. I just got my I Heart Jim t-shirt in the mail from NBC....totally fitting that I got it right after this episode, he needs a little love in his life, as long as it's not from Karen. I'm suprised Karen wasn't upset after Jim seriously asked her if she had dated every guy at the party that night. Even though she was kidding, the point that he believed her and he said that, I thought she would be pissed that he saw her as a tramp, maybe it's just me.

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Hi, longtime lurker, first time poster...

I enjoyed the heck out of Dwight in this episode. The rocking chair was hysterical.

On my thoughts regarding Pam and Roy...I felt that Roy overreacted just a bit. Not sure if he's just a bad actor, but it just wasn't believable to me. Yes he would be upset about it, but throwing bottles, that's a little much.

I do however fear for poor Jim's life. Roy is gonna beat him to a pulp!

edited for spelling :P

Feb 22nd 2007

Hey Skiminims, you could be right but he's just doing what the writers told him to it's not like he just decided to throw a bottle.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 26
  12. >