Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
These are a few of my favorite threads...
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 158
Feb 21st 2007

I'm curious - are there Northern Attack threads you:
love to read?
never read?
look for updates first?

Feb 21st 2007

As a rule, I avoid threads in which I've just said something inflammatory for a day or so afterward, in case people are lambasting me. This of course almost never happens, so I don't know why it worries me so much.

Other than that, I like the favorite words thread, the tirade thread, the various music threads, and the episode threads, though being a west coaster I'm always six to eight pages behind by the time the episode ends.

Feb 21st 2007

I just don't read the spoilers. The Haikus and games are awesome

Feb 21st 2007

Well, the obvious answer for me is the episode threads, since that's why I started coming to this site. I also enjoy pretty much any of the music threads. Unfortunately there are a lot of intimidatingly long threads that I haven't even tried to start keeping up with yet.

Feb 21st 2007

I used to heavily favor the haiku thread, and I've always been partial to the pretzel/tirade threads. Then someone went and brought up their OCD about reading all the posts until they're highlighted as read. Now I'm obsessive. I log on and read every lightly shaded thread until they're all the same color. I can't leave until I've read them all. This used to be a whimsical diversion. Now it's an obsessive addiction. I haven't missed a single post on here since summer I think, and that includes taking a week off for my son's birth and still finding time to go back and read all that I missed.

In short, they're all my favorites now.

But the book club and origami doves craftiness threads are less my cup of tea than most.

Feb 21st 2007

I don't read the music threads, mostly because I am completely current music clueless and they don't make any sense to me. Or the spoilers. Or the media stuff, again mostly because I don't watch enough movies or TV to follow it.

I am perfectly capable of leaving threads white. If some weren't white, I wouldn't be able to see the contrast from far away, which means that I wouldn't be able to tell from across the kitchen if hitting refresh was productive or not. (I usually hit refresh and then go attend to baby in the high chair.)

Feb 21st 2007

When I first learned of The Watercooler, I popped in and out on occasion just to see what was happening. Later, since I often wasn't able to see episodes when they first aired, I'd come read the ep threads to get the jist of what had happened, before I was able to see the show for myself (I'm on a dreadful dial-up connection, so downloading and/or online viewing must, of necessity, take place elsewhere).

Recently I morphed into a full-on forum addict, and I've been catching up on back threads. I'm compelled to read the entire content of a thread before I'll even think about posting myself, so it's slow-going. I'm up-to-date on most of the active threads now. The Haiku one has been overly daunting thus far, but it's the last major one to tackle, so I'm gearing up.

That said, I like reading the "other shows" and episode threads a lot, but I'm a sufferer of the "read 'em all" obsession, so favorites don't factor in too much.

Feb 21st 2007

I click on each one to darken it, but don't read them all. I'll open Spoilers and immediately close it or click back. You don't have read everything, Brian, it'll be ok.

Feb 21st 2007

You say that, 2CTC, but you don't know that.

Feb 21st 2007

Maybe DwightfromtheFuture can reassure us all.

Feb 21st 2007 edited

You say that, 2CTC, but you don't know that.

Well, she knew about the earpods. She told me not to worry about switching ears, so I didn't, and I don't have a weird earpod infection yet, knock on wood. I think she just knows things.

edit: I think it's all of her Wikipedia knowledge coming into play here. Who said the Internet is a useless time waster?

Feb 21st 2007

I don't know! Hold on; I'll look it up.

Feb 21st 2007

79,100 hits

Feb 21st 2007

I used to read everything posted in all threads. But I don't have time for that anymore, so now I'm mostly just reading the threads directly related to The Office, ie: Episode threads, character threads, mistakes etc. If I have a bit more time, I'll drop in on the Pretzel and Tirade threads, and I really enjoy the Question thread too. Other than that, I'll just peek at whatever feel good at the time!

Feb 22nd 2007

I'm mostly just reading the threads directly related to The Office...

Me, too, although I do take a look at the "other shows" thread now and again. I go first to the episode threads.

And I go second to Haiku thread. I am absolutely in love with that thread, if one can be in love with a thread. The creativity there is wonderful! I have tried my hand at a couple, but feel that they were sort of half-baked in comparison to what I read there. So even though I'm kind of intimidated about posting haikus, that didn't keep me from throwing them up there (pun intended). So a heartfelt thank you to those of you that post fabulous haikus!

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Urkel...grue: c'mon back and throw up some more. You'll feel better.

Threads: I kinda like the Haiku one too. Ok, it's my vacation home. From there: mostly the non-episode/character threads but I check out most of 'em.

edit: except for spoilers/speculation threads, of course. Though I do wonder if they're really as awesome as the cool kids say, I like to keep my pre-episode mind clean.

Feb 22nd 2007

I really don't care for the thread about the Underpants Gnomes. If there was one...I'm just saying.

Feb 22nd 2007

The creativity there is wonderful! I have tried my hand at a couple, but feel that they were sort of half-baked in comparison to what I read there.

I often feel the same way about my own, but it's pretty obvious I don't let that stop me.

I really don't care for the thread about the Underpants Gnomes. If there was one...I'm just saying.

I give it until noon EST before someone starts one.

Feb 22nd 2007

well if someone had a thread they had been thinking of starting they could at least call it underpants gnomes for a day or two. gnome sayin?

Feb 22nd 2007

I am hoping the gnomes visit me. I need everything thrown away and replaced. Are there underpants fairies, too? TMI?

Feb 22nd 2007

And if there are underpants fairies, would one leave the underpants they want replaced under their pillow? Now that really is TMI.

Feb 22nd 2007

I would start the Underpants Gnome thread, but I'm terrified to post threads for fear of being shut down and publicly embarassed. The only thread I ever started was about Harry Potter, and I only felt okay about it because KarenM thought it was a good idea, too. We may even have had a mod's permission, I don't remember.

Feb 22nd 2007

Oh, I almost forgot about the HP thread! (Ok, I did forget about it.) Not too long until we'll have a lot to say in that thread!

My fav threads are:

The episode threads (even though I'm always a day behind)
Pretzel Day thread
Speculation thread
Spoiler thread (sometimes...)

I am intimidated by the Haiku thread.

Feb 22nd 2007

Yeah, I fear the haiku thread, partially because I'm crap at haiku. I read it, but I generally don't post much, and not very well. I did write a sonnet a few months back while baking pumpkin bread. That's more my speed.

I also avoid the God thread, because my views on God are vehement, divisive, and not subject to change.

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Although my views on God are the same as described above, I refrain from posting in the God thread because I do not feel like I deserve to make comments. It feels fraudish. All I got is theory and my not-even-horrible Catholic upbringing for perspective. It's not something I've pondered and it's not something I'm that interested in. But I do read it because I want to learn what interests other people.

I wax and wane about the Haiku thread. I have to be truly inspired to write one and even then I don't feel that clever these days. I wonder sometimes if I peaked in college and am just sliding down the hill to ordinary as I get older, where I meet people who spared themselves the trouble and turned out fine in most cases.

This is not quite a tirade, so I am leaving it.

Feb 22nd 2007

I don't even read the God thread, because I'm also easily provoked into saying unfortunate things. I click into it so it won't be white all the time, but other than that, I content myself with other stuff.

And now I'm going to stop talking about it.

Feb 22nd 2007

omigosh.

but I'm terrified to post threads for fear of being shut down and publicly embarassed.

Public embarrassment I know how to handle, unfortunately. But I did not know of the possibility of being shut down. So how does that work? Is there a moderator in the house who can explain?

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

If a thread is redundant or something, a mod will just (very politely) point the way to the relevant thread and close the one you've started. It's not really that embarassing, I don't know why I have such a fear of it.

Here is an example of what that looks like. They don't always have so many exclamation points, though.

Feb 22nd 2007 edited

Because the words "started by" and "closed" appear so prominently on the page. And then you have to watch it slowly slip down the page like a one-hit wonder single release. And even when it gets to the second page, you stumble upon it again when you think you've forgotten all about it because you are looking for a necessary but infrequently used thread like the Harry Potter one or the Dreams one. And the shame comes back.

Add to that the fear that someone will, from the future (I mean, in the future), use you as an object lesson.

Feb 22nd 2007

What Karen said.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 158
Top of PageBack to discussions