Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Cookies, brownies - same category: Office Food
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 166
  5. 167
  6. 168
  7. 169
  8. 170
  9. 171
  10. 172
  11. 173
  12. ...
  13. 176
  14. >
5071 to 5100 of 5263
Aug 24th 2012

Yeah, like cats. They aren't that great. They're pretty good, as pets go. But they aren't the best animal ever or anything.

I like pretending to really, really, really like bacon, though. In life, I'll eat it on a burger a couple of times a month, maybe. Truthfully, I don't especially like it.

Aug 24th 2012

I love, love bacon with pancakes or waffles, but I hate, hate the way it makes my house smell when I cook it. The lingering smell, that is. I don't mind when it's cooking.

Aug 24th 2012

Chicken fried bacon sounds, well, delightful! But then, so does chicken fried ice cream.

Aug 24th 2012

So does chicken fried chicken

Question...is it wrong to feed chicken to chickens? We feed our chickens table scraps, and often there will be chicken in there. My wife thinks it's wrong.

Aug 24th 2012

There really is something wrong with that. I'm not sure what it is, but something tells me it's wrong. Isn't it?

Aug 24th 2012

Our chickens eat chicken sometimes. Usually not any chickens they knew, though. They also eat egg scraps, like the stuff that sticks to the pan with scrambled eggs.

One Thanksgiving, we put the turkey carcass out with the chickens. They went to town on that thing.

Aug 24th 2012

I don't think I'd want to feed chicken to chickens. It feels wrong. I don't know about eggs. Turkey's fair game.

I'd eat chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken. I guess I'd eat chicken fried bacon, but I've never heard of it before today.

You guys are talking about "country fried steak" and "country fried chicken," right?

Aug 24th 2012

Usually not any chickens they knew, though.

Is this an important distinction?

Aug 24th 2012

Long day, super tired, awesome conversation here. I heart you guys.

Aug 24th 2012

Is this an important distinction?

I think so. I certainly wouldn't want to eat anyone I know, would you? I mean, you know where they've been...

"Have a little priest?" /sung in my best Angela Lansbury

Aug 24th 2012

Adding to the great chicken debate:

The chicken breasts I have in the freezer belonged to a walking, squawking chicken not four days ago. That might not be impressive to some of you country folk, but I think it's amazing that I know exactly how old the chicken in my freezer is...

Dec 2nd 2012

Bri Nov 4th 2010
I haven't tried the Double Down yet. It's healthier by most measures than a Big Mac, for what it's worth.

Just to update you guys (and I apologize for keeping you waiting so long), I had one today. It was alright. They made it to order. I don't know if that's normal or if they just didn't have any ready, but it was piping hot, too hot to really enjoy. Not bad at all otherwise, though.

Dec 2nd 2012

Progress! I still haven't had one. Our KFC closed a few years ago.

Feb 17th 2013

Anyone ever try going gluten-free? What about the paleo diet? Someone say something positive and reassuring. I'm about to embark on three weeks without gluten or dairy. I've had some joint pain, and as bad as the above menu might sound, the pharmaceutical alternative sounds a jillion times worse.

Feb 17th 2013

Not a fan of either. But worth a try I guess if nothing has worked.

Feb 17th 2013

Those diets do make sense to me. For hundreds of thousands of years, the human stomach has adapted to eat raw veggies, cooked meat, fruit and nuts. Then in the last couple thousand years, we are eating grains and processed foods. A lot of people can live on that, but it may not be ideal.

Feb 18th 2013

Maybe also cut out the KFC Double Downs?

Feb 18th 2013

A good friend of mine went gluten-free when he was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and didn't want to face life on meds. It made a world of difference for him. He's learned to manage the diet--it's not easy, as so many things contain gluten. It's helped him maintain a healthy weight, as well. He's never been obese, but has struggled at times to maintain his ideal weight, and this adjustment to his diet has changed a lot of things for him. He's not on meds for RA, (which can be brutal), and his weight has stabilized.

Feb 18th 2013 edited

That's very good to hear, VG. I'm seeing a doc today for that reason, but it looks like RA, and the meds do sound brutal. I read that while only three million. Americans have celiac, the number of those with gluten sensitivity is around 18 million. And that was from an article critical of the gluten-free craze (mainly because it's also popular among those with eating disorders). I think it can only benefit me to stick with lean meats and vegetables. I don't think I could go full Paleo because I'd miss things like beans and peanut butter. I'm fohng this on a three-week trial on the advice of a friend who's a practicing naturopath. If I have to go with the meds it won't be for lack of trying everything else first.

Feb 18th 2013

Good luck to you. I think you'll find that a change in diet makes a profound difference. I never gave much credence to diet related symptoms, but I've made a complete 180 with regard to that thinking in the past couple of years. Please, keep us updated on how things are going.

Feb 18th 2013

Watch any of the documentaries that abound on Netflix about food; some good ones:

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Food, Inc. Forks over Knives

Some urge you to go with an almost wholly plant-based diet, which some call extreme (and admittedly is going a bit too far for me; I mean seriously, I had Girl Scout Cookies for dinner last night), bur I love the MD's response to the accusation that eating a plant-based diet is "extreme"...

(Paraphrasing here...) When you have to have your heart repaired, you go under anasthesia, have a leg cut open to extract healthy veins, then have your chest cut in half and your heart cut open as well. I'd call that "extreme".

Heh. Good one, because of true.

Mar 1st 2013 edited

I just tried fish tacos for the first time. Pretty good, though I made them myself, partly with available leftovers. Keep in mind I'm currently gluten-, dairy-, and nightshade-free. Also, it's a Friday during Lent, and I'm Catholic.

So I baked a salmon filet and put bits of it on small corn tortillas with seasoned couscous, chopped spinach and tartar sauce. Dessert was fried plantains. And I washed it down with a glass of Shiraz.

This dinner brought to you by me being home alone with a 4-month-old.

Mar 1st 2013

Nightshade free? Blashphemy.

Mar 1st 2013

It's temporary. Unless it works. I miss the hot sauce that was my secret ingredient. In everything I ate.

Mar 1st 2013

I don't know what a nightshade is.

Mar 1st 2013

I guess I don't either, because I totally read that as "lampshade" and thought it was odd that Bri was drinking wine.

Mar 1st 2013

Tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant and 2,797 other species of plants that are thought to trigger inflammation in people with heightened sensitivity to the mild toxin that occurs naturally in them as a defense mechanism.

Mar 1st 2013

Huh. That's a weird classification. Why do they call them that? I hadn't realized that potatoes and tomatoes were grouped in any way.

Mar 1st 2013

That's what I said. I'd never heard of them until two or three weeks ago. When I was a kid my mom would heat up a can of stewed tomatoes and bake some potatoes and cut them up and pour the tomatoes over them. I thought it was the worst food ever. She and my dad thought it was a treat. All I really miss is the peppers, especially the hot kind.

Mar 1st 2013

I thought it was the worst food ever.

It sounds super gross. I mean, maybe not gross, really...but not especially good.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 166
  5. 167
  6. 168
  7. 169
  8. 170
  9. 171
  10. 172
  11. 173
  12. ...