Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Cookies, brownies - same category: Office Food
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176
  13. >
5131 to 5160 of 5263
Jun 11th 2013

Heh. I think I would have enjoyed THAT conversation.

Jun 11th 2013

cubed ham, cubed cheddar

So, meat and cheese dressing then?

I love iceberg with creamy blue cheese dressing. Otherwise it's field greens with creamy balsamic for me. Too much else in it and why bother have salad?

Jun 11th 2013

I also love vinegar, which supports Toosie's theory.

Jun 11th 2013

I had the BEST wedge salad last week. A big old chunk of iceberg slathered in a bacon-tomato-roquefort dressing. To. Die. For.

Jun 11th 2013

I thought vinegar was for old people. But I freakin' love it.

Yesh. I can eat salad with just oil and vinegar. And all good German foods are drenched in vinegar. Like awesome potato salad that my aunts make.

Jun 11th 2013

So, meat and cheese dressing then?

This. Lettuce by itself, not so much.

Heh...heh...pepperoni pounder. (can't wait to tell Mr. A that there's a pizza with that name)

Jun 11th 2013

(can't wait to tell Mr. A that there's a pizza with that name)

Response: "Ask Toosie how many inches of pepperoni is in a pound. Also, ask her if they substitute hard salami instead."

Jun 11th 2013

They obviously liked the name more than they liked selling a pound of pepperoni. There was only half a pound of meat and a quarter pound of cheese.

"Ask Toosie how many inches of pepperoni is in a pound. Also, ask her if they substitute hard salami instead."

It wasn't even especially all that much pepperoni! It looked like a regular pizza to me. But I'll be sure ask them about hard salami next time - we go up there about once every week or two. Oh, but I won't if I get the 16-year-old waiter. That would not be cool.

Jun 12th 2013

I also love vinegar, which supports Toosie's theory.

Yup. Me, too. Old fart here.

My fav salad is field greens with pecans, dried cranberries and goat cheese, dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.

Nothing wrong with a pound of pepperoni, but you need to get the full pound, Toosie. You're right, a 16 yr old just wouldn't do.

Jun 12th 2013

I'm not strong enough of a person to just try vinegar with food, like for recipes or whatever. Besides I can't really cook... I've just been noticing that whenever something is really good to me, it is vinegary.

I don't know who I should ask there. Last night we were talking about being seated in the conservatory or on the mezzanine and the two high-school girls looked at us like we were crazy.

Oh! I just realized the girl to ask. She's really funny and smart and always gets our jokes. I'll ask her Mr. A's questions about the pepperoni pounder the next time I see her.

Jun 12th 2013 edited

Be sure to tell her that you're asking about pepperoni pounders not for you, but for Mike Hunt.

Jun 12th 2013

I think Mike prefers the hard salami.

Jun 22nd 2013

Hey, gb. I went down to Charlotte yesterday and on the way stopped for Taco Bell. It was slimey and perfectly disgusting. I got a cherry pepsi and thought of you.

Thought you might want to know.

Jun 22nd 2013

In other news, it's midnight and I'm up, talking about tacos on the internet.

OH! I know why! I had a Dr. Pepper and another Wild Cherry Pepsi today. Like, at 6:00. I practically never have caffeine and have had 5 drinks in the past 2 days.

No, wait. One of those drinks was apple juice. We went to a health food store before our concert last night.

The guy at the bar gave me my drink chip when we got there, but neither me nor my friend drink, so we went down the street. For some sort of joke, because it was a pirate-themed bar, I suppose, I put the chip between my teeth and chomped on it.

Then I realized that some random dude had just handed me a wooden disc that I put in my mouth. So, yeah, lots of good decisions were made last night.

I also asked that same guy what would happen if I had a fake ID. He told me I wasn't getting off to a good start. Then he asked me for the admission charge and I said I had paid online and he didn't check against any list. He just said OK and winked.

(I really did pay online.)

Jun 23rd 2013

Then I realized that some random dude had just handed me a wooden disc that I put in my mouth. So, yeah, lots of good decisions were made last night.

If that's as bad as your decisions get on your wild and crazy nights, I think you're going to be just fine.

Jun 23rd 2013

If that's the worst thing a random guy puts in your mouth you're also OK.

Jun 23rd 2013

Hahaha. I don't remember where the chip got to. I think it might be in my laundry now. I didn't turn it in... I didn't get apple juice from the bar. And, I didn't smuggle it in, either. I drank it outside. Loitering.

Like a BAMF.

(I'm still not tough enough to spell that out. I'm a lady, sirs.)

Jun 23rd 2013

That's not it, you're just too lazy. You're a LAMF.

Jun 23rd 2013

I think he would have gotten angry with me if I tried to bring juice in. Maybe not. They don't sell juice. It's not like I would have been smuggling in something they sold, you know?

Actually, it was a pirate-themed place... maybe they'd encourage breaking rules?

Jun 24th 2013

Hey, gb. I went down to Charlotte yesterday and on the way stopped for Taco Bell. It was slimey and perfectly disgusting. I got a cherry pepsi and thought of you.

Thought you might want to know.

I do want to know. You're the man, Toos (colloquially). I'm glad your night ended in such huge success.

Jun 26th 2013

OMG you guys this asada that I just made was super good. And I have like nine meals' worth left.

Jun 26th 2013

Yay! Also, is that an invite to dinner? Because I've never had asada. Does it have refried beans in it?

Jun 26th 2013 edited

It's a Mexican way of preparing flank steak. You marinade it in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, minced jalapeno, some citruses of your choice, salt, pepper, and some cilantro. (Or basil instead of cilantro, since it tastes like soap to me.) Let it sit for two to six hours, then cook it on a medium-to-hot grill for between ten and thirty minutes, depending on how you want the middle. Make sure the grill is hot before you dump the meat on, because it's best if it's a little seared on the outside.

Before it gets past medium, you take it off the grill and cut it at a diagonal to the grain in very, very, very thin strips. The thinner the better. This is the asada -- the thin cut steak. Then you can do what you want with it. Tonight I had it with some refried beans, sour cream, hot sauce, and tortillas. It's the kind of thing you could get in a burrito, or at a hot plate place with corn tortillas. I also made some pico de gallo, though it didn't turn out perfectly b/c I forgot to buy a serrano chili and had to use cayenne / crushed red pepper to substitute.

Also! Saaaaaaaaalllllllt. I've made an effort to reduce the salt in my diet lately, but Mexican food is nothing without a lot of salt. All part of the 1001 reasons why you should not eat it all that often.

FURTHERMORE! If you want the tortillas to be awesome, do a flash steam over a hot pan with less than a finger of water in it. I mean flash steam -- less than ten seconds on a side. If you're using corn tortillas, you've got a wee bit more leeway.

Jun 27th 2013 edited

Oooh, that sounds delicious. Does the steak actually turn out to be spicy like the jalepenos or does that just add a little flavor without the heat?

Jun 27th 2013

You know that they have steak-related foodstuff at the Taco Bell, right? Here's what you do:

1. Find some change.
  2. Take the change and drive to the Taco Bell.
  3. Order several Grilled XL Steak Burritos.
  4. Ask for hot sauce.
  5. Pay with the change you found.
  6. Embrace your new and exciting (and caliente) lifestyle.
Jun 27th 2013

All part of the 1001 reasons why you should not eat it all that often.

False. This is why we have been blessed with "fourth meal."

Jun 27th 2013

Pay with the change you found.

This is the best part of Taco Bell. Also, you don't have to cook anything! Not even in the microwave!

Jun 27th 2013

Does the steak actually turn out to be spicy like the jalepenos or does that just add a little flavor without the heat?

You could make it hot if you wanted to -- the longer is marinates, the hotter it will be -- but the way I made it last night turned out not to be very spicy.

Jun 27th 2013

You know that they have steak-related foodstuff at the Taco Bell, right?

gb, I love you, but you know that's the nastiest excuse for 'steak' that ever existed right? It's not the right texture and it doesn't even taste right. The steak at Taco Bell is just awful. I eat the tacos, man. They are good. But not the ones with steak in them. I made that mistake once. Never again.

You could make it hot if you wanted to -- the longer is marinates, the hotter it will be -- but the way I made it last night turned out not to be very spicy.

That's how I like it. I like the flavor but I don't need to still be feeling it an hour later.

Jun 27th 2013

that's the nastiest excuse for 'steak'

You guys won't want to hear this...but that's the only kind of steak I like. And I don't even like that.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176