Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Cookies, brownies - same category: Office Food
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176
  13. >
5221 to 5250 of 5263
Jun 12th 2015

"Forward"? After 9 years, more like "expected."

Dec 4th 2015

Remember a few years ago, when Marilyn from the Grand Forks Herald reviewed Olive Garden? Well, she's still doing restaurant reviews. This time, she takes on Subway.

Sep 30th 2016

I made one of my favorite easy meals tonight. Garlic chicken. In a small bowl, I whisk 7 crushed cloves of garlic, a quarter stick of room temp butter, a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, and all the "smoke" spices I have, which currently are smoked paprika (btw Karen, I'm still obsessed with it and have long since used up what you sent me), smoked pepper, and chipotle powder, maybe a half teaspoon of each, and then spread it over 4 chicken thighs and bake at 400 for 45 minutes (+/-). Rice and veggies on the side.

Also I have sourdough starter and I make everything good out of it. These days I'm making a lot of bread and that's what everyone who is getting anything from me for Christmas is getting from me for Christmas.

Sep 30th 2016

I made chicken soup from scratch tonight and it was good. But not satisfying like it normally is. I feel cheated somehow. Chicken soup requires some work, man.

Sep 30th 2016

I actually still remember the meatloaf I made in 2011 from Anque's recipe. If that was what I was talking about in that post that Anque quoted three years ago, which was already two years old at that point.

Sep 30th 2016

Ah ha ha. I come back here to get that recipe because I lost the index card a long time ago. And I always reread those posts and feel bad for not including the salt.

Sep 30th 2016

Who likes beets? I have beets. They are golden beets. I'm going to boil them like I always do. Does anyone have a thing they do with beets besides boiling them? Isn't there some Schrute Farms beet recipe book I can reference?

Sep 30th 2016

A friend of mine cut them into little cubes and salted them with oil and roasted them up. She seemed very pleased with how they came out. I've only ever had cold yucky red beets and I didn't enjoy the experience as a kid.

Sep 30th 2016

I didn't even know there was such a thing as golden beets.

Sep 30th 2016

Golden beets are good. They're in the organic section next to the weird-colored carrots. They taste like regular beets.

If I cut them up, I'd have to peel them, and I hate doing that. The beet juice gets everywhere and oh my god, I can not stop channeling Dwight when I am talking about beets.

I boil them because then the skin slips right off. Maybe I'll roast them without peeling and then toss them in oil and salt.

Sep 30th 2016

They're in the organic section next to the weird-colored carrots.

I notice these every time, and give them the hairy eyeball.

Sep 30th 2016

They taste like regular carrots.

So, carrots. Man, I used to love carrots, and now I really don't. I don't mind them raw and I like the juice, usually, but sometimes the juice reminds me too much of the taste of cooked carrots, and I do NOT like the taste of cooked carrots now.

Remember when we were kids and we didn't like something and then when we got older, we liked that thing? Now things I always liked, I don't like anymore. Like carrots. And people.

Sep 30th 2016

Like carrots. And people.

This made me laugh audibly.

Sep 30th 2016

Man, I used to love carrots, and now I really don't.

I actually still love real carrots, but after years of acid reflux I am no longer capable of swallowing raw, chewed carrots.

You guys, I am going to die one day.

Sep 30th 2016

You guys, I am going to die one day.

I still have moments similar to the one as a child where I suddenly realize that my consciousness will simply cease one day and I am full of a lonely anguish. And then I realize that this feeling, in fact, all my feelings about it will cease then, as well. And somehow that makes it okay.

Sep 30th 2016

I'm still in a place where that makes it worse, though one day I assume I'll grow out of that.

Oct 1st 2016

I'm not worried about my death, but having to see the ones I love go is what troubles me the most. Both my dad and father-in-law have had heart troubles in the last year. At 91 and 84, I know they aren't going to be here long and it sucks. The idea that this sort of thing will just accelerate up to the point where it will be me or my wife is awful.

Oct 1st 2016

I'm so sorry, DC. Losing your parents is sad no matter what age they are. Mr. A's parents are both gone now and the sadness they left behind is still palpable.

Oct 1st 2016

Thanks, Anque. They are both doing okay now, but time is not on their side.

LOL for old times sake.

Oct 1st 2016

I worry about my parents, especially my dad. He's 9 years older than my mom, but people on his side of the family tend to live into their late 90s, and on hers only into their 70s. And he's totally dependent on her, in ways I don't even think he quite understands. She's his entire social life, and when she does things like go on month-long bike rides and stuff, he gets very lonely. If she dies before him, I worry he's just going to sort of disappear from life.

Ugh, this is depressing me.

Oct 1st 2016

So, carrots. Man, I used to love carrots, and now I really don't. I don't mind them raw and I like the juice, usually, but sometimes the juice reminds me too much of the taste of cooked carrots, and I do NOT like the taste of cooked carrots now.

I like all types of carrots, but eat them very rarely. Whatever.

I don't eat any types of beets.

I'm sorry this vegetable conversation turned into one about dying and loved ones aging. I don't want to think about that stuff, either. My granddad isn't doing too well these days. He mainly spends his time laying on the chair in the living room, or sitting on the porch, and he's fallen a couple of times...

Let's just talk about vegetables instead.

Oct 1st 2016

I have to cook the beets today!

Ok so here's what else I've been making a LOT of: tomato sauce. Only instead of using my wealth of herbs and spices, all I do is slice an onion or three, and a red pepper, and carmelize them in butter and olive oil, and then add seven or more chopped heirloom tomatoes and a little bit of salt. After that cooks down, it is the perfect base for any and all sauces: Italian, Mexican, curry, etc. An easy way to eat it is to get a package of those Aidell sausages. I like to use the Cajun Andouille for this. I slice them up, sautee them for a bit to brown them a little, and add them to the sauce, which can then be poured over rice or pasta. One time I was lazy and put it over sourdough toast (it was soggy but so tasty).

Oct 2nd 2016

I have made this recipe using chicken and not that kind of butter. It is so good. When I first read it I couldn't wrap my imagination around it-- green olives? apricots?-- but it is really good. I'm making it tonight, with chicken again. I use regular butter but with a dash or two of olive oil, and for the yogurt sauce I skip the buttermilk and parsley and use chopped mint and chives from my garden.

Oct 2nd 2016

Also, those beets turned out really well. I didn't feel like doing anything fancy so I just roasted them like a baked potato and later after they cooled down I peeled them, cut them into bite-sized pieces and tossed them with salt and olive oil.

Oct 3rd 2016

I'm pretty sure beets are not a food.

Oct 3rd 2016

Are golden beets even better than money beets?

Oct 3rd 2016

We've also had a lot of death recently...my wife's mother passed last year, and then her niece Kristina died last month at age 25 of heart failure. She had a blood disorder and we knew she wouldn't have a full life, but she always SEEMED so lively. She came up every year to help us with our barn sale. This summer she wasn't doing well, and then in August she was doing very poorly, and my wife flew down to see her. Her heart stopped, the doctors told her that she wasn't getting better (she was not on a list for transplant), and she could decide to get intubated and live a few months, or just die now. She chose to die now, and went downhill fast. By the time my wife got there, she was barely speaking, and lasted five more days.

It just astounds me...after the decision was made, when you know you only have DAYS, what do you do with those days? Is there a movie you want to see one more time? Just hang out and talk to friends? How do you make it through those days without totally freaking out? She was brave, though...far braver than I would be. She didn't want to die at home, so her mom wouldn't associate the house with her death. And she went pretty quietly and peacefully.

You expect your parents and grandparents to die, and when someone young dies, it's a quick auto accident or drug overdose or something...you don't expect a 25 year old to accept the decision and just go like that.

Oct 3rd 2016

I have no words, just sympathy. It's unimaginable unless you live it.

My dad's body failed him for his last 15 years or so, but his mind remained sharp to the end at age 81. My mom, now 84, is physically strong, but her memory fails her and she often asks for long-dead loved ones like they're still around. I don't know which is worse. They're both awful.

Oct 5th 2016

I have no words, just sympathy.

This.

Feb 25th 2017

This thread took a sad turn. Sometimes food does, too. I hope it won't tonight. Mr. A has promised to make me the same dish he made me on our first date: Linguini and Bay Scallops. It is so delicious. He had a snafu with the parmesean cheese one time though and hasn't made it in many years. I'm crossing fingers that it turns out okay today. :)

It's my favorite dinner we make at home right now.

What is your favorite dinner made at home?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176