Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Cookies, brownies - same category: Office Food
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176
  13. >
5251 to 5263 of 5263
Feb 25th 2017

When I'm single, which I have been for about a year (by choice -- maybe I'll get into that elsewhere), I eat the same few things over and over again:

1. A vaguely Mexican slurry with rice, beans, vegetables, and chicken.
  2. A vaguely Asian slurry with rice or noodles, vegetables, and chicken or beef.
  3. Pork chops and brussels sprouts.
  4. Steak and brussels sprouts.

It's not that I can't make other things, or I don't have time. I'm just not imaginative in that way.

Feb 25th 2017

It's not that I can't make other things, or I don't have time.

We do this, too. I was trying to imagine how my children will think of the cuisine they grew up with, in the way that I think of what I grew up with.

It will include a lot of taco soup. And enchiladas. And taco salad. And stir fry.

If we are what we eat, we're mostly TexMexican.

Feb 25th 2017

Yeah, my mom was a good cook, but what we ate was very middle-of-the-road, middle-American, in part because my dad can't handle anything spicy at all. So it was a lot of steamed vegetables, chicken and rice, and spaghetti. My mom's imagination went mostly into dessert. I wonder sometimes if my lack of a sweet tooth has some kind of weird subconscious rebellious quality to it.

Feb 25th 2017

There are a surprising amount of people with no sweet tooth in the world. My father is like that. He never much cared for dessert. So the only times we had it were special occasions like going out for ice cream and family gatherings like Thanksgiving.

My husband has a sweet tooth. We almost always have sweet things somewhere in the house. And when we don't, I feel like we're missing something.

Feb 25th 2017

I learned how to cook cornbread recently. So now I can fix myself a meal of sausage & fried eggs & cornbread. But no one else likes that combo, well my dad does... but the whole family doesn't, so I don't cook it often.

I never cook dinner, because I can only cook a few things, and what things I can cook don't really fit together into a meal. Whatever.

Feb 25th 2017

But no one else likes that combo

But it sounds amazing!

Feb 25th 2017

I love it. I'd eat it right now. I'd eat it every day.

Feb 25th 2017 edited
  • Cornbread = delicious
  • Fried eggs = delicious
  • Sausage = delicious

Fried Sausage Egg Cornbread Casserole? SIGN ME UP. We'll let you know when we're close so you can put it in the oven.

Feb 25th 2017

My thing isn't a casserole. That's too advanced for me. It's just 3 things on a plate. Don't get your hopes up!!

But I definitely would fix it for you. It's good!

Feb 26th 2017

Eggs over easy on top of cornbread sounds like something I want to eat every day.

Feb 26th 2017

Come visit me and I'll fix those two things and it'll be fun.

Or, I'll invite myself to your house and fix those 2 things and it'll be fun.

Feb 27th 2017

The most cooking I do amounts to an egg sandwich. So I guess that's my favorite.

Mar 1st 2017

Come visit me and I'll fix those two things and it'll be fun. Or, I'll invite myself to your house and fix those 2 things and it'll be fun.

Either or preferrably both of these things + Mr. & Mrs. Anque, please. MMmmmmm, eggs and cornbread.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. 172
  9. 173
  10. 174
  11. 175
  12. 176