Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Box of Paper Snowshoe Racing...Flonkerton: Got any made-up games you'd like to share?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 107
Feb 24th 2007

April break is coming up soon and I have absolutely nothing to do. Got any games that you think can qualify for the Office Olympics?

Feb 28th 2007

Just remembered, we used to play "Can you Fit In That?" Basically whenever we had a storage space such as a large drawer (cages if you work for a vet or with animals), or if your place of business should send and recieve large package - you try to see what you can squeeze yourself into. Categories include small, unusual, multiple persons

Feb 28th 2007

There's a game I'm playing right now while you're on break...it's called "work hard so my daughter can go to college."

Feb 28th 2007

Kevin plays drums, and supposedly bass. Dwight is maestro of the recorder (and guitar from Take your child to work day. I just took up guitar...well, sorta. In addition to games, any rock stars in the house?

Feb 28th 2007

There's a game I'm playing right now while you're on break...it's called "work hard so my daughter can go to college."

This is not as fun as "get a flashlight and a screwdriver and find out why the dishwasher keeps flooding the kitchen floor."

Feb 28th 2007

I play guitar, piano (a little), used to spin trance & occasionally scratch hip-hop using turntables, am proficient with a sampler and a variety of synthesizers, play the drums a little bit, and used to play trombone in the marching band. I can also sing the "Dredel Song" like nobody's business.

The game I like best is not something I invented, and really only works on a warm day in a rural area or a park: "Pooh-sticks". It requires two people, a bridge, and sticks. You stand on the upriver side, and drop your sticks in the stream. Then you cross to the other side of the bridge and see whose stick emerges first, or reaches a predetermined destination first. The game is enhanced by lemonade and someone with whom you like to talk or are comfortable in silence.

Feb 28th 2007

My brothers and I used to play a similar game that we called "pooh boats" and it was floating sticks in the water on the side of the road leading to the sewers after or during a big rain. Whosever went into the sewer first won. ("whosever" isn't a word, is it?)

And I used to play a viola in high school.

Feb 28th 2007

This is not as fun as "get a flashlight and a screwdriver and find out why the dishwasher keeps flooding the kitchen floor."

I played that last year until it wasn't fun anymore. This year I'm playing "guess what animal is making those scratching noises in the wall."

Feb 28th 2007 edited

I also like to play, "Go to the house you bought but can't live in yet and wonder where the hell the electrician is." It's a game I always lose.

Feb 28th 2007

This year I'm playing "guess what animal is making those scratching noises in the wall."

Hmmm...spooky, potentially rabies-inducing, and maybe more expensive to figure out than my game. So you win.

Feb 28th 2007

And I used to play a viola in high school.

My former orchestra/band teacher (I'm a violist as well. Bring on the jokes!) came into the toy store where I work today. We had a nice chat, considering we never talked when I was actually in his classes. I also play the piano and I'm taking guitar lessons. It's always been a dream of mine to play the harp, and I'm not sure why.

Feb 28th 2007

Wow, we've had two violists and no violinists yet?! I play violin. :P

Also, I'm a music major, so I have to sing and play piano for class. I have a strong dislike for solfege.

Mar 1st 2007

Not sure if this could be an "office olympics" game, but...

At my job, we have this game (it doesn't really have a name) where you come up with a name of an improbable combination business in the form of "blank and blank" (the two words have to rhyme). You tell your co-workers the two types of business (for example, a shoe store and an electronics store) and they have to guess the name of the combination company.

I actually did "Combination shoe store and electronics store" at work today, if anybody wants to guess what the combination company was.

Mar 1st 2007

My wife and I are big on table soccer shootout. I'm fairly confident we didn't invent it, but I never played it with anyone else. We would eat out a lot, nothing fancy, but a lot of diners and chain restaurants. And as soon as we'd get our drinks we'd tear off our straw wrappers to make the "ball", which is really the equivalent of a dry spitball. One person forms a goal with their thumbs flat on the table, maybe four inches apart (honor system not to shrink it as the game goes along) and we'd take turns flicking the "ball" into the "goal." Sometimes it would fly up into the person's face or off the table entirely and at other diners. It's great fun. We'd play up to 11 or something. It was very competitive. We also play a pretty cutthroat rock-paper-scissors.

Mar 1st 2007

Hey! Another violinist here. Hooray for dorkestra!

I keep trying to get everyone at work to play "Murderer in the Dark", but no one will cooperate. One of these days, hopefully. When I worked at the bookstore in college, we liked to play "see what box I can fit in." Good times, good times.

Mar 1st 2007

Hooray for dorkestra!

Well it seems we have the string section almost covered in our Office Orchestra. I can kick off the brass section with my horn. (French horn, that is.) If someone wants to start a jazz band, I'm your man for drums too.

Mar 1st 2007

Hey, I played trombone, man. Not well, but I could do that thing with my lips.

(three . . . two . . .)

Mar 1st 2007 edited

(one...)

TWSS

Mar 1st 2007

I played trombone too.

Mar 2nd 2007

Hey there's a lot of violinist and violists in here! I play cello :) Maybe we should start an ensemble, we could play the Office theme song.

Mar 2nd 2007 edited

Right now I'm playing Pretend.

Pretend not to be able to listen to my co-workers talk about personal stuff in small, quiet, enclosed area

Pretend to know what I'm doing.

Pretend to be busy because the work load is slow

Pretend I'm not looking for another job...

...and now I think I'll "die" from boredom a la Jim Halpert

Mar 2nd 2007

Hey, I'm an expert at that game!

Mar 2nd 2007

if anybody wants to guess what the combination company was.

I give up.

Mar 2nd 2007

The worst part about playing trombone is that few minutes, after your face starts itching, but before it goes numb.

Mar 2nd 2007

The worst part about playing trombone is that few minutes, after your face starts itching, but before it goes numb.

The ball's on the tee, people. Anyone wanna swing?

By the way, if you don't practice the trombone for a while, do you get-- never mind.

Mar 2nd 2007

Not to be forgotten, Pretend my boss is right....grrrr

Mar 3rd 2007

Nathan admitted:

I give up.

Sneakers & Speakers :)

Mar 3rd 2007 edited

We play a car game that has evolved over time. A few years ago, my husband and I played Punch Bug, which entailed giving each other a friendly punch on the arm whenever we saw a VW bug. Per our rules, newer-model bugs were one punch, older ones were two punches, vans were three punches, and old-model convertibles were the mother lode six punches. Now that my son is really into cars and can spot a VW bug from a mile away (and he's always right, even when I can't see it first), we've done away with the punching part, especially once it became apparent that Joseph would love nothing more than to have a valid excuse to pummel someone's arm as he said, "PUNCH BUG!" Now we say, "BUG BUG" for VWs, "CRUISER CRUISER" for P.T. Cruisers, and "BEEP BEEP" for convertibles (top down or up, doesn't matter).

edit: the other day, I saw a convertible and he asked if he could "share" in the beep beep, which basically means we BOTH get to say beep beep. I said no. Then my daughter yelled, "BUT YOU HAVE TO SHARE BECAUSE JESUS SAYS YOU HAVE TO SHARE EVERYTHING!" I told her that I am not Jesus, and I kept my convertible all for myself. I felt a little bad about that.

Mar 3rd 2007

I told her that I am not Jesus

I'm not sure you should have divulged that to so young a child. I plan to hang on to that knowledge until my guy's at least in junior high. I'm not telling my wife either.

Mar 5th 2007

My roommate and I had a book about the Myers-Briggs personality assessment and were just fascinated by it. We spent the better part of three years with that book on our persons, typing everyone we met. I was an INTP (introverted intuitive thinking perceiver) at the time; now I am an INTJ (a judger through and through) which makes me better qualified to play this game, but we lost the book somewhere and no longer live together. We are also over thirty and learned (more or less, I think a little less) to stay out of people's business.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 107
Top of PageBack to discussions