Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Box of Paper Snowshoe Racing...Flonkerton: Got any made-up games you'd like to share?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 107 of 107
Oct 5th 2007

I like it much better out of context than when I wrote it in context.

Oct 5th 2007 edited

Yeah, the all the guys are going to some Oktober Fest thing in Tempe.

Just a quick note about the "Oktober Fest" in Tempe...I went last year, and I was super excited, but then I showed up and not one, but two bands were playing country music. I think one of them was even playing "Proud to be an American". I was confused. We managed to find the smaller stage with the Polka band, who were at least playing drinking songs. But as bad as that was, it was a shining event in comparison to the Oktober Fest I recently went to here in LA, which consisted of a bunch of benches under a tent and a band. The beer they were serving: BudLight, Becks, and something called "Alpine Lager". It was ridiculously lame.

Edited for coherentness.

Oct 5th 2007

Thanks for the heads up!

Now here's my dilema: Do I tell them and have them avoid being disappointed or do I not tell them and then laugh at them when they come home complaining? Hmm, tough choice.

Oct 5th 2007

If there's enough of them going and they drink enough beer, I doubt it will matter much. But if they're going for a true Oktober fest experience, I might skip it. I definitely would recommend that anyone stay away from the Oktober Fest in Alpine Village in Torrance. Waste o time.

Oct 5th 2007

They are just going to drink and get out of the house during the shower. They'll be ok. If they get bored, I guess they can always hit up the bars on Mill.

Oct 5th 2007

There's an Alpine Village in Torrance, CA? Or another Torrance in AZ?

Oct 5th 2007

I guess they can always hit up the bars on Mill.

Ah, Mill Ave. Did I ever tell you about the time I went to Zuma with some friends and this guy came up and asked me to dance, when nobody in the whole place was dancing, fyi, so I said no thanks, and then he replied with, "But....I'm leaving tomorrow....for Hawaii." I don't know what angle he was trying to play with that, but it definitely didn't work. Was I supposed to feel sympathetic? I don't know.

Oct 5th 2007

It's in Torrance, CA. Don't be fooled by the website. It's disappointing.

Oct 5th 2007 edited

Oh, I've been there. I can't think of a single hill though, much less an Alpine Village.

Oct 5th 2007

Hah, I wonder what his angle was. Leave it to Mill to have some freakazoids running around.

Nov 25th 2011

This is the second oldest non-closed thread in NA, soon to be the most recent.

I don't have any games that I'd like to share, but I do have a games related question. We (by that I mean my wife) are throwing my daughter a birthday party this evening. We're kinda short on games to play. The age group is 7-8 year olds, so no drinking games pleas.

Nov 25th 2011

Spin the bottle.

Nov 25th 2011

Seven minutes of heaven

Nov 25th 2011

Musical chairs only with a new, modern twist - the music is some very filthy gansta rap. That'll go over great with the parents, too, and the kids will learn some new words.

Nov 25th 2011

Who would you do? In Pennsylvania this is known as "The Sandusky".

Nov 25th 2011

Who would you do? In Pennsylvania this is known as "The Sandusky".

This game would be more appropriate played at a boys' sleepover party.

Nov 28th 2011 edited

Once again, you guys proved absolutely no help in a time of need. I wouldn't have it any other way.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 107 of 107
Top of PageBack to discussions