Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
What DID NOT happen:HIATUS
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
Mar 23rd 2007

Again - Pam and Jim did not have an awkward moment that we all knew signaled their true affection Karen did not have a suspicious look on her face, nor did she cling protectively Andy continued to be gone Michael continued to be searching for himself - is he awkward Mike? oppressive Mike? no self awareness Mike? totally out of line Mike? Who knows Angela did not let anyone know her feelings for Dwight, though her disdain for Kelly was evident Kevin did not make any good Gay jokes

Way way too long between episodes

Mar 23rd 2007

Creed did not steal anything.

Mar 23rd 2007

Creed did not steal anything.

Except the show.

Mar 23rd 2007

Meredith did not get drunk Meredith did not reveal her body parts

Mar 23rd 2007 edited
  • Pam did not miss any opportunities to tell Jim how she really feels
  • Pam did not witness any heart wrenching diplays of affection between Jim and Karen
  • Jim did not disregard Pam's obvious signals that she loves him
  • Jim did not try to avoid chatting and giggling with Pam
  • Jan did not loath herself
  • Michael did not ask for any ketchup fights

(Once you get started, it's hard to stop...)

(I SAID once you get started it's HARD to stop...)

Mar 23rd 2007

No one said That's What She Said.

Mar 23rd 2007

I think Angela might have had her cat party.

Mar 23rd 2007

Fans did not have to spend any time dissecting, overanalyzing or arguing over the finer points of the show's character and plot developments.

Jim was not brave.

Pam was not afraid to act.

Dwight did not love his animal.

Toby did not creep anyone out

Stanley was neither fafanafana-fo-fanley nor me-mi-mo-manly.

...What she said...

Mar 23rd 2007

Ryan was actually a kind, gentle soul without a snark in his body, and he loved working for Dunder Mifflin.

Mar 23rd 2007

OKBoinkenberry did not use periods to seperate sentences.

Mar 23rd 2007

Punctuation errors, syntax errors, ...hey, how about spelling?

Mar 23rd 2007

Fans did not have to spend any time dissecting, overanalyzing or arguing over the finer points of the show's character and plot developments.

I think this still happened.

Mar 23rd 2007

I think this still happened.

TO101 Did not point out the obvious ;-)

I was not the only anally retentive grammar nazi that noticed.

Mar 23rd 2007

Creed did not call someone Mary Beth.

Mar 23rd 2007

TO101 Did not point out the obvious ;-)

Brian I think I take you too seriously sometimes. How many times now have I corrected your blunders only to find out that they were blatently apparent for a reason? Maybe next time I should estimate you.

Mar 23rd 2007

That's OK. I wasn't sure until now that you weren't just messing with me and it was going over my head.

Mar 23rd 2007

That's OK. I wasn't sure until now that you weren't just messing with me and it was going over my head.

Oh yeah, That's what it was. I was just messing with you. Yeah, the whole time. Just messing with you. That's the ticket. Yeah.

No seriously, I've just been a little dense, but I'm getting to understand your sense of humor now. It's not always easy to communicate without tone and facial expressions. Sometimes I jump to the wrong square on my "Jump to Conclusions" mat.

Mar 23rd 2007 edited

It's not always easy to communicate without tone and facial expressions.

I'm still wondering if Carpenter Ants misspelled separate on purpose...

Mar 23rd 2007

I was not the only anally retentive grammar nazi that noticed.

No, you were not.

Mar 23rd 2007 edited

No one called the number on Dwight's business cards just to hear his voice again. Also, no one thought the message was pretty funny.

ETA: I am a grammatical nightmare today.

Mar 24th 2007

I did not spell separate correctly.

No, that wasn't on purpose, and thanks for calling me out on it Wink. Now I am curious as to how long I have been misspelling 'separate', because I am usually extremely adept at visually locating spelling errors, and that didn't look wrong to me at all. Talk about bad timing...

Mar 24th 2007

No one heard the story about a man named Sep, whose wife saw a rat in their kitchen, so she hopped up on a stool and shrieked, " Sep! A rat!!! Eeeeeee!!!!" thereby never forgetting how to spell separate.

No one's grammatical zealotry extended to minor inconsistencies or omissions but only to complete lack of punctuation or capitalization.

Mar 24th 2007

In OKBoinkenberry's defense, I think it looks like a markdown mistake. Wanted to make a list but forgot the (space, space). Because, really, who doesn't know how to use periods?

And I'll add...

No one has used their frustration over the hiatus to pick on fellow NA'ers posts. :)

Mar 24th 2007

I did not spell separate correctly. No, that wasn't on purpose, and thanks for calling me out on it Wink.

Like Brian, I learned to remember "there's a rat in separate." Funny how those things stick with you. There are lots and lots of words, however, for which I do not have such a handy elementary school peneumonic and that I am forgetting how to spell as I become more and more dependent on text editor spelling checkers and spelling correcters (correctors?). It's a weird kind of dementia that seems to be worsening with time. At first, I would see the suggested word offered by the spell checkers and think, oh yeah, that's it, I just forgot. Now I see the suggested spelling offered and I think huh? have I ever seen that word before? oh well, I guess they must be right if it's programmed in like that...

Mar 24th 2007 edited

To learn the old sine-cosine-tangent thing, teachers tried to teach us some stupid rhyme where the first words matched which sides of the triangles (Opposite, Adjacent, Hypotenuse) were involved with each function, to no avail. You need to learn sine (Opposite and Hypotenuse) cosine (Adjacent and Hypotenuse) and tangent (Opposite and Adjacent).

In 8th grade, my best friend suggested to the class:

Orgies Help Aging Hookers Open Again

and I've remembered it ever since. I was in college (Cornell...ever hear of it?) in a trig exam whispering it to myself to figure out which two sides to use to take the cosine of an angle.

Mar 24th 2007

My husband remembers the twelve cranial nerves with:

Oh, Oh, Oh To Touch And Feel A Girl's Vagina And Hymen

I don't know what the nerves are myself, but that mnemonic is seared into my brain. All we ever got for trig mnemonics was the wise old Indian SOHCAHTOA.

Mar 24th 2007

but that mnemonic is seared into my brain

sigh. I knew I probably spelled mneumonic wrong, above (pneumonic, like pneumonia, that makes sense, right?) but NA doesn't have a spell check feature so it's hopeless. I would have Googled it but I was rushing out the door at the time. There you go, Carpenter Ants, seperate, penumonic...while today it is me, we all shall fall. Except I think it should be "while today it is I". Yikes this is endless.

Mar 25th 2007

All we ever got for trig mnemonics was the wise old Indian SOHCAHTOA.

We were taught "Some Old Hags Can't Always Hide Their Old Age"

Mar 25th 2007

I think it was DTFT that pointed out that I spelled "definitely" wrong. He said the root word is define. I think I spelled it, "defanitely," but I'm not sure because that definitely doesn't look right.

Mar 25th 2007

I think you spelled it "definately". Just for the record.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions