Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
What DID NOT happen:HIATUS
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
Mar 25th 2007 edited

I think you spelled it "definately". Just for the record.

You are definitely right. Was the root word finite then? I thought you said define, but now I think it must be finite.

Mar 25th 2007 edited

Finite is the root word for both define and definite, if memory serves.

Mar 25th 2007

We were taught "Some Old Hags Can't Always Hide Their Old Age"

I learned "Oh, Hell...Another Hour Of Algebra."

Wink, for what it's worth, this is the mnemonic I learned for "mnemonics": "Mnemonics Now Ease Man's Oldest Nemesis: Insufficient Cranial Storage." Funny that the long and rather non-intuitive mnemonic sticks with me, but the spelling of "mnemonic" itself does not.

Mar 25th 2007

Wink, for what it's worth, this is the mnemonic I learned for "mnemonics": "Mnemonics Now Ease Man's Oldest Nemesis: Insufficient Cranial Storage."

Wow. I can't even remember the first three words of that mnemonic (yay, my first time spelling that right!). I do, however, seem to be one of the few people of my acquaintance who remembers how to spell memento, so maybe there's hope that I can just remember the letters themselves in the right order. Thanks for the help!

Mar 26th 2007 edited

Without a new episode to dissect, we are not only dissecting posts for content, but also grading them on construction. My, my!

Since OKB is an English teacher, we can make one or more assumptions:

OKB is worn out with correcting mindless punctuation errors, and simply rebelled.

OKB was, in effect, channelling Faulkner at his finest, with a 'stream of consciousness' approach to an erudite post.

OKB did not adequately consult the 'markdown' tutorial.

OKB was typing without looking at the screen, while watching 31 high school freshmen take a vocabulary test in a room built for 20 students.

Or, OKB is a simply a grammar slut, who neither knows nor cares about grammar and punctuation.

(edited for grammar error)

Mar 26th 2007

Or, OKB is a simply a grammar slut, who neither knows nor cares about grammar and punctuation.

I like this one, just for the phrase "grammar slut."

But you forgot, OKB was the victim of a drive-by snarky poster with too much time and too little sleep to sense when he's being mildly sarcastic and when he's just being a d*. I'll try harder.

Mar 26th 2007

And OKB was virutally held prisoner by 5 x 30 children (yes CHILDREN) between 14 and 15, on a warm spring Friday afternoon. A heady mix of adolescent angst, heat, pollen and YOUNG LOVE may have blinded OKB to the itricacies of posting. But it did lead to a stirring debate, revealing the grammatical persuasion of many who are a part of this ongoing discussion.

Mar 26th 2007

I saw somewhere a while back that "definitely" is the most misspelled word on the internet (which made me realize I had been spelling it "definately").

Mar 26th 2007

NO critical scenes were deleted, that essentially changed the whole tangent of the story.

Certainly, a few crosswords have not been done.

The toys on MIchael's desk have not been pleasantly arranged by the....cleaning crew, maybe?

Mar 26th 2007

Oscar has not TOTALLY FREAKED OUT about Angela's poster. Dwight has not been either sycophantic or hostile. Michael has not rejected any completely reasonable solutions to fairly simple problems in order to implement his own, extremely complicated, solution.

Mar 26th 2007 edited

Nor has Michael hidden behind a door, under a desk or behind a housekeeping cart.

Mar 26th 2007

Jan has not needed a light.

Mar 26th 2007

...and it doesn't have to be official, nor does it have to be urine.

Mar 27th 2007

No cokes, no water, no grape soda from the breakroom.

Oh my god! OMG! OMG! No tears with mascara running down the face!

No Scrantonicity.

Mar 28th 2007

NO fires in the break room.

Nothing new to talk about.

May 27th 2008

\m/

I'm bored.

May 28th 2008

Ohhh, the Tramp Stamp!!

Gotta get someone to do this...there's a lot of money involved!

Jun 10th 2008

Oh - I forgot about this - NOSTALGIA, yet another Latin word.

But....what did NOT happen - well first, I have NOT had anything to say

Jun 10th 2008

Hey, ABZ! You're back! It's me, 2'ClosertoCopier

Jun 10th 2008

Maybe I should change again - I started out as OK Boinkenberry, I think.

Jun 10th 2008

Maybe I should change again - I started out as OK Boinkenberry, I think.

Oh that's right. I mistakenly referred to you as TRBF. I'll edit my post so I don't look stupid. But I remember you starting as OK Boysenberry and you wanted to be more awesome and change to OK Boinkenberry.

Jun 10th 2008

Someone suggested the change from Boysenberry to Boinkenberry - thus, I in essence said OK, Boinkenberry - but the whole thing got too cumbersome for me, and in my dementia state I decided by real initials would work better. And then, I think I disappeared.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions