Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.18 The Negotiation
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >
31 to 60 of 386
Apr 5th 2007

Oh my god! Dwight saves the day!

Apr 5th 2007

Kevin left and I was all, "Oh, no, he had his back"...wow.

Apr 5th 2007

OH MY GOD! NBC JUST WENT OUT ON MY TV. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

Apr 5th 2007

I am SO sorry, PhantomoPoker, but mine is fine.

Apr 5th 2007

Cold, Jim.

Apr 5th 2007

I LOVE Angela. LOVE her.

Apr 5th 2007

Pammy?

Apr 5th 2007 edited

Haha, great end.

Jammites everywhere now like Roy for telling Pam to go after Jim :P?

ETA: Andy is back! hahahah! good going, Dwight!

Apr 5th 2007

The look on Jim's face when they cut to him in the bathroom was great. I love that in his shock he retreated all the way to the corner.

I also really liked that they had Roy get in that "not that that's wrong or anything" and side-glance to the camera, and really that whole scene in general. I thought it was nice.

Pretty much everyone was hilarious. Good episode!

Oh, and Stanley's "I still think he's overpaid" might be the best line he's ever delivered. And that's saying something.

Apr 5th 2007

wow, what a GREAT way to pick up where the show left off!!!

I am so disappointed in Pam, why would she even consider going back with Roy? Even though they're not really back together yet, just the fact that she went for coffee with him proves Jim's point and makes her seem like she has low self-esteem. I can't wait to see how her and Jim develop, if they do.

The Ryan/Kelly stuff was great! I think Ryan really does like Kelly, or else he wouldn't let everything she said bother him.

Angela was probably my favorite character tonight. I loved how real she was with her emotions, she didn't seem so edgy and bitter.

Dwight's account of what happened while telling Toby, ending with "the end"=the hardest laugh of the night for me, I don't know why, but it just hit me and I couldn't stop laughing.

Apr 5th 2007

That whole episode just blew me away. I'll call it right now: best episode of the season. The tone was so season 2. They took Michael, Darryl and Toby out of the office without making it seem like a contrived, distracting outing. They made Roy, not likeable, but sympathetic, like junkie on the road to recovery. How'd they possibly fit the Ryan and Kelly storyline into it. It was so good, and yet could easily have been too much. The actual Negotiation storyline seemed thin at first, but it ended up being the perfect vehicle for carrying the "other" stuff we care about so much more. And Angela! Oh man, Angela! She topped herself. And Pam was sympathetic for the first time without being pathetic, to me anyway. She's still lost, but the shone a lit in to point her way out. So much to digest, and so little coherence.

Apr 5th 2007

wow, this episode was great on so many fronts,. really great

Apr 5th 2007

She's still lost, but the shone a lit in to point her way out. So much to digest, and so little coherence.

Indeed.

Hurry on over to Wikipedia before it gets fixed; there have been some interesting edits made recently.

Apr 5th 2007

2C2C, I think the Wikipedia reference was a shout-out to you!

Apr 5th 2007

And Pam was sympathetic for the first time without being pathetic, to me anyway.

At one point I turned to my husband and said, "I think I have disliked Pam more and more with each passing episode this season." This was no different for me. Don't get me wrong - I loved this episode, and I think it was by far the best of the season. I have just passed my breaking point with her. Same for Roy. He's not a sympathetic character to me, either. He acts like an ass, makes nice. Acts like an ass, makes nice. And we've seen "nice" Roy before. I don't think he suddenly found a soft spot in his heart and is pushing Pam toward Jim on purpose. He just threw out a comment to make lighthearted conversation ("So, you gonna date Halpert now?"). If that pushes Pam toward Jim, it's not due to intentional encouragement by Roy.

Apr 5th 2007

I actually made notes of the show(kickback from my harry potter readings)

Loved it, especially the dwangela story. and the womans clothes added extra depth. Plus ryan and kelly really added to it.

Apr 5th 2007

I liked Kelly's customer service phone call in the background, with the customer ordering 12 reams of paper and getting 12,000.

Apr 5th 2007

I can tell this will be one of my favorite episodes from this season because I already want to rewatch it! Happy! There have been too many episodes from this season that have not been etched into my memory because I didn't have the desire to watch them again...I realized this when I have not been recognizing some of the quotes from the header over at Office Tally. Sad. =( I just soooo hope that the rest of the end of this season is more of the same. It really did feel like old times!

Apr 5th 2007

I don't want to rewatch it. I'm not happy with this episode. Are there any more of me out there? To quote Roy "You kidding me Pam!!??"

I dunno. Maybe I'll rewatch but I'm sick over this one.

Apr 5th 2007

While I thought this episode was very good, the Jim/Pam dynamic was very different than season 2. During their conversation, he wouldn't even look at her! His comment to her that he thought Pam and Roy would eventually get back together was hostile. Jim doesn't seem to be to pleased with Pam.

Apr 5th 2007

I'm with you Kristen. I can't wait to replay it, and I haven't felt that way much this season. They didn't make much headway with splitting up Jim and Karen, but there's no suspense there any more unless you are the most brilliant spoiler avoider ever. I loved the Jim-Dwight stuff. I liked seeing Jim and Karen have what I thought were genuine, if somewhat flawed moments together, and I couldn't get enough of Pam realizing how badly she'd stumbled on the road to FNB-land. The breakroom scene was very authentic to me, crushing, but authentic.

And how about Michael: "But you just said 15%."

Apr 5th 2007

i scared myself, my vcr (old fasioned i know) didnt start recording so i had to emergincy manually record the whole thing with the remote, so my recording wont have the cold opening.

Apr 5th 2007

I think what they are really emphasizing is that Jim and Pam, When the possibiliity of them hooking up (at least not in both of thier minds) were sooo comfortable together. Now these same people, with the very real chance of hooking up, cannot even look eachother in the eye or have any real conversations. They are sooo uncomfortable

As I said Earlier, great episode, too many things to list

In addition all mentioned so far....How about Michael's talking head at the end, something about 'perks-sex with Jan" And Jan is standing right there, Brilliant

Apr 5th 2007 edited

Hunter the PA is kind of hot. Michael had reason to be worried.

How about that kiss at the end?

Apr 5th 2007

And then he just sort of walked off because he knew he was in trouble, it reminded me of sexual harrasment when he made the thats what she said joke after saying he wouldnt do more comedy

Apr 5th 2007

Jim's wig really, really sucked. He should take a cue from Sidney Bristow.

Apr 5th 2007

That...WAS...AWESOME

Fantastic episode, laughed out the whole way through, had to rewind the DVR several times. Loved that they dealt with the Roy/Jim situation right away and kept the time frame since Cocktails ambiguous. So much greatness - Ryan/Kelly fights, Angela getting turned on by her man's violence, Creed's description of the fight, everything Michael & Jan, Darryl absolutely ruled, got to get this guy more screen time, Phyllis Vance is back, then some of the best five minutes of TV I've ever seen - Jim catching Dwight/Angela and Andy's return.

But the Player of the Game award goes to Toby. An incredible performance in every scene.

Pam still isn't as strong as I'd like her to be, I wish she would have been more definitive with Roy at the coffee shop about why she canceled the wedding and isn't going back to him now, but I loved this exchange:

Roy: "I just don't get you Pam."
Pam: "I know."

Then the way they framed the shot in front of the restaurant, Roy walks one way, Pam the other way. Kudos Mr. Director Guy. And kudos to Micheal Schur, who wrote this great episode.

Apr 5th 2007 edited

Is that what was up with his hair? He looked like a freak. Did he shave for the Mandy Moore flick or something?

ETA: Great point JLJ about Jim seeing Dwangela. Great example of a NON-dropped storyline. Nice shout-out to the past, too, as was Dwight once again confusing heroes and superheroes.

Apr 5th 2007

I like how dwight watched heros too.

Apr 5th 2007

Fantastic episode.

Didn't like the Angela business. One instance of the Dwight story turn-on thing would have been enough. Not my type of humor I guess.

Loved everything about the Darryl-Michael-Toby interaction. Everything Toby said was awesome!

Oh, and Pam sucks. It's getting pretty pathetic.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >