Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I confided in the world's worst confidant: Advice
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 274
  5. 275
  6. 276
  7. 277
  8. 278
  9. 279
  10. 280
  11. 281
  12. 282
  13. >
8311 to 8340 of 8447
Jun 2nd 2013

I played the guitar years ago. I had planned to dig it out anyway in the new house. I'm thinking even more about it because I think/hope it will help with my arthritis by keeping my hands limber. It's really a fun instrument.

You should do it! (And youtube it.) (Or skype in with me & Anque sometime.)

They say you can play or compose any piece of music on a guitar and that its very close to the piano. I don't know about that.

The piano was just mashing the right buttons in the right order, at the right time. Both hand just mashed buttons. Guitaring, your hands are going all over the place, separately. And I guess each hand did separate stuff at separate times on the piano, but it was still just mashing buttons.

I do know that it makes sense and that you can learn a few simple chords and blues scales and play along with 90 percent of the songs on any classic rock radio.

That is the cool part, the thing how all the songs are the same song.

Jun 2nd 2013

That was pretty durn'd cool.

Jun 2nd 2013

Yes!

That was awesome. Axis of Awesome.

Jun 9th 2013

Anybody here ever driven a Fiat? I'm thinking about trading up. I'm probably moving to Los Angeles soon, and I need a tiny car with great gas mileage.

Jun 9th 2013

No. But...

I'm probably moving to Los Angeles soon,

...hey, alright! That sounds like a crazy improvement over Minneapolis.

Jun 9th 2013

Also, I went to the Fiat site and those cars are adorable. I think you should go for it.

Jun 9th 2013

I hear Fiats are way better than Fiats used to be. They were always kinda cool to look at.

A friend in high school owned one. In the summer of 1988 we drove down to Jones Beach on Long Island in his Fiat. I got crazy sunburned. Then on the way home he hit something on the Throgs Neck Bridge and the muffler fell off. I don't remember what happened after that.

Jun 9th 2013

What is a Throgs Neck?

Jun 9th 2013

Anybody here ever driven a Fiat? I'm thinking about trading up.

Trading up your car or your woman? Because every Fiat comes with that hot woman. And she will slap you.

Jun 9th 2013

googling local Fiat dealers

Jun 10th 2013

Now I feel bad for those Fiat dealers!

Jun 10th 2013

Trading up your car or your woman? Because every Fiat comes with that hot woman. And she will slap you.

Mr. A loves that commercial. Makes him laugh every time.

Jun 10th 2013

Now I feel bad for those Fiat dealers!

Tear'd.

Jun 10th 2013

I can play the guitar...poorly

Jun 10th 2013

Mr. A loves that commercial. Makes him laugh every time.

You know, with the way commercials portray men, you'd think we're horny, lonely, and desperate. You'd be right, of course, but still...don't remind us of it all the time, advertisers!

Jun 10th 2013

You know, with the way commercials portray men, you'd think we're horny, lonely, and desperate.

And stupid. Don't forget how stupid we are.

Jun 10th 2013

And stupid. Don't forget how stupid we are.

Don't worry.

Jun 10th 2013

Don't forget how stupid we are.

I already forgot!

Wait, what?

Jun 11th 2013

What is a Throgs Neck?

It's a neighborhood in the Bronx. And a really big bridge that spans from there to Queens. It had two G's in it when I was growing up. As with most names around here, you can blame the Dutch for it, even though in this case it comes from an English dude's name.

Jun 11th 2013

An English dude with a huge neck?

Jun 11th 2013

His name was Throckmorten or something. Also, the Bronx? Named for Jonas Bronck. Actually, Bronck's River was named for him. Then they named all the land around it after the river. Then he left after like only four years, but the name stuck. Then they botched the spelling for reasons I can't fathom. Then then named a parkway after the river.

Jun 11th 2013

NYC has a lot of hilarious names handed down from the Dutch. As a side note, Dutch is the funniest language on earth.

Jun 11th 2013

Few people know the mini-van is named for Johan Van der deer Donck.

Jun 11th 2013

Did you know that a harbor master, in Dutch, is called a havenmeester?

True story.

Jun 11th 2013

Thanks for the explanation Bri.

Guess there was some guy named Van der Manhatten, too.

Jun 11th 2013

you can blame the Dutch for it

I always blame the Dutch for everything

Jun 11th 2013

I especially hate that oven the Dutch invented.

Jun 11th 2013

"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch." - Michael Caine, Goldmember

Jun 11th 2013

Tear'd.

Jun 11th 2013

Nice!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 274
  5. 275
  6. 276
  7. 277
  8. 278
  9. 279
  10. 280
  11. 281