Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I confided in the world's worst confidant: Advice
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 275
  5. 276
  6. 277
  7. 278
  8. 279
  9. 280
  10. 281
  11. 282
  12. >
8341 to 8370 of 8447
Jun 15th 2013

I've got a question about going out and living it up. I never do it.

Next Friday, I'm going down to Charlotte after work and coming home Saturday night, around 10 or 10:30. I'm going to a concert and hanging out with this woman I know from the internet.

The thing is, her & my (and MISS's!) favorite band have show in Roanoke next Thursday, that she might could go to, if she can get a baby sitter. It'd be like 47 bucks to go to the show. (The show I'm going to in Charlotte is 5 bucks.)

On one hand, I really want to go. On the other, it's 2 hours away. It starts at 8, I would guess the show would really last till maybe 10 or 11, if there's an opener. I'd guess I'd be home by 1.

If I went, I'd want to come home and not spend the night there...(I don't especially want to spend the night at Kathy's Friday, but that show starts at 10, and we've made some big plans for Saturday (going to Cracker Barrel, getting milkshakes, and leering at men).)

Ugh. I wish I could go, but I don't want to drive 4 hours (round trip) Thursday, then an hour and a half in the other direction the next night.

(If MISS was coming to the show, it'd be an easy yes. As it is, it's probably just a sad, hard no.)

I guess I don't really have a question...

I'm leaving it.

Jun 15th 2013

Dear Toosie,

GO! DAMMIT!

You're young. Enjoy it.

Jun 15th 2013

Young, but broke. And it'd cost a lot of money to drive my F250 to Roanoke, then back home, then to Charlotte, then home.

But wouldn't it be fun?

Jun 15th 2013 edited

You drive an F250? Why?

(Borrow somebody's Prius)

Jun 15th 2013

Yes. Reasons. I don't think there are any Priuses in my town.

Jun 15th 2013 edited

Steal somebody's Dodge Dart then.

Youth is for doing stupid things. They don't even have to be fun at the time (tho this is a plus), but their true purpose is so you can sit around when you're older and laugh about the stupid things you did when you were young. Trust me, I know of what I speak.

Jun 15th 2013

I...don't want to be stupid...

Jun 15th 2013

Toosie, you are old before your time...

grin

Jun 15th 2013

Yeah, I don't know any other 90 year olds who will go to the show, either. :-)

Jun 15th 2013

I don't think there are any Priuses in my town.

Where do you live, the moon?

Jun 15th 2013

Toosie, you should stay home. There might be something good on TV that you can tell your grandkids about.

Jun 15th 2013

Where do you live, the moon?

Feels like sometimes.

It's two hours away, which if isn't a big deal if I'm going to Greensboro, because those are 2 highway hours. To Roanoke, it's like 2 mountain hours. It's a harder drive, not really a longer drive. And I've not gone there before, by myself, and I tend to get lost, a lot.

I really need a good car...if I can save money to get one this year, I'll be able to see more shows next year.

I don't know. I still might. I might not. I'll keep you informed.

Jun 15th 2013

TOOSIE!! Go to the concert! And get a hotel or, even better, stay at Kathy's both nights. You're already staying Friday night so what's the difference? You will regret not going. And you'll be pissed if you don't because I'm going to see them 4 times this year and you will have only seen the twice. Go! Please go.

Jun 16th 2013

Toosie, a wise man said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I think it was Tiger Woods. Or John McEnroe. Doesn't matter. The point is, I wouldn't go, and pretty much for the reasons you don't want to go. So you should probably go.

Jul 8th 2013

This is a weird question, but someone might know. A long time ago, when I was a kid, I went gem mining. A short time ago, I found the rocks. I've got a whole bunch of amethyst and other stuff in a few glass boxes.

Is there anything at all that I can do with them? Or am I basically stuck with a couple of glass boxes of rocks? Like, until I pitch them?

Jul 8th 2013

Dude, turn them into art projects.

Jul 8th 2013

Like, just glue them to crap?

Jul 8th 2013

Yep.

Jul 9th 2013

My daughter loves those things. We go to this local place, you buy a bag of dirt, take it to a sluice, wash away the dirt, and find gems and artifacts. Mostly fool's gold and cheap gemstones, but sometimes you find fossils or an arrowhead. She still has boxes of the stuff she found.

Jul 9th 2013

It was fun to do. And pretty for a while. But now I've got a box of rocks.

Jul 9th 2013

Toosie's box is rockin'.

Jul 9th 2013

When you figure out what to do with that, let me know, because I'll do the same thing with the box of seashells that my grandparents collected 40 years ago.

Jul 9th 2013

the box of seashells that my grandparents collected 40 years ago.

We live in my great-grandparents' house. My great-granddad died before I was born, but Grandmother lived till I was in high school. My cousins went to the beach once (maybe to Hawaii?) and brought her back a really big, really pretty conch shell.

It's still sitting out on the well in the front yard.

I guess what I'm saying is, set them on the well.

Jul 9th 2013 edited

10000 years from now, archaeologists will be excavating your home and will find the conch shell and think, "a vast inland sea must have once covered this area, and this house was obviously occupied by mermaids. Hillbilly mermaids, from the looks of other artifacts we've found."

Jul 9th 2013

I should go bury more seashells around the yard.

Or just dump my shiny rocks in the creek. Then, they'd eventually wash back down south where I got them.

Jul 9th 2013 edited

But now I've got a box of rocks.

Did anybody else's mom ever tell you that you "listen like a box of rocks?" My mom did, and I find myself saying the same thing sometimes.

Jul 9th 2013

I haven't heard that, but around here we frequently refer to someone as "dumber than a box of rocks."

Jul 10th 2013 edited

I've heard that one, but we usually use "dumber than a bag of hammers."

Why don't you release those shells back into the sea at a place your grandparents used to vacation?

Hillbilly mermaids

I have big feet and love water. Maybe that's what I am. Not all mermaids look like Daryl Hannah, you know.

Jul 10th 2013

Not all mermaids look like Daryl Hannah, you know.

Angrily throws mermaid-summoning device into the ocean

Jul 10th 2013

"crazier than a sack of mashed cats"

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 275
  5. 276
  6. 277
  7. 278
  8. 279
  9. 280